1. Is this server worth playing..?

Real topic here, everyone drop your experiences and opinions on this realm, after researching the PvP Ladders, the server looks like there is barely any level 70s at the moment or its just dead, which is fine considering it is only what? 2 months old? Anyways I'd really like to catch that old TBC retail feel and was wondering if that is felt here... So please drop all opinions and information about this realm! <3

Thanks!

2. Hard to tell. When i look at the population numbers of Medivh and Outland and the fact that each of them could hold a population of 15k players, then I think that its possible that both realms gonna merge in few months.

3. It is definitely hard to tell, but I will give it a try!

4. The server is in a constant yo-yo, so to speak. A month ago, it was peaking at 5k during Eu prime, then dropped, then Felmyst came and it went to 2k, then post Felmyst it went up to 4k, and now back to 3k.

This server is the only stable, secure option to play TBC on atm. Unfortunately, due to the long and pointless leveling-through-vanilla, only like 5-10% of players actually hit 70 and stay playing, rest are either gone or are taking a long time to get there. Hence why there is no active PvP scene and PvE one is.. troubled. Guilds are in the same yo-yo as the server is, constantly having to recruit due to older players getting bored/disappearing after a while. Many new guilds you see spamming global now, won't be there anymore in two weeks time, etc.

This is not a server for everyone, especially not for those who expect instant gratification upon hitting 70. Once more hit max level, as long as we don't loose too many older players, there will be something cooking here. That is still off for a while tho, as many level casually and take their time, a month, two etc.

Edit: Forgot to add the probably largest issue horde side faces, a large influx of russian, and to a lesser extent chinese players. Pretty much all of them use their countrys clients so any communication is severely hampered or nonexistant. This puts even further strain on grouping attempts that are so far any between already during this leveling phase, since most of those players tend to stick to their own populations and rarely venture to group with others. Ofc, there are some who do and are willing to communicate, not many though.

Also, global is not moderated here, so it might be a quick turnoff due to the insane toxicity there. Don't get discouraged tho, there is a horde list of 10-15ish players that are to be ignored instantly, after that it becomes smooth as baby's butt. You'll figure it out shortly, if you choose to go this side.

Only you can decide if something is worth spending time on. However, if you are realistic and don't expect wonders, imo it is.
    Edited: August 6, 2017

5. Thank you for your input Grim, I decided to give it a shot.. just deciding what faction. I assume it will be like the 3.3.5 x1 realm, if so then it will eventually bloom!

6. I started playing here after the Felmyst shutdown and I've been enjoying myself here. Currently level 36 and have experienced some odd bugs - like the last quest of the battle of hillsbrad chain missing. But all in all, I like it very much. Stable and I've met some nice people.

7. Why not try Outland then? It's several times bigger and with 5x XP rates.

8. Unfortunately, due to the long and pointless leveling-through-vanilla, only like 5-10% of players actually hit 70 and stay playing
    Thats also what I'm concerned of. Vanilla content is not designed for TBC and has poor class balance. Ppl actually spend most of their time leveling from 1-58 on this outdated content before they can even experience Outland.
    Imo level 1-58 should have something between x3 - x5 rates and then in Outlands x1 rates from 58-70.
    This way less ppl would lose the motivation while leveling up and the population would increase.
    Edited: August 6, 2017

9. Thats also what I'm concerned of. Vanilla content is not designed for TBC and has poor class balance. Ppl actually spend most of their time leveling from 1-58 on this outdated content before they can even experience Outland.
    Imo level 1-58 should have something between x3 - x5 rates and then in Outlands x1 rates from 58-70.
    This way less ppl would lose the motivation while leveling up and the population would increase.
    I disagree wholeheartedly. The main reason I am playing here is because of the 1x rates throughout all the leveling content. It plays such a vital role filtering out people who can't behave themselves. Now that doesn't mean only angels play at Medivh, but the general atmosphere is much more enjoyable here comparing to Outland.

Besides there are people who enjoy the leveling. Personally, I can't say I love it but i have no problems getting through it. It's a part of the game and once you hit max level you will actually feel accomplishment.

10. I disagree wholeheartedly. The main reason I am playing here is because of the 1x rates throughout all the leveling content. It plays such a vital role filtering out people who can't behave themselves. Now that doesn't mean only angels play at Medivh, but the general atmosphere is much more enjoyable here comparing to Outland.
    That would be fine if we had mostly english-speaking playerbase. The problem is, currently in outland (area, not server) on horde side, it is impossible to form a group (unless guild grp) without having one or more Taiga, Continental, Momory or some other of numerous Russian/Chinese guild members. And with a few exceptions, any and all communication with them seems impossible. From my personal grouping perspective since level 58 up to now 70, I've been seeing russian/chinese players in some occasions even more then from other guilds, so a personal conclusion would be that at least 33% of horde side are those guilds, probably more.

Many players find this a huge turnoff and they stop leveling alltogether. So 1x on a server like Medivh, not so good imo. But hey, it's what we have and those who managed to push through it will have fun at 70 if they choose so.

11. My only concern is spending about a month to gear 2 characters and make gold to get BiS items/enchants/gems/etc then wind up sitting 30 minute ques at 1500 mmr

12. its probably safe to compare this realm to lorderon pvp wise maybe? probably will have the same trends. Most pvpers are on outland. there will be 30 min or non-existent pvp ques for some time in medeiv. but eventually people will start to pvp. :)

13. c r o s s r e a l m
    b a t t l e g r o u n d s

jk