1. Random Dungeon Finder

Yet another post about RDF. In the past, when this realm just came out it was a good idea to bond people by removing RDF. At this moment where the amount of active people dropped quite a bit it becomes quite impossible to find dungeons.

At lower levels you see a few stockades, sm, hp.. that's about it. Entire dungeons wich are scripted seems to be wasted time for the wotlk devs. At 80 you only see PoS, FoS, HoR runs.

I was in favour of a RDF-less realm. But right now I see how it drives people away instead of welcoming them.

How do others see this and did your view changed since the beginning of Lordaeron and now?

2. Hi Laurens,

Warmane staff has been very firm in the past about this and as far as I know they aren't any closer to changing their point of view.

What it really boils down to is that if lack of RDF is too painful for you, you should play on Icecrown and if you don't like x7 rates then you should play somewhere else.

I agree with you 100% and I think it's easier to ask/pay a higher level to run you through dungeons than it is to try to form a group. There's almost always a bored higher level who will help.

Good luck.

EDIT: Also I've noticed that Horde is more active in /global about running other heroics (besides FoS, PoS, HoR) and even running Ony 10/25 daily. Alliance does to of course but I think Alliance has more nationality so people just kind of stick to their respective guilds where as Horde has more EN speakers. Point being you may just need to find the right guild at level 80 if you want to run more than LK heroics.
    Edited: August 6, 2017

3. For the sake of this post not getting deleted, I am not asking Warmane to change it. Just pointing out what I think and asking how others feel about this.

4. There's already an old and active post about this if you're really curious: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....346824&page=11 you even get to see Obnoxious implode about the issue at some point lol.

5. There's already an old and active post about this if you're really curious: http://forum.warmane.com/showthread....346824&page=11 you even get to see Obnoxious implode about the issue at some point lol.
    Just scrolled trough that. Seems like there are quite a few people missing the RDF function. I like the idea of an RDF type where groups are formed but not instantly teleported to. Also my feeling got confirmed that people straight up leave/not even consider a leveling experience without RDF, meanwhile people who like this seem to join a realm with RDF aswell...

This also leaves me to wonder how the development of crossrealm rdf/bg are doing, I've read a couple of years ago they were developing it, then the moltdown happend and I've never heard of it ever again. z

Keeping in mind with what I read and how I think, even the Icecrown queue can be fixed by enabling the RDF. Not only do people skip Lordaeron's Non-rdf-system, they all go to Icecrown because that realm actually does have RDF. I'm about to search their forum for requests to remove RDF there, wonder what i'll find.
    Edited: August 6, 2017

6. Gathering a group is really not that hard. If you are level 30 just do a /who 25-35 and make a macro that whispers all of them asking if they want to go to x dungeon.

Sure it's a bit of a pain but I could always form groups easily doing it.

7. Gathering a group is really not that hard. If you are level 30 just do a /who 25-35 and make a macro that whispers all of them asking if they want to go to x dungeon.

Sure it's a bit of a pain but I could always form groups easily doing it.
    I've been playing Lordaeron since the beginning on Molten-Wow. I occasionally come back here. Do you experience this alternative way of doing dungeons as something you've missed all those years? or doesn't it bother you wether rdf is active or not?

8. Hi Laurens,

Warmane staff has been very firm in the past about this and as far as I know they aren't any closer to changing their point of view.
    thats the problem, they will stand their desition if no one says otherwise, the realm feels like its losing more and more people each month.

9. Hey, I've recently levelled up to 70 on this server the last few weeks and I have to say that I had no problem finding a group for dungeons I wanted to do. At any level. Sometimes it would take quite long, but that didn't matter because I was questing anyway in he meantime. And by searching for people, adding players I've done a dungeon with before to my friends list I have actually made a lot of friends. I can't see that happening with RDF. So IMO the RDF disabled is good. Just my 2 cents

10. I've been playing Lordaeron since the beginning on Molten-Wow. I occasionally come back here. Do you experience this alternative way of doing dungeons as something you've missed all those years? or doesn't it bother you wether rdf is active or not?
    Well this was at the beginning of the year when I last leveled a new alt and the pop has dropped since then. I do however think now we are in 3.3.x patch we should have it. I think there actually will be more people who do dungeons because of it (all levels) and it would be nice to do different dailies other than Gundrak every day.

thats the problem, they will stand their desition if no one says otherwise, the realm feels like its losing more and more people each month.
    It sure is and it's a shame. I don't want to play any other 3.3.5 server out there, they all suck or are too easy.

I just hope within the next 12 months they relaunch Lordaeron (fresh) when they realize it's slowly dying and there is nothing they can do to stop it. There is a lot of demand for a good Wrath server and Warmane have proven that they not only have the best scripting out there but they have the most important thing, longevity.

11. I just hope within the next 12 months they relaunch Lordaeron (fresh) when they realize it's slowly dying and there is nothing they can do to stop it. There is a lot of demand for a good Wrath server and Warmane have proven that they not only have the best scripting out there but they have the most important thing, longevity.
    Best scripting? doubt so lol, that sound like fanatism, still very good scripting netherless.

Also, fresh start? that would kill it more, the reason its dying is because they listen to a minority (very very few players wanting their silly progression) while ignoring the rest.

I joined because i wanted to play like it was in old 2011 lordaeron, no heirlooms? alright, i can deal with that, just dont hope ill lvl so much characters, it gets annoying after playing this patch for -8+years , at least with heirloom you dont have to worry to search for a better weapon around there to actually start lvling decently and not doing potato dmg.

Rdf would be glorious just like old lordaeron had, i did so much vanilla dungeons i didnt even know they existed or how they fully worked, now the best you can see (at least in alliance side) is a few deadmines or stockades group, the rest are very rare to see.

So yeah, this progression mode is nothing but annoying in the long run for veteran players, i just wanted a x1 realm like old lordaeron, not another experiment that never worked and never will, the only advantage warmane had is the population to make it alive a little longer, but even with high population it shows that a progression server WILL never work unless they make an old patch realm and max raid would be something like ulduar, but not like this.

12. Also, if they make a x3 realm like "Frostwilf best raelm" was, i would join it instantly and leave this "progression" experiment, seriously, just bring us the old normal x1 lordaeron, stop listening to a minority of "hardcore" trying to speak as majority.

13. Even if you could ask every singe player on this realm if they want RDF and 90% of them said "yes" it wouldn't matter one bit.
    I think Lord is just supposed to be this low pop, niche, "hardcore" realm. It's not casual friendly, new-player friendly nor alt friendly. IMO it's not friendly at all, lol.

Too bad there's no low rate, blizzlike server worth playing on ATM. WotLK lovers are screwed ;x

Also, if they make a x3 realm like "Frostwilf best raelm" was, i would join it instantly
    Yup. Frostwolf was hands down the best realm on molten - x3 exp rate was perfect (not too slow, not too fast) and people were nice - not elitist like on old Lord and not totally clueless like on x12/x20. Too bad Cata ruined it.

14. I agree with OP
    I started in lord during Naxx and dungeon groups opened up for me every hour while I was leveling up, It was good and because of it I became anti-rdf, but that was when server had over 9000 players at any given time.
    Now, while leveling alts, I rarely see a group being formed, its most of the time not for my lvl and I notice they spam global for hours, and I cba to start my own groups.
    Its easier to find a bored 80 to boost you than to find a full group for a dungeon.
    I started a low lvl character in icecrown just to do low lvl dungeons now anyway.

15. Should definetly be enabled by now. Could even be too late. I cant believe this great server has died so much and ANYTHING must be done to bring back population. A flagship server was completely abandoned by players and by developers. However, I do see a point in here because donating here is absolutely not existant. Had a great experience last week. Me and other 4 friends tried forming icc 25 group for 2 hours straight and unsuccessfully. The population is just waaay too low for pug raiding. My friends quit. Heck, even heirlooms should be enabled since that interests some people too. I dont think anyone would whine too much and complain about enabled rdf or heirlooms and I can definetly see atleast +500 population if these things were enabled.
    Best regards

12 Last