1. Prot Paladin weapon

I have a question, why do we have to use caster weapons?, i got one and i have no problems while im tanking, but i was doing a quest right now and my weapon hit **** to mobs, same thing when im in battlegrounds. Have anyone tried to play with a normal tank weapon?.

2. I have a question, why do we have to use caster weapons?, i got one and i have no problems while im tanking, but i was doing a quest right now and my weapon hit **** to mobs, same thing when im in battlegrounds. Have anyone tried to play with a normal tank weapon?.
    You use a weapon with spell power if u have problem with building threath. If u dont, u can use something like Honor's Call from Honor Hold exlated.
    '

3. First thing is, you shouldn't go into Battlegrounds specced as Prot. Prot paladins are meant for Tanking and AoE farming, not PvP or single-target killing. When solo questing or playing PvP, you should switch into another talent spec - retri or holy - and use their respective abilities.

The only reason to use a "normal" weapon is when you really need the stats from the weapon, but defense/dodge is not worth sacrificing 120+ spell damage from the weapon. The damage you add by using a 80-ish dps weapon will be lost by not having the spell damage bonus for your SoRighteousness or SoVengeance. Add in Consecration rank 1, judgement every 10 seconds, and your spell damage dps will be far superior when compared to the output of a "normal" tank weapon.