1. Increased Range on Name Plates

Just an Idea but increasing nameplate range if it were possible would be great. I know they did it in live wow but i don't know how they did it. The Range on the tbc server feels like its only about 20 yards.

2. Agreed

Just an Idea but increasing nameplate range if it were possible would be great. I know they did it in live wow but i don't know how they did it. The Range on the tbc server feels like its only about 20 yards.
    I personally think this would be a great idea! The range on nameplates is quite short, it would definitely be awesome if they could increase the range, maybe to like 40/50 yards.

This is a great idea, I've thought about this before so I'm glad someone finally made a post about this :)

3. Do you have any proof it was like that in retail? I think it would be the same here if it was like that there.

4. Agreed

I agree with Leona. Maybe you should elaborate more on that.

5. It was not that way in tbc they changed it in cata or wrath, so i do not know if the commands for it existed on the admin side. It might just be a server setting like grass visibility range was in vanilla. I was asking to know if they could find a way to make the adjustment to the tbc server. I don't know if it is even possible but it is a suggestion to look into as it was an awkward time in wow when casting range was 36 yards and nameplate range was only 20. Again it may not be possible as i know the game worked differently like how you can only get debuff data from your target and not everyone in range hence why add ons like tidy plates can't be back ported.

6. Neat idea but not with disadvantages.
    In some places of the games where mobs are standing in a group (like Murloks or the waves in Hyjal raid etc.) this may impair your view / vision.

Also, it's kind of a personal preference. Having it enabled on server side (if it's possible) will enable it for "All" of the players and they might not like the idea.

7. Short range is hardcoded to client. It was exactly like that in tbc.

Feelsbad they ban you if you modify it (easy to find and modify from memory).

8. Neat idea but not with disadvantages.
    In some places of the games where mobs are standing in a group (like Murloks or the waves in Hyjal raid etc.) this may impair your view / vision.

Also, it's kind of a personal preference. Having it enabled on server side (if it's possible) will enable it for "All" of the players and they might not like the idea.
    They could always add in an option for players to turn off the increased range if they didn't like having it, I've encountered a lot of people that actually would have the range increased rather than have it at such a short range. It's a player to player reference, not saying you're wrong or anything, each person is different when it comes to things like that. I think it would be pretty cool to have increased range with the option to enable or disable the extra range. That's just my preference though. :)