1. Race for Priest

I've been made aware that Discipline that is the best way to spec yourself until level 70, then I was planning on resetting talents and raiding as a Shadow Priest. I was wondering what's been the best race to level one on?

2. Do you favor a faction? Also, what aspect of a Shadow Priest would you prefer to focus on? Group utility or DPS? Do you play PvE or PvP more? Those things play a factor in what I would recommend.

I've made a thorough list as to what racials and spells each race of Priest has in my Holy guide here. (Scroll down to section IX for coverage on racials and special spells.)

>Horde
    I'd recommend Undead for PvP. Troll for PvE DPS. Blood Elf if you prefer better mana efficiency and a blanket silence for PvP.

>Alliance
    I recommend Human if you care about your mana efficiency. Dwarf if you want to PvP (Draenei being a close 2nd), and Draenei for PvE group utility. You don't really have DPS options on Alliance, so go for mana effiency (Human) or hit rating (Draenei) for that. Both are very minor DPS gains, but are gains nonetheless.

3. I really like Human for pvp. Perception is too OP against stealth classes one being a major weakness of priest. The xtra reputation bonus is a big plus too.