1. donation gear

Hey guys, i have a fresh lvl 80 warlock and im thinking of donating for some gears (please no hate). Im thinking of donating about 4-5 items, what would be the best items to go for ? 4 set first or maybe some other bis items instead ? Totally newbie question but would rly appreciate the help. Thanks

2. I would recommend you this items they are hard to get and the same time huge dps increase. If you are not in good guild most likely you will never have them.

1. Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony Heroic
    2. Phylactery of the Nameless Lich Heroic
    3. Charred Twilight Scale Heroic
    4. Bracers of Fiery Night Heroic
    5. Cloak of Burning Dusk Heroic

Now since most pugs on ICC 25 can past VDW and even some HC pugs too you can get the feet Plague Scientist's Boots Heroic over item number 5. Because the VDW version is not that behind but there is no other feet that comes close to this one.

ps. Dont donate for set items. Do your RDF HC every day, VOA 10/25,ICC 10/25 every week and the weekly eof quest. It will take you sometime but you will have them.
    Edited: August 12, 2017

3. I know its not BIS, but i would donate for Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas Heroic instead of the sword. The reason is that good offhands are really hard to get, so the staff will be much better untill you get a really good offhand. In addition, using a 284 staff will boost your gearscore and easier get you into pug raids.

4. I know its not BIS, but i would donate for Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas Heroic instead of the sword. The reason is that good offhands are really hard to get, so the staff will be much better untill you get a really good offhand. In addition, using a 284 staff will boost your gearscore and easier get you into pug raids.
    He can easy get Lightbane Focus or Shriveled Heart for just 17 points from the shop. Not to say that even Ward of the Violet Citadel, Handbook of Obscure Remedies for just 25 EOH are a lot better than this staff combining with Bloodsurge, Kel'Thuzad's Blade of Agony Heroic . Donating for this staff is probably the worst thing he can do.

5. Archus is pretty much equal to Bloodsurge+Shriveled Heart, but better than Bloodsurge+EOH offhands. It does however 1. gives him another item to get untill he is ICC ready (points could be used to fill other items) and 2. It gives him a lower GS (which matters if you are pugging on this server whether you like it or not)

6. Do NOT donate the staff.
    It will become a dead item (waste of coins) the moment u get ur hands on a good off hand.
    As for Gear Score logic, no. He will have more than enough GS to get anywhere he wants with those 5 items, some crafting items, and BoEs.
    He should farm RDF first, a lot, just to get into his class and not be a dead weight to the raid, so pumping ur GS up is whats wrong with this server. Dont be one of those guys.

7. I'm in a similar situation, and I'm wondering if I should go DFO instead, because I'd prefer to play affliction. I know that sometimes I'll be forced demo, because of our lovely min/max server, but I really enjoy affliction over demo. I guess what I really want to know is, how much worse is Phylactery for affliction than DFO for demo?