1. The Population has decreased by almost half.......

I think it's time to put in paid max level boosts, and match the prices on the item shop to Icecrown. Why?
    The model that is used on Icecrown works, everything should be scales to match.....2x rep, 2x professions, except the 5x experience, that should stay.
    (And by half population, It used to max out at 15k, with 4k in Que, now its staying around 11k, that's less that 12k population cap on Icecrown)

I'd also like to see the point store implemented, why you may ask?
    It would make people have a reason to try the other expansions to at least hit 1000 achievement points. and they would, period. doesn't mean they'd stay there, but they would want to collect points, I'd bet money on that.

Now, I'm sure there will be people saying NO, no, no, just no. But look at the facts..... the model used for Icecrown works, no one can deny that. It's a balanced blend of cash catch up, helping maintain the server, and still have everything attainable in game.

The hardcore which the server tried to find that middle ground for, can easily go to Medivh.

I'm not saying anything anyone doesn't know. It's time. I think there are quite a few people like me that's waiting for it, it's time to put it in.
    Edited: August 13, 2017

2. One thing for sure.

Paid max level boost will Kill the Trade Caracter Store.

Alot of people will pay for a 70 rather than Buying one on trade.

3. One thing for sure.

Paid max level boost will Kill the Trade Caracter Store.

Alot of people will pay for a 70 rather than Buying one on trade.
    Not necessarily, it could increase the selling of geared toons. The decrease would be seen as none geared toons sell as much.

the benefits of more people sticking around would offset that I feel.

I would also bet my accounts as Icecrown funds most of the server maintenance costs. and two servers same model, would in fact be better, now there are bound to be some people who will not like this idea, but I'd also wager that those are the same people cannot or will not donate.
    Edited: August 13, 2017

4. I wouldn't worry. Its the middle of August the "slowest" month of all year. Every single mmo suffers during Summer WoW retail included with guilds breaking up raiders taking breaks etc. Starts getting better after September/October again people will start staying more at their houses, will start looking at/for servers and things will go back to normal.

5. icecrown begs to differ tho

6. I think it's time to put in paid max level boosts, and match the prices on the item shop to Icecrown. Why?
    The model that is used on Icecrown works, everything should be scales to match.....2x rep, 2x professions, except the 5x experience, that should stay.
    (And by half population, It used to max out at 15k, with 4k in Que, now its staying around 11k, that's less that 12k population cap on Icecrown)

It would make people have a reason to try the other expansions to at least hit 1000 achievement points. and they would, period. doesn't mean they'd stay there, but they would want to collect points, I'd bet money on that.

Now, I'm sure there will be people saying NO, no, no, just no. But look at the facts..... the model used for Icecrown works, no one can deny that. It's a balanced blend of cash catch up, helping maintain the server, and still have everything attainable in game.

The hardcore which the server tried to find that middle ground for, can easily go to Medivh.

I'm not saying anything anyone doesn't know. It's time. I think there are quite a few people like me that's waiting for it, it's time to put it in.
    1) Looks to me that you are forgetting that at a server release there is always a lot more hype, something that will create a lot higher population + queue then later.

2) A 11 k population on a TBC realm, is a lot more active world then a 12 k population on a WOTLK realm.

3) You are also saying that by adding more to the cash shop, will increase the population. Did you notic that the population actually dropped when they added more to the cash shop? I know they had already said that there would be a cash shop (and I have nothing against a cash shop) - but it looks to me that there are many people that does not accept the cash shop as much as we want them to. So are we really that sure that adding more to the cash shop will increase the population, and not just decrease it even more? As we know by time, WOTLK was the most popular expansion. So cash shop or not, it may be the expansion.

4) You are also saying that if this removes the hardcore feeling for some people, they can go to Medivh for a more hardcore content. But won't that just decrease the population yet again?

- I don't really think there is much to do at this point. I think this is just a part of the hype decreasing. So I don't think they should add/remove anything from the cash shop at this moment.

I wouldn't worry. Its the middle of August the "slowest" month of all year. Every single mmo suffers during Summer WoW retail included with guilds breaking up raiders taking breaks etc. Starts getting better after September/October again people will start staying more at their houses, will start looking at/for servers and things will go back to normal.
    Feel like this is a reasoning that people are using way too much. Saw people saying the same on Lordaeron. There is always something that can cause a decreased population. I think the decreasing population will stop on 9-12k, and that is a very healthy population for a TBC realm. People worry too much as you say, but I don't think it has anything to do with summer.

7. I think it's time to put in paid max level boosts, and match the prices on the item shop to Icecrown. Why?

100% this. I want to have more options.

8. 11k population is better than fine, I don't see the issue here. The hype died down, it's summer, and like it or not, the cash shop had people leaving as well. The servers doing fine

9. 1) Looks to me that you are forgetting that at a server release there is always a lot more hype, something that will create a lot higher population + queue then later.

2) A 11 k population on a TBC realm, is a lot more active world then a 12 k population on a WOTLK realm.

3) You are also saying that by adding more to the cash shop, will increase the population. Did you notic that the population actually dropped when they added more to the cash shop? I know they had already said that there would be a cash shop (and I have nothing against a cash shop) - but it looks to me that there are many people that does not accept the cash shop as much as we want them to. So are we really that sure that adding more to the cash shop will increase the population, and not just decrease it even more? As we know by time, WOTLK was the most popular expansion. So cash shop or not, it may be the expansion.

4) You are also saying that if this removes the hardcore feeling for some people, they can go to Medivh for a more hardcore content. But won't that just decrease the population yet again?

- I don't really think there is much to do at this point. I think this is just a part of the hype decreasing. So I don't think they should add/remove anything from the cash shop at this moment.

Feel like this is a reasoning that people are using way too much. Saw people saying the same on Lordaeron. There is always something that can cause a decreased population. I think the decreasing population will stop on 9-12k, and that is a very healthy population for a TBC realm. People worry too much as you say, but I don't think it has anything to do with summer.
    1. Not at all, I can see the numbers day by day, by looking in the info tab. the hype was going to die down, your right, but who wants to grind out over and over to get more toon to do more raids with, not many I'd wager.

2. This is incorrect sir.

3. You're absolutely right I am saying that, by adding it in, you have can boost a toon, and start gearing which will keep people from getting bored. Don't think it'll work, look at Icecrowns boosts.

4. Yup, the server tried to bridge the gap from the people that want to get to endgame asap, and the hardcore feel which was BC. With an increase of rates and shop items, that does diminish, however it brings an aspect of Wrath that everyone loves, getting into endgame faster. It would hit the population numbers, however that would be offset by more players sticking around to run more raids.

You guys are correct about time of the year as well, I'm not worried. lol It always picks up in winter. However, I've been waiting on the max level boost to play there, and I'll be doing quite a few. I am not gonna level my toons, I've done it more than I can count, so I kinda despise the process now.

10. the best posts are the ones that say everything is fine

11. btw i guess Icecrown has no Summer since the server didnt suffer from this "summer" thing people talk about

maybe, just maybe stop fooling yourselves with excuses such is the hype and summer and smell the coffee

12. I don't know how you havn't noticed it, but the the cash shop being released is the reason the population has dropped, everyone has bought their bis pre ssc/tk karazhan gear and there is no reason to log on unless its raid night, more cash shop crap will only further give players less incentive to log in.

The majority in general do not like cash shop, nothing drives out a private server playerbase like a p2w system.

You also have to remember, that the launch hype isnt going to last forever, your were dreaming if you thought the population would stay at 15k, also, very few people enjoy ssc/tk, im anticipating alot of players return suddenly once black temple and troll raids come out.

Also from talking to other guilds and people, it seems, although tk and ssc are out, very few guilds are actually running them atm as getting 25 people attuned is a pain in the *** that can take weeks if you have lazy members, so alot of players are literally out of content while they wait for other players to get attuned and have no purpose to log in.
    (warmane really ****ed it up by dropping the cash shop so early, and not waiting a month or so after ssc to introduce cash shop)

Also warmane private servers dropped during school holidays and mid year holidays when everyone had free time to waste, it is currently mid august and most students are cramming and don't have time for wow

The server is by no means dead, if anything it is at a healthy population similar to what would be experienced in retail.

tl;dr, the population is fine, stop trying to scare monger people into agreeing with your personal ideal version of a cash shop.

13. so what is ic then, a miracle
    a flaw in the plan
    ?????????

14. What is the point of selling fresh level 70? You can make more coins/hour by selling gold.

I can guarantee you 90% would rather pay for level 70 boost with no gear than some random ''fresh'' level 70 with busted quests/reputations.
    Lol dude i said the same thing as you.

I agree with you.

Why Buy toons on trade when you can just make a toon with the appearance you want, The name you want, the gender and pay for lvl 70 boots?

Lvl 70 boost will Kill the Trade caracter store.

15. I don't know how you havn't noticed it, but the the cash shop being released is the reason the population has dropped, everyone has bought their bis pre ssc/tk karazhan gear and there is no reason to log on unless its raid night, more cash shop crap will only further give players less incentive to log in.

The majority in general do not like cash shop, nothing drives out a private server playerbase like a p2w system.

You also have to remember, that the launch hype isnt going to last forever, your were dreaming if you thought the population would stay at 15k, also, very few people enjoy ssc/tk, im anticipating alot of players return suddenly once black temple and troll raids come out.

Also from talking to other guilds and people, it seems, although tk and ssc are out, very few guilds are actually running them atm as getting 25 people attuned is a pain in the *** that can take weeks if you have lazy members, so alot of players are literally out of content while they wait for other players to get attuned and have no purpose to log in.
    (warmane really ****ed it up by dropping the cash shop so early, and not waiting a month or so after ssc to introduce cash shop)

Also warmane private servers dropped during school holidays and mid year holidays when everyone had free time to waste, it is currently mid august and most students are cramming and don't have time for wow

The server is by no means dead, if anything it is at a healthy population similar to what would be experienced in retail.

tl;dr, the population is fine, stop trying to scare monger people into agreeing with your personal ideal version of a cash shop.
    Uggggg, the try hard know it all....

I like how you put in a tldr, when clearly you read some of the first post and nothing else, clearly anything other than your thoughts are tldr.

I'm not trying to scare anyone, You have only been here but a few months, so you CLEARLY have no idea what your talking about, and before you say... but but I played other servers. well that ain't here buddy. So please, stop popping off about something you A) don't know about, and B) Don't understand.

I never once said the server is dead.

Fact is most people don't enjoy the grind. and IF they put in boost max level, and point shop is introduced, that means there are other classes for people to play, and they can gear them with okay starter gear.

There is a reason why Icecrown remains the defecto server, and remains capped always. the server model works.
    Edited: August 14, 2017

123 Last