1. Another thread about what do after dinging 80

So I know there are plenty of threads about this topic and I've read them all already. What I'm looking for is detailed steps on how to start to getting geared up for end-game content (be PvP or raids).

As for now I've ****ty 50-60-70 greens that I got from questing. I tried joining RDF (normal) but I never manage to actually finish a dungeon because all the members of the party quits before finishing it (I'm still learning the tanking role). So farming the emblems is in standby for now. Others suggested that I'd go farming reputation around WotLK areas but I don't really know how to proceed on this one. Also, is it really worth to buy some BoE blue pieces from AH?

Spec: classic tank protection paladin.

2. The blues on the AH are worth to get you started if they are reasonably priced. Otherwise, reputations is the way to go to get you some gear that will land you better groups and help you get into the content that drops better gear (heroic dungeons and the Frozen Halls normal mode dungeons). Getting reputation for each is a little bit different. Each one has a variety of quest chains and/or daily quests you can do to gain reputation. You may also use a tabard for that faction to get reputation while doing a dungeon. Give me your character name and realm name (you can send it privately to my inbox if you wish) and I can see about sending you some blues if I'm on the same realm and faction (my main is a blacksmith), in order to help propel you forward. Having a bit of gear to help you get started should ease the learning process some.

3. There is a really cheap tank ring on AH, ilvl264, harbinger's bone band, you'll keep that for a long time.
    Also yes, reputations will help you a lot, they have some ilvl187-200 tank items and even enchants to help you out some more. Pick up and save any crafting materials and check what you need for crafted wrist/chest/boots from ICC/TOC recipes, they can be pretty expensive sometimes though, don't overpay them.