1. Today I have learned that nobody ever quits WoW.

They just take really long breaks.

And when people stop playing retail, they come here.

2. I dont know how accurate this is, but is almost like this.

there are exceptions, some people get tired, usually some that never touch the game again, most of those has been people that are neither competitive here or they never cared to improve themselves, so nothing to keep them playing in the future.

others have tried other games, guild wars....league of legends....counter strike:go....whateverwhatever. they always end up going back even if it after 5 years of taking a break, be it for nostalgia or how complex wow is compared to the other games in the market.

3. I've been trying to get one friend to play wow again for a few years and he's legit addicted to runescape. I can't get him to even download a wow client, regardless of the expansion.

4. honestly this is totally true, in my own personal experience...

I stopped playing retail a few months after cata came out because I couldn't afford the $15 a month. I missed it a lot, so finally (years later) I paid for a subscription and started playing again.. but I never really got back into it, so I stopped playing. then I was introduced to warmane, so I played here for a while, got bored, and stopped for a year or so. now I'm playing again, and have been for several months. my computer died a few weeks ago, so I can't play for at least a few more weeks, and I think I currently miss it more than ever.

it's just so surprising to me that I started playing WoW like, eight years ago. and I still love it.

5. Tbh, my boyfriend used to play wow all the time when we met in 2012 - he was like addicted to it. He quit in late 2013 and will probably never touch it again. He is sick and tired of all the morons ruining his experience and he used to be the kind of person to alt f4 if people got annoying (like whining about loot or simply being rude). The last time he was playing happily was when he was in an active guild and raided with them for fun... Then cata came and all went to sh.t since the guild gradually disbanded after failed attempt at trying out cata. I still continue to kill time with wotlk anyway even after 7 years.

6. They just take really long breaks.

And when people stop playing retail, they come here.
    I will quit wow when soon my foreign girlfriend came and we are together ;) gf is better than wow xD

7. I will quit wow when soon my foreign girlfriend came and we are together ;) gf is better than wow xD
    try turning a gf off when she gets on your nerves. :P

8. Tim Duncan did quit and never came back.

9. Same here. in 2009 a friend started playing Wotlk and i was intrigued so i started it too , it was molten wow back then. Everything was bugged as hell but i stuck to it because cannot afford ****. now after 8 years im still here playing wow with the same server. I took a break for a year. I have deleted wow over 20 times but again miss it and download.

10. I've been trying to get one friend to play wow again for a few years and he's legit addicted to runescape. I can't get him to even download a wow client, regardless of the expansion.
    Leo on what realms do you play atm ? :)
    Edited: August 20, 2017

11. Leo on what realms do you play atm ? :)
    Icecrown, but I returned to alliance

12. This is something you should have already known xD