1. Going hard! Need a main!

Hey there! I'm joining this server! Making the hard push to 70 want to be a part of this community. I'm going to be rolling alliance and need help deciding. It's a current toss up between a Mage or a shaman. If I go shaman I'll be resto/ele.

Just kind of want to know if shamans, especially resto are just too common, I don't see any mages. I know this server is more bring the player not the class, but I like being a class on the lower population side of things.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Both are represented pretty equally I think. Maybe less mages since shamans fulfill multiple roles, but I'd say play either. Everyone can always use more of both.
    Edited: August 14, 2017

3. Just my observation: in all the groups I've joined leveling up to 66 now: I've seen many shaman (none resto because I'm a healer)....and only two mages. Maybe mages don't like to join instances... That said, I think you've already said it: play what you like.

4. You can't go wrong by rolling a Mage. There really are not that many Mages around and they're quite valuable for Heroics. For raids though... no real reason to bring more than one Mage (for cookies/int buff/Imp Scorch) since Warlocks are just more useful than Mages in TBC 25 mans (curses, ISB, equal or higher DPS, no mana issues, better survivability,...).

5. There weren't many rogues for a while. That being said, with the influx of NA players, I think that's changing as I'm noticing a lot more rogues running around.

6. I know this server is more bring the player not the class
    Errr, no. This is TBC. You can quickly and safely disregard anyone saying that.

Yes, mages are surprisingly rare on Alliance side, I don't know why. We usually have 1-2 per an entire 25-man raid. Shamans are more popular but then again you can't go wrong with shaman either because everyone will want you for your totems and Heroism, and because shamans can be RDPS, MDPS or healers while mages can only be RDPS.

7. How about Rogues. Needed?
    Only if you're rolling Alliance...I'm sick of getting ganked...

8. How about Rogues. Needed?
    Rogue isn't your best bet if you want to raid. It's not that had to find Heroics but raid spots in 25 mans are very limited for melee DPS in TBC.