1. Things we need to overcome together!!! (ID between normal and HC mode, PVE)

Hello everyone,

As a community of Frostwolf, who are still keen on raiding we are very close to each other ( I am talking from Horde perspective). Despite low population of server PVE - tryhard players, we are still eager and restless about situation with ID bug. We know what kind of difficulties we encounter on each boss, some we are capable to overcome, but some sadly we are not. But that is ok, since we can swich ids between normal and heroic mode thats super awesome.

But there is something that put us in an uncomfortable situation, this was registered in bug-tracker for quite a while, but still didn't receive major attention.
    The purpose of this post is not to complain, but just a mere tool to expose a matter that rly put many PvE guilds in harsh situation: in order to change difficulty everyone in raid needs to leave instance and then we have to wait 30-40 min before it can be swiched, so for example if we are not geared enough for dark shamans encounter and we wish to swich Id back to normal we have to wait 40 mins. Then after shaman if we wish to kill Nazgrim we have to wait again. So thats 80mins of pure waiting and many other optional situacions depending on each guild strengh. So to clear soo takes much much longer, since like 40-50% of the time contains only waiting between id swich. I dont mind to continue raid 2-3 days per week, but the problem is that many players cant join the same raid again due to work or IRL matters. So at best we can get 1 max 2 days on this raid due to low population of strong pve players.

From our community experience, we know that sharing such information sometimes causes some good for the whole server. for e.g when we discussed about the importance of closer teleportation in soo after clearing some bosses and we were very gratefull it helped a lot.

So I will repeat myself, this post is created not to complain, it has only one purpose - to show what really matters to us, PVE players, more than other bugs at the moment. I hope people will react here about how they feel about this issue to prove that we really need to overcome this situation together as community.

Big love to Frostwolf from Your buddy Feitulis!!!
    Best regards.

2. 100% agree.

Our raid nights have been ruined by this. We used to clear SoO normal in one evening, but now it's impossible to organize the same 10 people to log in 2-3 times just to finish that single run. We have newbies that need gearing, we have players are who not yet strong enough for HC and need normal and since the ID is shared, we are struggling to find time to do all of that. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

3. Hello

@zymis3

Since this have been on the Bug Tracker for 1 year with a Priority 11.

https://www.warmane.com/bugtracker/report/27490

You can vote it up and add more details and than I would recommend you Pm a Gm to check the status since this has been so long.

Good Luck
    Edited: August 16, 2017

4. I don't PvE much nowadays but I can totally understand why this would be quite a frustrating bug to deal with.

However, posting about bugs already on the bugtracker is against the forum rules. I imagine mods are leaving this thread up for a reason, but you should pm QA staff such as Proterean and Nobuemon about these things.

Hope the bug gets the attention it very clearly deserves.

5. Every pve guild mentioned this at least once. But i guess we needed a thread like this 1 so we can all write in 1 place in hope this gets higher priority. Waiting 40min twice for 1 boss is just waste of god damn time.

6. Every pve guild mentioned this at least once. But i guess we needed a thread like this 1 so we can all write in 1 place in hope this gets higher priority. Waiting 40min twice for 1 boss is just waste of god damn time.
    Today it did not reset even after 50 minutes have passed. And this happened a few times now. No idea how it works. Then after it didn't reset, we entered just to check after 30 more minutes and it resetted. Basically no logic behind it and that sucks.

7. Today it did not reset even after 50 minutes have passed. And this happened a few times now. No idea how it works. Then after it didn't reset, we entered just to check after 30 more minutes and it resetted. Basically no logic behind it and that sucks.
    Yeah, I was very upset after this run, since I can spare only 1 day (max 2) per week for serious raiding and half of the time all I did was pure waiting for id to to be swiched between normal and heroic mode.

8. So can we have a word from a staff member, is this been worked on or no? Because like zymis here i dont have spare time waiting for soft resets for undoable bosses. If Iron Juggernaut and Malkorok(Heroic) were working, this discussion would be out of existence. But then again, thats another story. To make myself clear i am not complaining, all of this is on the bugtracker!
    Edited: August 17, 2017

9. to be honest in retail its was like this , the id between heroic and normal is shared at all time . yet you can join raid finder and felixable as much as you want . but obviously the reason warmane fix the id thing and make it retail wise before scripting a normal dmg scalled garosh in normal ,is that so people donate for hc gear and trinkets because gearing your char pve wise is not easy any more ..... $$$$

10. to be honest in retail its was like this , the id between heroic and normal is shared at all time . yet you can join raid finder and felixable as much as you want . but obviously the reason warmane fix the id thing and make it retail wise before scripting a normal dmg scalled garosh in normal ,is that so people donate for hc gear and trinkets because gearing your char pve wise is not easy any more ..... $$$$
    Share id isnt a problem. The time consuming between switching modes is.

11. PVE fans here know what to expect after being here for more than 1 years - we endure and try to do our best to progress. But Id switching problem is just too much time consuming - it removes all fun and demotivates a certain percentage of players. Wiping on certain boss mechanics is something we can overcome by ourselves with grinding and polishing our skills, but in this situation we need help from Warmane.

12. So any info on this?

SoO right now is a pain in the butt. Bonecrushers at Galakras still have way too much HP (In HC and 25 man, one bonecrusher has the same hp as some MSV bosses lol), there is no flamestrike/blizzard provided by NPCs still, Iron Juggernaut still has invisible Borrer Drill, enrages too quickly and in HC deals way too much dmg. Malkorok still drops puddles at the same time as Breath of Y'Shaarj is being cast, in HC it drops 7 puddles for 10 people lol.

And with all this, we need to switch ID to skip bosses that even best of the best on the server can't beat and the ID switching is bugged. Seriously, tell us something about this, communicate with us, or do we need to make a thousand more threads about the same issues?

13. The report in question has been reworked by the QA team and it has been forwarded to the development team to fit under agenda and hopefully implement it.

14. Any news about the ID switching?

Btw, we figured out it resets only after some times has passed after the corpse of a boss disappear and sometimes it takes up to a hour for it to do so. For example at Dark Shamans, one body takes 30 mins to disappear and another 30 mins after that. So in total we are looking at around ~1h30 mins if waiting .

15. The report in question has been reworked by the QA team and it has been forwarded to the development team to fit under agenda and hopefully implement it.
    Can we get any updates on this topic?
    Thank You.

12 Last