1. this isn't an invitational tournament, every1 can qualify through the ladder tho

in any case, there aren't much more than like 2 or 3 guilds per expansion that would be able to field a meaningful competition in any case

2. There is little point in having elimination rounds if the tournament is a speed run of a raid.
    Could always try to do the elimination round with some other raid? Dunno if that would still be challenging given the patch is higher.

3. the ladder is the elimination round tho

4. There is little point in having elimination rounds if the tournament is a speed run of a raid.
    Since it's not a Guinness record run, would be just the same as it is, but including more people, to see who beats everyone.

1x1 - - -
    |--
    1x1 - - - |-- winner
    |--
    1x1 - - -

this isn't an invitational tournament, every1 can qualify through the ladder tho

in any case, there aren't much more than like 2 or 3 guilds per expansion that would be able to field a meaningful competition in any case
    The ladder points is about pve points, not how fast you can kill lich king, so, #1 ladder doens't mean all.

5. Since it's not a Guinness record run, would be just the same as it is, but including more people, to see who beats everyone.

1x1 - - -
    |--
    1x1 - - - |-- winner
    |--
    1x1 - - -
    "Round one done! Now do the exact same thing all over again!"
    It doesn't work when you don't have teams directly interacting with each other. There is no point to it. At all.

6. "Round one done! Now do the exact same thing all over again!"
    It doesn't work when you don't have teams directly interacting with each other. There is no point to it. At all.
    As an idea, maybe then dont make it the same stuff.
    For example, invite 16 guilds, lottery who vs who.
    For Wrath
    Round 1 = Naxxramas
    Quaterfinals = Ulduar
    Semifinals = EoE+ToGC
    Finals = ICC+RS

Now I do totally understand that this would take a long time to go through, but... That's the cost of having more people involved, I guess. Except, if you want to try to run many streams at the same time (like there is one main - Warmane - stream and then some from QA team or something stream, in which cases that could go quicker).

Again, I'm not saying this idea is perfect. My point is there is a way how to get around the "Now do the exact same thing all over again!" part.

7. people can already get involved, it's called the pve ladder
    i can absolutely guarantee you that the finals will have the exact same guild, whether you do ladder qualifications or preliminary tournament qualifications, except that the latter just wastes a lot of peoples time instead for no particular reason at all

8. people can already get involved, it's called the pve ladder
    i can absolutely guarantee you that the finals will have the exact same guild, whether you do ladder qualifications or preliminary tournament qualifications, except that the latter just wastes a lot of peoples time instead for no particular reason at all
    It may actually not have the same guilds since some of the guilds can't be bothered with 5 speedrun raids xd

9. people can already get involved, it's called the pve ladder
    As I said, my suggestion was specifically as a response to "Now do the exact same thing all over again!".
    Also, some guilds might maybe barely be doing naxx runs, while others might do some more, so if they are put on spot to compete in naxx gear in naxx race, it is not neccesary that the guild who is better at icc25hc will beat the guild who has done a few more naxx runs.

First ... 678