1. The state of BG-s and Pvp (and some questions)

The state of pvp on medivh is on a steady improvement, so props for that to everyone.
    BG-s r starting to be an everyday thing (lol), we've had our serverfirst Eots lately.
    But there are some issues that I simply can't get past.

First is vmaps(line of sight) in bg-s... or the lack of it...
    I get it that its a neat optimization to turn this stuff off at some world's end, never to be seen location, but in bg--s, really?
    Imo its the only place where it matters. I couldn't care less if an enraged zebra shoots me through a wall while questing.. or even in 5mans for that matter, but I damn aswell care if a hunter is obliterating an entire team because he's shooting 2k-s (in a currently pve-only gear environment) through entire tree chunks in WSG or whatnot.

The second is even worse, I don't even know how to call it because I've Never experienced this in my entire history playing of wow.
    So let's call it "Overriding Snares".
    So the thing is.... snares are overriding each other. And when I say overriding, I mean if you apply a "slower" snare (which isn't always stronger to a previous snare, because the previous one might has other sideeffects), the previous one simply disappears from the target.

Say, I put a 15 sec Hamstring on a mob (50% snare), then a Mage comes and puts a 1.5 sec (!) 65% Improved Blizzard snare on the same mob, my Hamstring immediately gets removed and the mob will be free to run around like crazy in 1.5 sec. Sounds good? No.

This "overriding" effect is basically making pvp a joke now.... me (Warrior) & some horde (Rogue) jump on a resto Druid, we obviously immediately Hamstring/Crippling Poison, because we don't have communication but still are good players. The Crippling overrides the hamstring, the Druid casts an Abolish Poison on himself.. and now he's running 100%, because he got both snares removed. Oh sorry, my fault, I gotta make a "/y Don't snare my target! /cast Hamstring" macro, I just forgot to copy my old macro from retail tbc! Wait, i never had one..

Imagine a Mage playing arenas high level, trying to stack debuffs on his target to prevent qck dispel, R1 Frostbolts and R1 Cone of Cold "spam". Yea not anymore, mate. Since its either FB or Cone, think ahead next time!

Obviously even Hamstring and Piercing Howl override each other, which are completely different effects, since the latter one is Dazed, while the first is just a Snare. Heroic Strike would do increased damage on Dazed targets, but if you wanna keep your target also properly (and efficiently) snared with Hamstring, just forget about that.

This is literally the only thing (apart from those off vmaps) that ruins the pvp feel, because other class mechanics are amazingly well done.
    So I just don't get why it has to be this way. :/

2. About the LoS issue in BGs:
    Imo they should add the same LoS mechanics like on Wotlk. Doesn't matter that it was possible during TBC to shoot through tree stumps in WSG, it just feels wrong and gives range dps a unfair advantage.

About the overwriting snare effects:
    Sounds like a bug to me. U should report that in the bug tracker.

3. Wow, that is severely disappointing. I wouldn't touch any kind of organized PVP until its fixed.

4. Obviously even Hamstring and Piercing Howl override each other, which are completely different effects, since the latter one is Dazed, while the first is just a Snare. Heroic Strike would do increased damage on Dazed targets, but if you wanna keep your target also properly (and efficiently) snared with Hamstring, just forget about that.
    Piercing Howl does not increase heroic strike damage... I guess even "retail" players didn't know this....

5. About the LoS issue in BGs:
    Imo they should add the same LoS mechanics like on Wotlk. Doesn't matter that it was possible during TBC to shoot through tree stumps in WSG, it just feels wrong and gives range dps a unfair advantage.
    ranged dps is already pretty bad in tbc

i had a bg today where i kited 2 ele shaman and boomkin for 1 minute as holy paladin. they couldnt cast a single bolt or wrath

why make custom changes to make ranged dps even weaker?

6. ranged dps is already pretty bad in tbc

i had a bg today where i kited 2 ele shaman and boomkin for 1 minute as holy paladin. they couldnt cast a single bolt or wrath

why make custom changes to make ranged dps even weaker?
    That's because you can cleanse their slows. If you were a restoration shaman or another class that can't dispel or shift out of slows/roots, you'd be dead! So it has to do with your class, not ranged damage dealers being "weak" >.> And you couldn't kite a hunter for that matter either.

Ontopic: I think this would be a much needed QoL-fix, I don't know why Blizzard didn't wait to fix this until Wotlk... But the game is much better with proper line of sight on obstacles!

7. overwrite of snares/slows is 100% blizzlike - i know this because ive played vanilla + tbc for 10 + years...

If you had spend as much time googlin as u did writing this post you would also know that it has always been like this.
    The only reason you remember it differently is because youve spent alot of time on private servers where mages have been essentially alot more op
    since they can just apply r1 blizz untop of coc (which isn't blizzlike) and kite forever. I am happy that this is blizzlike or mages would've been even more op.

LoS in bgs were like this too, sure it's stupid and would be great if they could just put custom LoS in bgs but i doubt they will do it.

8. LoS in bgs were like this too, sure it's stupid and would be great if they could just put custom LoS in bgs but i doubt they will do it.
    They also implemented custom LoS on wotlk so why not on TBC aswell?
    ranged dps is already pretty bad in tbc
    Range dps always have a advantage when it comes to BGs because the areas are open and don't have many objects to hide. No reason to give rdps even more of a advantage by making it possible to shoot through the few remaining objects.

9. Piercing Howl does not increase heroic strike damage... I guess even "retail" players didn't know this....
    Piercing Howl causes the target to become Dazed. Heroic Strike causes additional damage to Dazed targets. Tooltips.

10. where mages have been essentially alot more op
    since they can just apply r1 blizz untop of coc (which isn't blizzlike) and kite forever. I am happy that this is blizzlike or mages would've been even more op.
    I could even sort of agree with that but that's not how things r gonna work out.
    Tell me some mage comps viable for hi-lvl 2s? RM, PM. That's all, and the latter won't even work below 200 res. It won't work at all if they can't kite.
    I don't see how that makes them (and only them) op, since it gimps all other classes, maybe even more.
    This thing will work out the oppsite way...

Rdruids, Rshams even Priests will be harder to kite, or basically any1, especially in 3s.
    BG-s will be a ****fest because all you'll see is your precious snare (and other sideffect debuff) disappearing because of some random putting on a 3 sec, but "slower" snare.
    This effect is basically a -25% skillcap reduction to the game.

It is nearly the same as "only % hp display".
    Noone wants it. Noone likes it. Even blizz "fixed it" later bcuz its qol. But we still got it cuz we suck.

11. It is nearly the same as "only % hp display".
    Noone wants it. Noone likes it. Even blizz "fixed it" later bcuz its qol. But we still got it cuz we suck.
    You still got it because you're playing on a Burning Crusade server. If you don't want it, if you don't like it, if you want what Blizzard "fixed" later, you don't want Burning Crusade, which is what we aim to provide.

12. Piercing Howl causes the target to become Dazed. Heroic Strike causes additional damage to Dazed targets. Tooltips.
    its not the same kind of dazed bud. #tooltipsaremissleading
    Edited: August 18, 2017