1. Roll Hacks? Real or a Myth?

Hi there friends,

We've recently had a guildie that has been winning some sweet loot and we love seeing his DPS JUMP!

Although, we joked about a roll hack at first, seeing a double 93 roll on 2 pieces off Prince, we did of course give him the benefit of the doubt. However, this trend seemed to hold true for 3 weeks in a row of loot. It's strange to think that someone can win 8 rolls in a row, many times with a 80 or higher roll.

Note to mention, this is not me complaining - I don't roll against the guy, but let's be honest, having any form of roll hacks on the server creates a negative environment. I don't see this as a me-problem as much as it can be a Warmane-problem that we try to solve together. What is the point of raiding if you are guaranteed to lose every roll to a roll hack?

Is there truly a way to get roll hacks on this private server? How can you know for sure whether or not it's just a lucky dude or there really is some hidden third party program in the background?

P.S. - My dog Cotton is SUCH a good *** girl. She's my whole world.
    Edited: August 18, 2017

2. To be able to rollhack you need to edit the packing files, intercepting it and resend it. it would be seen and it would be an instant ban.
    People who did this in retail, got a nice juicy lawsuit for messing with WoW's server and their property

3. A roll hack would require you to control the output of the server. There is no such thing as a roll hack, and there has never been such a thing to my knowledge.

4. A roll hack would require you to control the output of the server. There is no such thing as a roll hack, and there has never been such a thing to my knowledge.
    Yes its possible its called packet editing. When you packet editing you are not doing it on your client you are messing with the server.

" Essentially what's happening is, every time you perform an action, activate a skill, interact with an NPC, use any item in your inventory, your game client sends a packet to the server, saying exactly what you did, and as long as the server agrees everything's okay, your character performs that action."

5. Yes its possible its called packet editing. When you packet editing you are not doing it on your client you are messing with the server.

" Essentially what's happening is, every time you perform an action, activate a skill, interact with an NPC, use any item in your inventory, your game client sends a packet to the server, saying exactly what you did, and as long as the server agrees everything's okay, your character performs that action."
    No its not possible, do you have any actual information whether someone at some point in WoWs history managed to hack it somehow?

As server sends you your roll back, you could change it to something different, but server will also send your roll result to every other person in group and you have no way to intercept those, and you cant change actual roll mechanism on server. So its useless.

6. No its not possible, do you have any actual information whether someone at some point in WoWs history managed to hack it somehow?

As server sends you your roll back, you could change it to something different, but server will also send your roll result to every other person in group and you have no way to intercept those, and you cant change actual roll mechanism on server. So its useless.
    HAHAHA you have no idea about programming at all do you ? when you edit a package you take info sent from you and change it, making server think this is what happened, so a roll on 10, you change to 100. And the server thinks you rolled 100.

This is how all packaging editing works

7. HAHAHA you have no idea about programming at all do you ? when you edit a package you take info sent from you and change it, making server think this is what happened, so a roll on 10, you change to 100. And the server thinks you rolled 100.

This is how all packaging editing works
    Well, neither do you (actually, 12512564 does)... For what you're saying to be true, the roll would have to be made on the client side, with the client rolling and sending the result to the server, so you could fake the result with an injected package. Any online game with a hint of savvy in it will have the roll be made on the server, and the result be broadcast to everyone involved, so the only information the client sends at most is the request for a server-side roll to be made.

8. Well, neither do you (actually, 12512564 does)... For what you're saying to be true, the roll would have to be made on the client side, with the client rolling and sending the result to the server, so you could fake the result with an injected package. Any online game with a hint of savvy in it will have the roll be made on the server, and the result be broadcast to everyone involved, so the only information the client sends at most is the request for a server-side roll to be made.
    I see that's intressing. I know that lineage did not have this kind of security, so with otherwords, you can "hack" a lot of things but never a roll ? Because the roll is never made from clientinfo ?

Ok with some research I found this; so I'm sorry about being wrong in the statement it was possible on WoW. it just happens to fast for it to ever being edited.

So in otherwords. Rollhack debunked.

The technical relevance is that every time a roll occurs the random number seed is updated. This seed is then used to generate the next number and seed. Due to the seed pointing to a location in the server's memory, which will be in constant flux as people move around, loot things, destroy things, attack things, log in/out, etc, even if you did know what the seed was and the contents of the server's memory, by the time the roll actually happened it would all be different again.
    Edited: August 18, 2017

9. People like to say they don't exist...but I once met a guy who claimed to have one and proved it by rolling 100 over 50 times in a row, and always rolled 100 on every item he rolled for in every pug he did.