1. Unable to get WOW running on macOS Seirra 10.12.6 (Detailed Explanation)

Hello, and thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

I play on warmane quite a bit on my Win 10 PC, and as I am often on the go with my 2011 MacBook Air, I decided to download it there as well.

I started off by downloading the "Wrath of the Lich King" client for "Mac OS X". I used uTorrent to do this. After all the files had been downloaded, I opened the folder and double clicked on both the World of Warcraft application and the World of Warcraft launcher. Both resulted in a message informing me that the file could not be opened. I moved them in to applications folder. Once again, they could not be opened. I then searched the forums for help on this issue. A few threads offered a solution in which you opened terminal and changed a non-executable file to an executable one. this did not work, despite me following the steps exactly, (correct number/placement of spaces, etc)

Then I attempted a different solution. I deleted all of the Mac files, as well as uTorrent, and downloaded Transmission (a different torrenting application), then the Windows files from Warmane's website. I found an link to a .app file on media fire. The idea was to run the windows client on Mac by putting the .app file alongside the World of Warcraft.exe file. However, after downloading the .app file, it's icon was a traffic cone and it could not be opened, nor could any files in the windows download.

Perhaps I downloaded an outdated .app file, and perhaps I made a mistake in a process somewhere. If any clarification on an action of mine would be helpful in assisting me in finding a solution, let me know, and ill clarify. once again, thanks for any help tat anyone can offer me.

Edit: Link to the .app download I used http://www.mediafire.com/file/y43cqj.../App+Files.zip
    Edited: August 19, 2017