1. Is ret/disc viable for higher without shadowmourne?

I see that almost everybody has the shm at higher rates. I main a ret but i started to be a little upset. I can feel that sometimes comp wins(Tbh ret/disc isnt a rlly Tier 1 comp) and if not then shadowmourne comp wins its just to OP. What do you suggest guys, try to grind and climb with 6,1k gs or just switch to something else which is viable with a disc?

Every + answer appreciated!

2. I can feel that sometimes comp wins
    You're on to something, my friend. :D

Ret in general isn't good at high rates. It can't stick to its target, it doesn't have heal reduction, it doesn't have an interrupt. The only way a Ret can win is if they can burst their target down within a HoJ which will not get dispelled or trinketed, and at 1.3k resi and +2.2k rating that is not going to happen.

Everything Rets do, UDKs and AWarrs can do better.

3. I see that almost everybody has the shm at higher rates. I main a ret but i started to be a little upset. I can feel that sometimes comp wins(Tbh ret/disc isnt a rlly Tier 1 comp) and if not then shadowmourne comp wins its just to OP. What do you suggest guys, try to grind and climb with 6,1k gs or just switch to something else which is viable with a disc?

Every + answer appreciated!
    Without Shadowmourne you arent competetive as ret, if you dont have plans of getting in, "no point" of trying to get "decent" rating, as you're going to get frustrated that you cannot kill people.

4. You're on to something, my friend. :D

Ret in general isn't good at high rates. It can't stick to its target, it doesn't have heal reduction, it doesn't have an interrupt. The only way a Ret can win is if they can burst their target down within a HoJ which will not get dispelled or trinketed, and at 1.3k resi and +2.2k rating that is not going to happen.

Well, MM hunter + ret is actually one of the best 2s comp.
    I saw that comp often on rank one on Blackrock and Icecrown.

5. The comp can work, but you'll find it really challenging to land a kill on dps + healer comps due to the already mentioned absence of healing reduction on a ret paladin. I'd switch to ret + hunt or ret + frost mage.

6. Shadowmourne isn't really optional if you want high rating as melee. It's simply stats.

7. You'll have better chance with a hunter, rogue or frost mage.

With disc you can go high of course, but in ALL these comps, Shadowmourne isn't a gamebreaker.

8. Pretty much what Icyheart said,unless ur geared to teeth,,it wont really go well as any other comp will either train you/disc to oblivion without you being able to parry on damage/gear side.
    Ret/hunter is pretty much best comp for ret in 2s.

9. I'm not good at arena by any means but I found it to be so true what was posted earlier. Both my ret and dk are bis and the dk outdoes the ret in everything except for burst damage. My dk is some busted spec that doesn't make any sense and I won a lot more on it then I did with the ret.

10. You need solid CC, good pressure or both to play with a healer, ret has neither. You'll have much greater success as double DPS and your matches will only last 30 secs to boot.

11. The comp can work, but you'll find it really challenging to land a kill on dps + healer comps due to the already mentioned absence of healing reduction on a ret paladin. I'd switch to ret + hunt or ret + frost mage.
    i dont understand this logic one bit, that's like saying 'well warrior disc can work but due to the lack of heal reduction from disc...'

12. You're on to something, my friend. :D

Wow pvp is all about setup.