1. TBC starting 5man team - Warlock + Shaman

Ok so as the name suggests im looking to start a new 5man group and want some input, I want a full caster group as i cba with melee so my thoughts came down to survivability and enjoyment...

My current choices are between 4 Warlocks + RestoShaman - 3 warlocks + 2 elemental? Shamans - 2 Warlocks + 2 elemental + 1 Resto shaman... Any thoughts/experiences that may assist my decision?

Thanks!

2. A team for what purpose? PvP or PvE?
    I don't know if its a good idea to mix up ele shamis with locks unless ur plan is to make destro locks. As ele shami u want to burst a single target quickly down while as lock u spread dots and kill multiple targets over time.
    Since both playstyles don't have a good synergy I think its better to make either a complete dot team or a burst team but don't mix both togehter.

If u want to play locks I think u should add a Spriest for the +10% shadow dmg.
    3locks , 1Spriest and 1healer sounds like a good setup to me.
    Other options would be 4 locks + healer or 4 Spriests + healer.

As healer I would choose Rdudu or Rshami.
    Rdudu fulfills the idea of a dot and run setup the most since he can cast healing spells while moving and also has two dots himself.
    Rshami has tremor totem against fear and BL (not sure if BL affects dots in TBC). Downside is that Resto shami can't heal while moving which might be tricky in PvP.
    Edited: August 20, 2017

3. Ok ty. my main interest was PvE instances etc. i guess ill rethink my plan =) thanks for the input

4. I run a Prot Warrior, Afflock, Spriest, Mage, RDruid.

I do well in instances, but it takes a lot of setup to make it pass some bosses. There are some bosses I can't get pass because lack of burst.

This is a good team for me, however I wish I had HPally or Prot pally instead of warrior/druid. This team gives me the the following buffs

Fortitude
    Shadow Protection
    Divine Spirit
    Heart of the Wild
    Thorns
    Arcane Brilliance
    Amp Magic/Dampen Magic
    Commanding Shout

CC:
    Fear
    Howl of Terror
    Banish
    Enslave Demon
    Spell Lock
    Mind Control
    Psychic Scream
    Silence
    Polymorph
    Entangling Roots
    Sleep Beast
    Intimidating Shout

I'm sure I'm missing something, but some mob packs are brutal and probably 20% of the time a character will be standing around doing nothing because a keybind that's set has an ability on CD. Example: My keybind for Siphon Life is "3" and the Priest "3" keybind is Mind Blast so I refesh SL too soon meaning wasted Global CD for the lock and loss of dps time.