1. VTLT, your view on server economy is quite wrong, I can say. I'm saying this as a WoW veteran, a Molten veteran, and an economist.

68-70 BoEs costed 400-500g at first and people were buying them because that was the best available gear and because it was damn rare. As the content progresses, prices are only going to keep going DOWN because things will become easier to farm or just straight out irrelevant. Flashback to Ragnaros a few years back where a Primal Saronite was first selling for 30k, then dropped to a stable 18k, then after everyone had cleared ICC it dropped to its current 2-4k. Boss BoEs costed 100k while trash BoEs costed several thousand. Last time I leveled a warrior tank on Icecrown I bought the Harbinger ring and the tank gun for a combined 500g.

It's all about supply and demand. The prices of ores are so ungodly high because node respawn rates are low, thus supply is lower than demand. Really simple.

People on private servers do not increase prices due to inflation because the higher supply that comes with expansion progression keeps the prices low. The competition keeps undercutting all the time and the richer you are the less you care about how much you're undercutting, especially if you have easy access to the goods you're selling.
    Edited: August 23, 2017

2. Taralej I think you're missing what's going on here. Blade of Wizardry not so long ago was selling for upwards of 10,000-20,000 gold and it was very rare, all of a sudden the AH is flooded with them and the price is dropping on a daily basis with many of them posted around 1000g, with other epics also showing up on the AH with prices decreasing daily. Class spell tomes are actually on AH for less than vendor price (pretty dumb but it's happening), rare enchanting recipes are selling for near vendor price, many darkmoon cards selling for effectively nothing.

The economy is getting slammed because the drop rate on what are meant to be rare items is too high. I haven't personally had an epic item drop, but I know people who have and I see the huge shift in the AH.. Of course it's about supply and demand, the supply is completely screwed with many things being worthless as a result.

3. Taralej I think you're missing what's going on here. Blade of Wizardry not so long ago was selling for upwards of 10,000-20,000 gold and it was very rare, all of a sudden the AH is flooded with them and the price is dropping on a daily basis with many of them posted around 1000g, with other epics also showing up on the AH with prices decreasing daily. Class spell tomes are actually on AH for less than vendor price (pretty dumb but it's happening), rare enchanting recipes are selling for near vendor price, many darkmoon cards selling for effectively nothing.

The economy is getting slammed because the drop rate on what are meant to be rare items is too high. I haven't personally had an epic item drop, but I know people who have and I see the huge shift in the AH.. Of course it's about supply and demand, the supply is completely screwed with many things being worthless as a result.
    Blade of Wizardry isn't BIS anymore. So people stop buying them. That drives the prices down and the supply continues to increase. This is how Supply & Demand works.

4. Blade of Wizardry isn't BIS anymore. So people stop buying them. That drives the prices down and the supply continues to increase. This is how Supply & Demand works.
    I've never seen a player with blade of wizardry during t4 and most of t5

5. Bigger problem are fkn botters flooding AH with mining/herb/skinning mats. Legit farmers have no chance. Make no mistake, Warmane is doing good job banning a lot of them but in my experience so far it just takes too much time for GM to check ticket. I've reported 10 botters at least 2 days ago, constantly updating my ticket with new names. 2 days passed still no answer.

6. You guys might be complaining, but medivh, the 1x server, has the same rates as you guys. Nothing is worth anything, BoE recipes and blues are only worth their vendor price

7. Blade of Wizardry isn't BIS anymore. So people stop buying them. That drives the prices down and the supply continues to increase. This is how Supply & Demand works.
    Thanks for repeating how supply and demand works as per my post, but no the price has gone down because the supply has increased tenfold, I'd never even seen it until recently it was so rare and now they are piling up like unwanted fast food orders at Mcdonalds. It's just like all the other rare stuff that is now worth vendor price because of the same issue.
    Edited: August 24, 2017

8. why would you purchase a blade of wizardry when a mindblade's just 1,200g away in any case

9. why would you purchase a blade of wizardry when a mindblade's just 1,200g away in any case
    Because it has a 15% chance to proc a massive haste buff, with no internal cooldown. If you had this class/situation depending and mana issues aside you'd not replace until Leo sword. That's presumably why they sold for such extortionately high prices even while Mindblade was available.

10. .. and they cannot use swords.
    rip

11. .. and they cannot use swords.
    rip
    Who cannot use swords? I assure you mages and warlocks can use swords, why would you even bring classes that can't use the weapon into the discussion? Come on. And why the fixation on this weapon actually, the issue is the economy, copy paste this to any other rare item and see the same issue.

This aint about Blade of Wizardry, BOW is just an example to point out an issue that is plaguing all rare items on the AH.
    Edited: August 24, 2017

12. yes, the point is the classes/specs that would be able to proc it (read: ele) cannot use swords.

13. yes, the point is the classes/specs that would be able to proc it (read: ele) cannot use swords.
    But this point you're trying to make has no relevance at all to what is being said, it's literally a pointless observation. It's like me pointing out some fantastic axe and you coming back and saying "well rogues can't use axes". Could you try any harder to pointlessly steer the discussion in a completely random irrelevant direction?

14. my point obviously is that the classes that indeed would be able to use it aren't able to profit sufficiently from the haste proc

15. my point obviously is that the classes that indeed would be able to use it aren't able to profit sufficiently from the haste proc
    Well that's clearly not the case, and a fairly irrelevant point. "XXX weapon is expensive because rare and highly desired" was the case before, and your logic is that the price dropped not because the AH is swimming with them, but because Elemental shamans can't use them and by your thinking Mages/Locks can't make use of the proc? I mean where is this line of thought coming from?

The weapon was extremely desired, to the point where one actually sold for 21000 gold... Poor ****er who paid those prices when they are now dropping like candy out of a bucket. You've really derailed this thread with your nonsense though, It bewilders me that you brought Ele shamans into the discussion.

It's about the economy, rare items dropping too much making them worthless.. Incase you forgot.

First 123 Last