1. Would like advice on playing Holy Paladin

Currently I have a lvl 61 Human Paladin with this talent spec (http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000). I've been debating whether to invest points into Protection or Retribution.

Also, should I be walking up to place Judgements on enemies ever or should I just be keeping my space? I did a ramps run yesterday and I just stayed at max range, keeping my tank (he was a Protection Paladin) and our dpses topped off with Flash of Light. If a situation arose where mobs were hitting him really hard, I'd use both max rank Holy Light and a downranked Holy Light that healed for half. I kept Devotion Aura active the whole time but looking back at it I wonder what Aura I should be using. We cleared the dungeon with no issue, but I still wonder if I should be interacting with the mobs at all.

2. Retribution talents doesn't really have anything that would benefit a holydin aside from Pursuit of Justice, which isn't really necessary.
    http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...00000000000000

As for your range, you want to make sure that relevant people are benefitting from your auras. Whether a Judgment is useful relies on 2 things. 1) Does anyone in your group need Judgment of Light or Wisdom? 2) Do you have a Ret in the group to refresh your Judgment. If the answer to 1 is yes, you should occasionally Judgment the primary target when you can afford to expend the mana, and so long as you don't leave a necessary position (usually only applicable in raids). If the answer to both is yes, then you should only need to apply your Judgment once so long as the primary target lives.

If you don't need to worry about healing and there aren't any mechanics or spells going off that would make you worry about proximity, then by all means, go up and melee the mobs or boss. Even when you are healing, but you don't have to worry about AoEs or aggro, you can auto-attack stuff with Seal of Wisdom to help your mana efficiency. Usually, if it is safe to interact with a mob or boss and your mana and required healing output allows it, then you should go for it.

Your healing spell usage, specifically pertaining to Holy Light and Flash of Light, seems to be fine. Just remember to take advantage of Holy Shock.

3. Actually im pretty sure there are 8 points worth taking in the retribution tree. Improved Seal of Might and Improved Seal of the Crusader.

But its a toss upp to the build Mercy linked, do you want Imp. Conc aura or Imp som and soc.