1. Am I doing OK?

Last week I was questing heavy got advice to do Dungeons, and a Trade. Last thurs I had 15g, now after my I auctions clear tonight, Ill hit my first 1k, lvl57 and all I do is buy/sell at the AH, run dungeons and min copper/silver.

I only started last week so I have no clue if Im doing good or not and no friends that play. Ive read guides that said they make 2-5k gold a day, I know I cant get there yet, just wondering if Im on the right track?

2. Don't care about gold, its not even important in the game. It's all about gear. But if you really want gold to buy overpriced gear you are on the right track tbh.

3. You pretty much are, but when you reach 80 if you keep farming ores like that you'll never be in a gold crisis.
    Get back to leveling, make some side gold if you can, you're gonna need bout 8k in total for lvl80 and maybe fast cold weather flying. (Counting total of spells, mounts and riding skills) But you got time to make that gold, if you keep the steady rise and collecting you're safe.