1. Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle > Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix

PLEASE! P L E A S E! All you BM Hunters out there donating to get a weapon from the store.

Take Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=28581 and NOT Sunfury Bow of the Phoenix http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=28772

BM is all about weaponspeed and not so much dps and stats like it's usual with other classes/specs. Around 2.6 - 2.7 is optimal.

That's why Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle is the third best BM weapon untill Sunwell (only beaten by Barrel-Blade Longrifle followed by Bristleblitz Striker).
    Edited: August 22, 2017

2. Can you prove this. Like with screenshotted Meters? Bow has more DPS, Attack range, Agility, and attack power. Seems illogical that less than half a second of speed is stronger than all of that. I've heard that the bow is better.
    Edited: November 6, 2017

3. Can you prove this. Like with screenshotted Meters? Bow has more DPS, Attack range, Agility, and attack power. Seems illogical that less than half a second of speed is stronger than all of that. I've heard that the bow is better.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...apon-upgrades/

4. interesting. It kind of makes sense as you have less downtime between shots. This effect is especially amplified because hunters are somewhat bugged and you're forced to use a 1:1 rotation instead of a 3:2 rotation. I'll replace my Vashj bow with a Don santos hunting rifle next Hyjal and see if the DPS is higher or lower.
    Though, I have a feeling you will cuck yourself if you're not aware of your attack speed increases. DST + haste pot+ Rapid/Bloodlust will probably end up with you having a way too quick attack speed and you'll loose DPS in that window compared to a slower bow.

Edit:
    I just did some testinge between Don santos hunting rifle (Rank 3, your source) and the Lady Vashj bow (rank 9, your source). I organized the information from my rudimentary test (see picture). https://imgur.com/a/6Ok3i
    Edited: November 22, 2017

5. So you have a pretty consistent higher rate of fire with the slower weapon in your tests, on both autos and steadys. Do you have any idea why you get that? Haste procs from Imp aspect and DST definitely influence the rate of fire, but over 2x4min it surely shouldn't be that skewed, that consistent, and not in that direction.

I bought two green guns, one with 2.7 atk speed and one with 3.0. The 3.0 one had better stats and dps, and I managed to get them both to perform within 10 dps of each other during my tests, beating each other every other try. Interestingly, in my tests, over 4 minutes I had about 235 total shots (1:1) with my 3.0 weapon (you had about 242, I don't have DST though), but 270 shots with my 2.7 weapon, compared to your 230.

I did some quick calculations based on your dmg numbers, applied it on my rate of fire ratios, adjusted your miss chance and actually got slightly higher dps with the 2.7 gun. Could you try and redo these tests (with proper weapon skill) and see if you can get a more reasonable rate of fire? Preferably completely without haste procs, just to eliminate some rng. I'm genuinely curious about this, sadly I only have decent 2.7 speed weapons at the moment so I can't make any real tests myself.

However, as you said, stacking haste effects will completely butcher your 1:1 rotation, and a slower weapon might come out ahead in a real fight, especially shorter fights.

6. Hitting dummy for only few times wont give you a proper data. Have no clue why did you get better amount of shots on slow weap, this is wrong.
    Faster weapons will always win on long and static fights. Aswell as slow weaps become better on short and dynamic fights.
    The reason 3:2 doesnt work properly is that kill command refresh auto shot hidden cast which allows you to do extra steady shot (sometimes even 2), sometimes you simly do 3:1, or even 4:1. Same goes with other shots, for example: auto-shot have prio over multi-shot cast (multi should delay auto, if it was casted before auto).
    Using castsequence macro you will see just a small delays after kc since your auto and steady are queued, while using 3:2 macro you will have issues with a whole rotation. (note: w\o kill command 3:2 works perfectly).

Concluding all of this: faster weapons are easier choice now: you dont need to focus on rotation, just nobrain pressing 1:1 macro with a pretty good results. However slower weapons are very competitive if you are able to manage rotations, mana and bursts during the fight.

7. interesting. It kind of makes sense as you have less downtime between shots. This effect is especially amplified because hunters are somewhat bugged and you're forced to use a 1:1 rotation instead of a 3:2 rotation. I'll replace my Vashj bow with a Don santos hunting rifle next Hyjal and see if the DPS is higher or lower.
    Though, I have a feeling you will cuck yourself if you're not aware of your attack speed increases. DST + haste pot+ Rapid/Bloodlust will probably end up with you having a way too quick attack speed and you'll loose DPS in that window compared to a slower bow.

Edit:
    I just did some testinge between Don santos hunting rifle (Rank 3, your source) and the Lady Vashj bow (rank 9, your source). I organized the information from my rudimentary test (see picture). https://imgur.com/a/6Ok3i
    You seriously ran a "test" where you didn't even try to get skill capped with guns first? Obviously you will do more with bow if you are missing...