1. Questions about the state of Lordaeron

Hi

I have never played on Warmane. I did play quite a lot on Molten Wow on Neltharion which was WOTLK at the time (I think that was the WOTLK realm I played on, not sure). My account was wiped for 1 year of inactivity. Noticed this when trying to play again on Molten Wow. Which leads to my first question.

Can my account be deleted for inactivity? If so, is there anyway to back it up? And the other questions ahead.

How is the end-game? I heard something about some unscripted bosses which were buffed by 250% 1 shotting even the tanks.

How is the PVP? Queue times and overall Alliance Horde balance.

How is the leveling? As in, how common are quests that are broken or heavily bugged?

Do I need to have completed a raid before doing it for the first time? "What are you on about you n00b???" I recall people requesting achievements for normal raids as proof that you have beaten the bosses. It was pretty difficult to finally find a group that only cared about GS and not the achievements.

How common are the disconnects?

I noticed that the population of Lordaeron is quite small compared to Icecrown. I think that Lordaeron was almost always full during Molten Wow. Did something bad happen to it in the meantime?

I am thinking about playing a holy pala. Are palas still allowed to loot holy priest cloth armor, resto druid leather armor and resto shaman mail armor?

Does the Dungeon Finder work?

How p2w is it? I heard that you can't get the absolute best gear for real money but you can get ilevel 200 items which are still pretty damn good. But they cost a ridiculous ammount of money and there are very few people who buy them.

Will I hit a brick wall in terms of progression in the end game if I donate very little or don't donate at all? No, I did not hit such a brick wall on Molten Wow.

Thank you in advance for your answers. Note that all my current knowledge about Warmane and Lordaeron is based on the now dead Molten Wow and some reviews.

2. Molten Wow's database got stolen so you have to make a new acc. Also some wotlk realms (dont remember their names, didnt play them) merged into Icecrown. Warmane doesnt delete accounts, but they do delete some inactive characters like once a year to free the reserved names (you get like 2 months warning before that happens). There is an option to backup your acc but i dont know if it works really. Lordaeron is a hardcore realm, which means that bosses have more hp / dmg / quicker enrage timer. PvP wise, alliance is stronger (human racial and more healers). I play horde and que pops up like every 2-5-10 mins depending on the time u play (rip NA). Admins have confirmed earlier today that PvP titles are coming asap so it might boost PvP a bit. About leveling, it's x1 exp rate realm, heirlooms arent ingame, dungeon finder is intentionally disabled. Quests are very well scripted and almost every quest works (got my Loremaster as soon as i hit 80 :D). About pug raids, yes they ask for the achievement and gs but this realm isn't really pug friendly since the PvE is harder. Disconnects are almost non-existent. About the population, it's in a decrease yes, but you cant really compare it with a p2w x7 ez mode Icecrown. New TBC realms contributed to that aswell. You can roll on whatever you need as long as the raid leader allows it. It is not p2w in any way, you can even get a Shadowmourne ingame. The only things that's worth spending coins on are unobtainable mounts and pets. I never donated and i'm here since 2011.
    Edited: August 22, 2017

3. PvP on Lordaeron is mostly under Alliance.

Leveling is quite enjoyable until TBC/Wotlk. RDF still disabled but there's no need for it. On 80 you will find PoT/HoR/FoS or ToC trinket farm party in no time. While leveling in TBC/Wotlk it's hard to find group for dungeons, most of the time you will wait 30-60+ minutes until party is full, + 20-30 until you get summoned.

Quest mostly working but you still can find bugs or deleted quests. There were some major bugs with vanilla content such as:

- bugged Zul'Farrak(you can't complete it becasue stairs boss was bugged and it was fixed only in 4-5 months later), Shadow Fang Keep( door was bugged), Scarlet Monastery(quests were bugged)

- wrong loottable or no loot at all

In end game all you need is to get enough GS and joing guild.
    Edited: August 22, 2017

4. Molten Wow's database got stolen so you have to make a new acc. Also some wotlk realms (dont remember their names, didnt play them) merged into Icecrown. Warmane doesnt delete accounts, but they do delete some inactive characters like once a year to free the reserved names (you get like 2 months warning before that happens). There is an option to backup your acc but i dont know if it works really. Lordaeron is a hardcore realm, which means that bosses have more hp / dmg / quicker enrage timer. PvP wise, alliance is stronger (human racial and more healers). I play horde and que pops up like every 2-5-10 mins depending on the time u play (rip NA). Admins have confirmed earlier today that PvP titles are coming asap so it might boost PvP a bit. About leveling, it's x1 exp rate realm, heirlooms arent ingame, dungeon finder is intentionally disabled. Quests are very well scripted and almost every quest works (got my Loremaster as soon as i hit 80 :D). About pug raids, yes they ask for the achievement and gs but this realm isn't really pug friendly since the PvE is harder. Disconnects are almost non-existent. About the population, it's in a decrease yes, but you cant really compare it with a p2w x7 ez mode Icecrown. New TBC realms contributed to that aswell. You can roll on whatever you need as long as the raid leader allows it. It is not p2w in any way, you can even get a Shadowmourne ingame. The only things that's worth spending coins on are unobtainable mounts and pets. I never donated and i'm here since 2011.
    Thank you for the info.

Bosses have more hp, damage and enrage quicker compared to retail? Not sure I want to jump in here after such a long break from Wow.

And I was expecting a dungeon finder just for the dungeons, not the actual raids. Is it generally difficult to get a dungeon going?

Is Icecrown easier in terms of end game compared to Lordaeron? Maybe I should stick to that realm. But the queue times must be insane.

5. Yes, compared to Retail and ofc Icecrown. It is hard to form a low level dungeon group simply because there is no Satchel of Helpful Goods and bonus experience which makes all that effort not worth at all. Just spam quests until you burn out, don't forget to logout in the inns for rested xp. Or you can find a lvl 80 to boost you thru the dungeons of your level.

6. Baxuz left out a few points from the account questions:

1. Donor accounts are excluded from inactivity clean-up
    2. After the incident (aka. Molt-down), they gave everyone a limited time (Couple of months?) to recreate their chars and coins with time limit on then (60 or 90 days after the day you restore your account (= to the amount you have spent and gifted since as long as their spend log can go), plus free max lvl, max lvl prof (max prof still costed coins. After that would have been too late :C

7. So.. RDF will never be enabled?
    I started doing a char here, but after this new I guess i will just stop, its just boring gathering a group for small instances.

8. Try to get used to life w/o RDF. Yes it takes longer to level, but the challenge is there and the overall gaming process is MUCH better. Unless, ofc, you really hurry to 80. Though, in latter case, you can just purchase a naked lvl 80 or near 80 for a few coins.

9. Lordaeron didn't exist during Molten days. It saw massive launch attention because it used a new vastly improved core with vastly improved scripting and less bugs. But due to it being a "hardcore" server everything was bumped up, I'm fairly sure levelling took longer than retail WOTLK did due to XP rates and the dungeons at max level had additional mechanics, the raids had massively increased health pools. Most of the levelling population quit before reaching max level, and many more quit after Naxx was proving too time consuming.

These hardcore changes made it very different to WOTLK and from my eyes in a bad way, then when Icecrown got the Lordaeron core upgrades a lot of people just shifted back to that server, much less time investment needed to get into the real action. So the once super popular Lordaeron lost most of its playerbase. I guess now you could say it holds a fairly stable hardcore crowd, but it turns out most people don't want to relive all of the tedium involved.

Biggest difference though is that Icecrown is pay to catch up, since the default is everyone having near BIS gear then you're not paying to win, you're paying to not get stomped.. While Lordaeron doesn't have an item shop, meaning you have to progress the proper way... That probably means finding a guild or making your own group.

10. wat lord certainly did exist during molten (being not-as-different as it is now, just a vanilla 1x realm where you couldn't donate for shadowmourne at first), get your facts straight ok

11. wat lord certainly did exist during molten (being not-as-different as it is now, just a vanilla 1x realm where you couldn't donate for shadowmourne at first), get your facts straight ok
    Lordaeron was a completely fresh server, running a new core with hardcore content and no shop, it's different in everything other than name... Seems like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing here.
    Edited: August 25, 2017

12. Try to get used to life w/o RDF. Yes it takes longer to level, but the challenge is there and the overall gaming process is MUCH better. Unless, ofc, you really hurry to 80. Though, in latter case, you can just purchase a naked lvl 80 or near 80 for a few coins.
    thats what me and my friend did,we got lv 80 chras.then we buy some gold for few coins and 2 days later already 4.5k gs and now we going to farm pos and get 5k+.not having RDF is not that bad actually,you just neeed to spam global for few mins.
    so far i enjoy the server find it infinity better then icecrown.icecrown is just lame everyone are bis or almost bis geared its just not enjoyable to play there.

P.S. I wish they open fresh cata/WOTLK server and start progression from 3.0 or 4.0 that will be some kind of fresh air for warmane.but that wont happen any time soon i guess since they have the new outland going on atm.
    Edited: August 25, 2017

13. Lordaeron was a completely fresh server, running a new core with hardcore content and no shop, it's different in everything other than name... Seems like you're arguing just for the sake of arguing here.
    if you want to do it that way then: lord had a new core because lord was the betatest for it before it got applied to IC

besides, there's a reason the realm's named Lordaeron, why'd they do that other than as a continuation of some sorts?

14. besides, there's a reason the realm's named Lordaeron, why'd they do that other than as a continuation of some sorts?
    You are right in this one. I've only played in the current Lordaeron for 2 days and already met a handful of people who played in the old version. It's more about the community.

15. Try to get used to life w/o RDF. Yes it takes longer to level, but the challenge is there and the overall gaming process is MUCH better. Unless, ofc, you really hurry to 80. Though, in latter case, you can just purchase a naked lvl 80 or near 80 for a few coins.
    I mean, I can get used to that, there was a time when RDF didn't exist and I could live with it. But this doesn't make this realm more "hardcore" just more boring, but that's just my opinion.

You could have RDF without any rewards, it would make things funnier. Anyway, im leveling up here just because there isn't any donators with best gear ever.

12 Last