1. rogue permastun

hello,

i would like to know how do you do vs rogue class??

i mean permastun is so annoying and then cloak of shadow...

i don't remember how it was in tbc but you have to trinket against permastun otherwise they bring you from 100 to 0 whereas at cataclysm i could even, as fire mage, wait the end of permastun without trinket. i don't want to waste my trinket on permastun, so the only solution is to take that 5% resist stun meta gem and hope for a resist. After that, you have to manage the cos, how do you do ? i use netweave from tailoring but it put me on nerves so much...i could take a metagem that increases my spell dmg or crit instead...really annoying. Btw, when cos is up i saw rogues on this server brag so much, strafing at u and when cos is on cd, vanish & run.

war is nearly the same, and i don't want to talk about warstomp...
    Edited: August 23, 2017

2. Spec SL/SL with void and dont forget to say GD after duel.

3. You won't beat decent Rogues if you don't have excellent pvp gear (and the best Rogues you won't beat at all if they use their cooldowns). As a Warlock you need to survive long enough to use your dots and then for your dots to kill him.
    Spec SL/SL or Felguard (Destro can work too vs bad Rogues but good Rogues will rape you). Felguard is nice in that you can position it a bit further away and have it intercept the Rogue when Cheap Shot (or Garrote) is 1-2 sec from running out. The intercept stun will last long enough for you to cast Fear + 1 instant DoT, that can really change the fight, and most Rogues won't expect this.
    As SL/SL you need to have the Voidwalker out. Your choice: trinket Kidney Shot or save it for Blind. Depends on how good the Rogue you are fighting is, and on your gear. If your gear sucks you will need to trinket KS because you won't survive. If you have excellent gear you could use it on Blind instead, judgement call. How Rogues can use Blind effectively in duels vs Warlocks: after Kidney Shot Blind you and pop Sprint to kite your pet, he leaves combat and gets a restealth, sap and a new Cheap Shot + Kidney Shot combo. Trinketing Blind screws over this strategy.
    Rogues really are the counterclass to Warlocks in TBC. You'll need lots of practice to beat them, and really nice gear, and even then you just won't beat the best Rogues out there. Rogues have so many ways to screw you over it's not even real, they could open on you for example but what will you do if he Saps you and goes on your pet? This won't work vs Felguard (too tanky) but Voidy can actually get killed in 20 seconds (Sap + Blind).

4. [Free Action Potion]

hi.

5. [Free Action Potion]

hi.
    Good thing those can be used in arena!

6. @poepinjehoofd

really nice insights there.

I still can't believe the imbalance mechanics between classes. Most common rogues on this server do KS-->cos against me(ofc with lot of strafing show off u know), they get a 4 seconds KS when you are stunned + 5 seconds cloak of shadows = 9 sec free dps.............it is not shocking ???? well, it was TBC mechanics. others could complain we are freely dps them when they are feared, free doting etc..But i barely used fear and if you are not deep affli it remains a cast so kickable whereas we have no way to counter ks except trinketing. Other class a little bit like this are war and beast mastery hunters...i wonder sometimes what they will do without their stun.

i looked the top arena warlock mots goes sl/sl full resilience/stamina gem...as you said to survive burst dmg under stuns etc...not my playstyle, i am not a tank, i m a dmg dealer, even if i die a lot, i will go full spell dmg.

So now i wonder if the most spell dmg amount could override the resilience amount of those who stack resi against my dotline+burst cycle.
    Edited: August 27, 2017

7. @Limetka5 I like your avatar.

@moparadize - It's not a permastun. It's Cheap Shot + Kidney Shot. It's called a stunlock. Using these means the rogue is sacrificing damage for the sake of control. Trinketing the Kidney Shot is something absolutely normal if you can't survive it. If you have enough stamina & resi and can survive it, just sit and wait for Blind and trinket that one instead.

I have no idea what you mean about warriors. They don't even have any stuns (unless if you're counting Intercept as a stun and not a gap closer), and Warstomp is a Tauren racial. The only thing warriors have that works against warlocks is Berserker Rage - just Death Coil them, CoE and kite until it's over, then Fear + DoT them. Death Wish also, but that one has a moderate cooldown.

About Cataclysm - you played vs some pretty bad rogues if they were "permastunning" you and losing to you as a fire mage. Stunlocking was removed on Cata and rogues do not stunlock ever since.

I mean, come on, this is WoW: TBC, not some immensely complex board game of cards, pieces and dice. You play a 10-year old expansion with very simplified classes and you play vs humans who are the same as you. There is a very good reason why I see TBC PvP as pointless. At the same time, you play THE most overloaded class in the entire game from vanilla to Cataclysm and you're even complaining?
    Edited: August 27, 2017

8. Well you will shine in s3 as warlock,go sl sl and gem partially stam/partially res and partially spellpower even tho you can go double set for more resil thus stacking sp all the way!Your job is not bursting,your job is outlasting.

All warlocks who paired with rdruid know that,hence outlast setup.
    Dont forget Spellsurge enchant for mana.Like i said outlast.

As far as pet goes,when facing warrior/x you will have to resummon your pet plenty times behind pillar since plenty times it will get trained.

Learn to fake cast,once you survive initial opener from rogue(if you know its rogue use void since gives shield at end and 10% pshyical dmg reduction) it will greatly improve your survivability.

9. I thought a lot before choosing which expansion i am going to play. I thought tbc fit me more than any other old expansion except cataclysm as fire mage who was awesome era(running scorch, old combustion)but the server here is low population. I was hesitating a lot between wotlk and tbc wanting to choose the best class who let me dps while moving. I was hesitating between hunter and affli because lot of instants but i like more caster but some special type of caster. I didn't want to go wotlk as affli too much cast ua/haunt...i saw a stream yesterday from affli lock mercedesax sth like that, he plays very well but too much cast time spells to use for me, no way i play that whereas TBC give me lot of instant sl/coe/cot/shadowburn/conflagrate, i have to cast only immolate. I have fun with my char and that's why i play the game but i can't do arena with my spec.

10. You can you just need to use all tools given to you.

My advice do alot of research on slsl locks.