1. I don't get the server's population

How is there decent amount of forum viewers for this realm comparing to the high pop realms..? Really makes no sense tbh. We're in desperate need for more players there is literally 1 guild on each faction that is doing raids or anything organized. Someone promote! :P

2. Thats because Frostwolf is still lucky enough to have few guys who give a damn about this server and try to post matters and fight for this server before its too late and it will become with less populated. If You would do a reasearch about latest topic on forums, you would notice that players try to lift up most critical issues of the server, so it would be more atractive.

3. How is there decent amount of forum viewers for this realm comparing to the high pop realms..?
    That's because every wednesday people coming here with hope to see if something is added/fixed. kek

4. Thats because anticheat destroyed this server. Every other server has a mild anticheat and it doesnt bug classes. Here it is so savvier that u cant even speed up on ur mont for long distances, it will simply pull you back... Please DEVELOPERS tune down your anticheat a bit. just disable ground speeds of 140%(unbuff,unmounted) and fly speeds of 600%

5. Thats because anticheat destroyed this server. Every other server has a mild anticheat and it doesnt bug classes. Here it is so savvier that u cant even speed up on ur mont for long distances, it will simply pull you back... Please DEVELOPERS tune down your anticheat a bit. just disable ground speeds of 140%(unbuff,unmounted) and fly speeds of 600%
    This anti-cheat is the most redundant and game breaking feature ever to be implemented on Frostwolf. The only people it affects are regular players who cant utilize their classes well or just plain mounting. Icing on the cake would be that it did not curb most of the hacking population anyway.

6. I agree that the movement anti-cheat is way too strict. It's not as easy as flat out not allowing anything >140% unbuffed & unmounted, but it feels like the server tries to make sense of every single inch and every individual bit of movement each player performs, and sets them back if it deems the move invalid or illegal.
    I have recently noticed this when I was struggling with internet connection issues. I was rubberbanding a lot, I could not move at all.
    This tells me that the server only accepts legal and coherent movement events, and it rejects a scenario in which a player performs a legal set of moves while being disconnected for a very short period of time due to lag.
    I would personally consider a solution that kind of "extrapolates" from the last known location of a player and checks whether a freshly received movement / location update is valid based on the player's speed and the time that passed between the last known location and the new one to be more efficient while preventing things like teleport hacking with comparable success.

It feels far too strict in one way or another, and I believe that there are better solutions that are just as effective, but less punishing for the general playerbase.

All that being said, if I were given the choice between this current anti-cheat and none at all, I'd still choose to have it. So annoying to watch sub-400k HP yolohunters teleporting straight across AB, ninjacapping every flag and mysteriously disappearing into the void whenever someone targets them ;_;

7. I agree that the movement anti-cheat is way too strict. It's not as easy as flat out not allowing anything >140% unbuffed & unmounted, but it feels like the server tries to make sense of every single inch and every individual bit of movement each player performs, and sets them back if it deems the move invalid or illegal.
    I have recently noticed this when I was struggling with internet connection issues. I was rubberbanding a lot, I could not move at all.
    This tells me that the server only accepts legal and coherent movement events, and it rejects a scenario in which a player performs a legal set of moves while being disconnected for a very short period of time due to lag.
    I would personally consider a solution that kind of "extrapolates" from the last known location of a player and checks whether a freshly received movement / location update is valid based on the player's speed and the time that passed between the last known location and the new one to be more efficient while preventing things like teleport hacking with comparable success.

It feels far too strict in one way or another, and I believe that there are better solutions that are just as effective, but less punishing for the general playerbase.

All that being said, if I were given the choice between this current anti-cheat and none at all, I'd still choose to have it. So annoying to watch sub-400k HP yolohunters teleporting straight across AB, ninjacapping every flag and mysteriously disappearing into the void whenever someone targets them ;_;
    Ironically with "so false positive" and "so savvy" anti cheat system combined with sluggish movement update ...... render to break a lot of class while barely affecting the cheater at all.

8. This anti-cheat is the most redundant and game breaking feature ever to be implemented on Frostwolf.
    I have to agree. It's really, really annoying.

9. Omg that happened to me for some time now I didn't know that it was anti-cheat that it was doing all that work :(

10. This anti-cheat is the most redundant and game breaking feature ever to be implemented on Frostwolf. The only people it affects are regular players who cant utilize their classes well or just plain mounting. Icing on the cake would be that it did not curb most of the hacking population anyway.
    Anti-Cheat is also a killer to Flight Paths. Either by infinite loop or being teleported back every 1 second on a controlled flight path being unable to move.
    Fear tp is still an issue.

I agree that the movement anti-cheat is way too strict. It's not as easy as flat out not allowing anything >140% unbuffed & unmounted, but it feels like the server tries to make sense of every single inch and every individual bit of movement each player performs, and sets them back if it deems the move invalid or illegal.

I don't mind going back to the old days of reporting people with videos and tickets. At least it gets GMs involved more to do something on Frostwolf with quick responses. Plus it will put the anti-hackers back in business.
    Edited: August 24, 2017

11. I'd like to warn everyone that:

Do not use Levitate while mid-air. Anti-cheat will keep you in a loop you cant escape from.

12. Someone promote! :P
    I've talked about this extensively in guild chat, but I'll mention it here to.

Nothing is stopping us, the players, from promoting our realm. You are free to go out and help us get people. It doesn't matter who promotes the server, as long as someone does. There are supposedly 1k+ of us playing regularly, while there's only a handful of staff. Even if staff promoted the realm, they would never be as effective as 20-30 of us could be.

There are plenty of ways to advertise. Make threads on arenajunkies, make threads on other wow related forums, make threads and posts on other private servers. You can even go on warcraft's own twitch channel and try and mention the glory days of MoP. Casually mention you play MoP on a private server.

There's plenty of other ways too I'm sure. Use your creativity and get out there. You can easily be the change you want to see.

13. When the cure is worse than the disease...
    It really kills it for me and ruins all the fun in pvp. Not sure if it is related but you can't hit some players jumping around (usually a mage with low health) even standing on TOP of them with zero lag (15ms/60fps solid), AOE out of range too...
    So yea no point playing and even less advertising this realm. Have to be SM.

14. When the cure is worse than the disease...
    It really kills it for me and ruins all the fun in pvp. Not sure if it is related but you can't hit some players jumping around (usually a mage with low health) even standing on TOP of them with zero lag (15ms/60fps solid), AOE out of range too...
    I've had this a couple times since they implemented the anti-cheat, but only like 5 times at most.
    Coincidentally this lost me an arena game against a boomkin and a destro lock like 2 days ago when I was capping my frost mage with my arms warrior friend. The boomie was down to like 6-7% health and stood in a very specific spot on Blade's Edge, where all of a sudden I couldn't hit him anymore even though I was almost in melee range (near the lower end of one of the central ramps). By the time we could hit him again, my whole burst was dead :/

I wouldn't go as far as saying this kills the fun in PvP since it happens very rarely (to me at least), but what if this were to happen in a tournament?

15. When the cure is worse than the disease...
    The player movement has indeed gotten worse. As a melee you can basically hit no one even if you're in range.

12 Last