1. Hunter professions.

Hi guys. I am planning to create a hunter alt. I heard engineering and jewelcrafting are the best professions for hunters. But i need gold. Which profession should i replace with Mining ? I play on Icecrown btw. (sorry for my bad English.)
    Edited: August 23, 2017 Reason: Forgot to mention the server.

2. Engineering makes the least gold of any profession.

3. Don't replace your professions, if you need gold, make a new character and train gathering professions with it. The best hunter professions are indeed Engineering and Jewelcrafting, if you wanna know why you better read this, everything you need is explained there http://www.donorbashed.com/2013/02/p...ons-explained/

4. To be clear, in terms of DPS, Engineering is one of the worst professions you could want as a Marksman Hunter. There's a widely popular misconception that Engineering's desirability for a Hunter is because of its DPS benefit. This is completely untrue.

The appeal towards Engineering for you as a Hunter are based in the massive utility opportunity the Nitro Boosts give you - which along with saving your life can also usually be used to reduce the amount of time you have to stay moving - and the convenience of being able to make your own arrows whenever so long as you keep Eternal Shadows in your bags. The on-use glove proc is extremely weak for you, and the parachute doesn't actually net you more distance traveled when used with Disengage unless there was significant z-axis displacement involved in the movement from your start position to your destination.
    Edited: September 22, 2017

5. Just gonna ask this instead of starting a new thread what would be the best professions for a hunter specced both BM PvP and BM PvE as well as a survival hunter specced survival PvE and PvP?

6. To be clear, in terms of DPS, Engineering is one of the worst professions you could want as a Marksman Hunter. There's a widely popular misconception that Engineering's desirability for a Hunter is because of its DPS benefit. This is completely untrue.

The on-use glove proc is extremely weak for you.
    It doesnt weak at all and as you raise gear it gets stronger. You are getting 1 extra shot at least each min, more dps than you get with jc, bs or anything. And nitro boost is rarely useful since you dont have to run that much distance in any encounter in short time, except marro maybe, but can be a raidsaver incase of an orange ooze without slow. You can time your chimera, aimed to attack while moving and stopping very few sec to autoshot without even using arcane shot.

@OP Since engi is clear best proffession, second one is debatable but in my view, worst and best at same time is for second slot is tailoring since stacking big AP is more beneficial than static AP. You can get most if you can stack 400 ap with remaining procs and also you can get least by not timing good and skipping serpent dot.

7. It's more like a bit under 0.6 auto shots every minute. The value of the average 68 haste you get from the gloves is terrible. Especially because part of the opportunity cost is a +20 agi enchant that you'd have otherwise. Haste is just that terrible for MM, and you are just objectively wrong in saying it compares to JC or BS. This just comes down to knowing your stat weights. Literally one of the first itemization tenets as a MM hunter is knowing how to identify inoptimal pieces of gear by the presence of Haste on them.

Edit: As a matter of fact, tailoring is the other prof that's very clearly a bad choice too. It has its place in improving your burst DPS and whatnot but over the course of a fight its benefit will have tapered down a great deal. Straight attack power is the other stat that has a very low stat value. Also while Serpent Sting snapshots your AP at the time you cast it, the AP is recalculated everytime Chimera Shot refreshes it, so the point about Serpent Sting is moot too.

8. Its not average 68haste, one time big bonus which is netting you +1 extra shot at least which is more dmg than jc bonuses from all shots combined. Haste is terrible when you can get other stats but not terrible if you can get when you can. But its not haste vs static stat. Big thing is as I said 1 extra shot per minute.

For tailoring, serpent is bugged as retail made it, so drugging is working since it got fixed in cata to refresh all these procs. And another thing, the more crit you have the better you use tailor boost, so it gets better also with gear.

PS: Tailor part: Yes jc + bs is getting better with more crit but value is much higher for tailoring.

9. The only way you're getting 1 extra shot every minute is if your base weapon speed is in the 1.6-1.7 range. You would come to this conclusion too if you mathed out the reduced auto-shot time. The fact that it's a larger amount of Haste on-use doesn't necessarily make any kind of a staggering difference over it simply being 68 static haste, unless the fight was really short and ended just after one of your haste procs expired.

Also, AP's value with high crit doesn't shoot up as you much as you seem to think it does. Its scaling is vastly eclipsed by Agi's value. It consistently stays at the same low relative stat value - compared against Agi - along various levels of gear. You come off as having a limited understanding of how stats work and how they should be measured up against each other. You're making assumptions based on what you simply feel should be right that contradict thoroughly verified and established principles.

A cursory round of testing also suggests Chimera Shot's and Serpent Sting's interactions with your AP dynamically changing over the course of a fight works mostly as it should. What exactly is the bug you said you noticed?