1. Resto Shaman PVP

Hello,

I am new on Frostwolf, never have played MoP but I do understand the game it self very well since I've played WOTLK on Molten intensively.

I've leveled up resto shammy and my goal is to play only BG's daily, but I was unable to find any gearing or gemming guides. I am pretty familiar with the gameplay, but I'm lost as far as gear since I'm still looking for Wrath gear lol.

Can someone provide me with more info? Thank you.

2. All the top Rshams went full 320crit gems + reflect crit meta, but that build is mostly relevant in 3v3. You get mana back from critting so spirit isn't that relevant, plus you have Water Shield.

It could still be useful for BGs tho since healers get focused a lot so you don't get to cast much, making crit really important with instants.

3. All the top Rshams went full 320crit gems + reflect crit meta, but that build is mostly relevant in 3v3. You get mana back from critting so spirit isn't that relevant, plus you have Water Shield.

It could still be useful for BGs tho since healers get focused a lot so you don't get to cast much, making crit really important with instants.
    Thanks! What about PVE items? Should I go all PVP or I should get top-tier PvE weapon, or similar? (I'll never play PVE). In WOTLK that was mostly good idea because od big stat difference, not sure about MOP.

4. Hey mate!

Sorry for being abit late to the topic, I tried to answer you from my phone but I couldnt, guess Warmane are changing the website settings again.

Anyhow, on-topic:

As far as resto shamans go, they relly on crit alot. The resto shaman is your typical 0-100 healer, who will bring you from 10k hp back to 500k hp in a single cast. To do this, you require alot of critical hit and mastery.

tl;dr, here's your stat priority:

Crit > Mastery > Spirit >>>>>>>>> Haste

From crit you get extra big numbers, e.g. 200k instead of 80k, from mastery you get extra big heals on low hp targets, who are the ones that need you the most anyways. Mastery furtherly increases your healing on low hp targets. The reason you need spirit is, because resto shamans are pretty mana dependant. Yes you got on-crit mana refund, and yes you have a water shield, but believe it or not, you will run out of mana at times, and it's not very pleasant. To minimise the occurance of such events, you build spirit next. Haste is actually garbage tier stat for a resto shaman, cause it barely makes a difference in cast times, and you don't have enough HoTs to utilise it. All others are alot more important.

So, reforge out of haste whenever you can, and dont buy haste gear if you dont absolutely have to.

If you can choose between an item with Mastery and Spirit, and an item with Crit and Haste, take the first item and reforge spirit into crit. Avoid haste items, as it's a useless stat.

That being said the most important is still Intellect, but know that gems for secondary stats give you twice as much as the primary. Example: You got a +160 Intellect gem, and a +320 Crit gem. That's why you take the crit gem. If they were both +320, you'd take Intellect.

As far as PvE / PvP item debate goes; in MoP, you're supposed to be in PvP gear if you do PvP, because PvE gear downscales pretty hard. So no more PvE'ers PvPing, which is good for us. So, go full PvP gear (honor first, then conquest).

Happy healing!

Regards,
    Bearquard

5. Thanks! What about PVE items? Should I go all PVP or I should get top-tier PvE weapon, or similar? (I'll never play PVE). In WOTLK that was mostly good idea because od big stat difference, not sure about MOP.
    The thing with 5.4.8 is that Pve gear in PvP is useless because of downscaling, which is why it's the most balanced season. You don't wanna miss out on PvP power and resil from trinkets set bonus, so full PvP gear is the way to go.

6. Thank you both, I'll keep advices in my mind.

MoP looks very new to me, and I'm not used to items/stats yet so I'd like to know is there any rare/hardToObtain trinket/item that's worth purchasing from the store for resto? I have some coins to spend.

7. Thank you both, I'll keep advices in my mind.

MoP looks very new to me, and I'm not used to items/stats yet so I'd like to know is there any rare/hardToObtain trinket/item that's worth purchasing from the store for resto? I have some coins to spend.
    Gave the store a quick look for you, and well.

The only things I would ever consider buying from there are:

a) mounts
    b) Prideful (550 iLvL) gear (weapon preferably)

That being said, the prideful weapon costs about 30 coins I think, and if you got that many to spend, please do, it'll help you ALOT. Other than that, I'd go with mounts for the lol. You really dont need anything from the store to kick ***, and I suggest you dont buy anything other than the items I've mentioned. :)

If you're horde side, feel free to add me in game and I'll help you out to my maximum ability.

Regards,
    Bearquard

8. I'm alliance but I appreciate it, I won't be too cruel If I see you somewhere! Lmao

I've checked your char on armory - very nice dudu. Chicken was my main back on Deathwing in 2012, most useful member of the raid.

I'll keep updating this post with questions If they don't delete it.

Thanks again!

9. I actually main guardian hehe, chicken's my off-spec!

Guardian can only get you so far, sometimes you just have to go and kick butt on your own :p

Regards

10. Another question..

Anyone else experiencing problems opening sub-menu's in the store on the phone? Like the Weapons/Item Sets/Containers.

I've been pounded so bad on the Bg this morning - it's just unreal how it's impossible to stay alive or to heal an ally who's being attacked by two enemies with this gear. I feel the gear gap is huge.

Edit: If Prideful is top endPVP gear, which one is middle(Like Relentless was on the WOTLK)?
    Edited: August 25, 2017 Reason: Edit

11. Grievous gear is the mid gear and you only need honor to purchase it.

12. Grievous gear is the mid gear and you only need honor to purchase it.
    Thank you. I don't need arena points? That's new for me. Which items in the set require high arena rating and are therefore harder to obtain(excluding weapon)?

Sorry for silly questions but I have only an hour, hour and half of game time daily and I tend to spend it on BG's.

I am very Thankful for assistance.

13. With Honor Points you get from battlegrounds you can buy Grievous gear and with Conquest Points you get from winning arenas/rated battlegrounds you can buy Prideful gear. There is no rating requirements anymore. That simple. Donating for PVP gear is usually recommended but in my opinion it's a waste of coins.

14. Thank you. I don't need arena points? That's new for me. Which items in the set require high arena rating and are therefore harder to obtain(excluding weapon)?

Sorry for silly questions but I have only an hour, hour and half of game time daily and I tend to spend it on BG's.

I am very Thankful for assistance.
    None of the base set items require a specific rating. You do however need to earn a total of 7250 conquest points in the current season before you can purchase the weapon, and I believe 10k for the pvp meta if you're looking to get that.
    The only things that require a specific rating to unlock are the pvp power weapon enchant (glorious tyranny), bloody dancing steel (for the visuals) and the elite gear for transmogrification (it has no stats though).

15. Good to know! I'll start with weapon and shield and go from there! Thanks again!

12 Last