1. No pvp => population of raidloggers => dead server

I've seen it time and time again, realms being dubbed "pve" that die to a raidlogging population.

pvp is what keeps a realm alive, give players stuff to do between the weekly raids, keeps the economy running ( people enchanting gear and gemming stuff).

At this stage of progression pvp is broken for many classes due to the lack of resilience the rep starter gear gives in a 2.4.3 realm.

Too little BGs going on as a result, making the prices for honor gear a grind, and at the end all you get is a set of blues while people are running around in T5...

just skip S1 and implement the 2.4.3 gear progression/pricing model.

- a starting rare gear for some cost (boj since people are deserting heroics already)

- a set for honor , and a set for arena points

- 2 tiers of offset available at different prices

2. I have a geared tank standing in shatt all day, i've cleared the heroics content and have nothing to spend boj on.

i won't queue as ret with my pve gear because it's too much hassle to wait hours just to die within the first stun on a 30 second interval that takes me to run from the spirit healer.

i won't tank heroics because even the nether at the end is of no value for me : no one is buying sure footed cause no one is pvping.

if you offer me S0 for BoJ i'll farm it, i'll make a couple of newbies happy catching them up with the current pve progression, i'll spend gold fixing that gear up, and then i'll start queuing bgs to get that odd S1 libram or shield that might be usefull in PVE filling in for the horrible T4 itemization.

I believe the same goes for many other players. please save this realm from a zombie raidlogging population.

3. I'm not a huge PVPer, but I wholeheartedly agree. This server needs some PVP. Would also attract a lot more people.

4. I have a geared tank standing in shatt all day, i've cleared the heroics content and have nothing to spend boj on.

i won't queue as ret with my pve gear because it's too much hassle to wait hours just to die within the first stun on a 30 second interval that takes me to run from the spirit healer.

i won't tank heroics because even the nether at the end is of no value for me : no one is buying sure footed cause no one is pvping.

if you offer me S0 for BoJ i'll farm it, i'll make a couple of newbies happy catching them up with the current pve progression, i'll spend gold fixing that gear up, and then i'll start queuing bgs to get that odd S1 libram or shield that might be usefull in PVE filling in for the horrible T4 itemization.

I believe the same goes for many other players. please save this realm from a zombie raidlogging population.

So instead of people going into BGs to farm honor, you would rather have them farm heroic dungeons to obtain the pvp gear?
    I don't see how this would stimulate the scene for the pvp oriented post-gummy-wave players. Seems very counter-intuitive that you'd grind your pvp gear in pve.

The way you could incentivize people to do more battlegrounds is to make them reward more honor points or even add a daily quest that gives a small amount of arena points for a bg win. This way players could collect their pvp gear faster and it would grow the pvp scene from the ground up. Another thing that I've seen other people suggest is a battleground mark conversion system as there is currently no way to obtain alterac valley marks.

That said, there's been daily battlegrounds going on during EU peak hours for the last 15+ days. I've currently gotten enough honor to purchase the trinket, neck, cloak and s0 shoulders. I agree that currently the honor grind is very long but it is doable. All we need is to incentivize people to do more battlegrounds, skipping the honor farming entirely is not the way to do that.
    Edited: August 27, 2017

5. ADMINS, please... save Medivh. Don't let the server die... We have propose a lot of ideas to solve the problem, just read the posts...

6. As much as I like a server to be Blizzlike (well apart from qol)...

Adding the PvP Reputation set early (which came in 2.3 or 2.4 idk) would help a lot.
    It's nigh-useless for pve-ers, since most green quest rewards got better offensive stats on 70, it wouldn't really hurt anybody..
    But it would give PvP players a chance to equip themselves quickly and jump right into action.

Compared to the current gear in pvp, its like:
    -25% damage, +25% survival
    I doubt anyone would dislike that change in PvP.

7. I second this notion, or third, whatever. Some level of intervention from the staff would be a tremendous help in ensuring the server continues to flourish. I myself have tried to get people to PvP, queue up for 2v2 arenas, do the spirit towers, etc. We need some help here.

8. Now the I am 70 Finally! I hope to pvp as well as pve. I am part of the surge from the gummy quake, so hopefully the pvp pop will pick up!

I just did my first 10 arena games in mostly greens, got our heads handed to us, but hopefully the gear grind will not be hard and long.

Side note: when is the arena flush?

9. admins need to raise the 1-58 exp to 5x, like on Outland, but keep the 58-70 exp 1x. Then Medivh will be swarmed with new players, from all sources. Let's face it, we didnt come here to experience the 1-58 grind, but BC.

10. Hi,

We have some of new player on this server, i'm actually 20 (ally), i see every day so much people leveling with me, some guild are created for leveling only, they are full of new players.
    I think in 1 month, we will have a better community for PVP.
    This server is new, be patient, we are comming :)

11. New here too, though mostly PvE, I do like a skirmish now and then.

12. The truth is that there are too many pve'ers there.

All of the pvpers have joined outland. Population matters for PvP. Even on outland with 15k players, there is a huge void of people competitively pvping.

13. Just gotta get the PVE:ers to agree to raid AV on a raiding off-day right? AV is basically a pve race after all

14. I completely Agree, PVP is broken. Bad gear, and no alterac marks. the only ones who benefit from the situation are some horde players i catch playing arranged arena matchs at 5 am ... now they are nearly full S1.

15. Full s1?

Im top 5 since the start of the season and I was getting the most arena points one could get for that period of time and at this point I gathered around 2.3k arena points?

Your statement means that whole cost of Gladiator set is 2.3k? Damn man, get your facts straight..

12 Last