1. its either crossrealms with outland or very likely no pvp at all. im pretty sure we can agree that most if not all ppl would choose the former
    Sorry but I along with many others absolutely do not want crossrealm BG's. I'd stop playing right away - Why level on Medivh at all if this was the case? Pointless...

Population isn't a big problem anyway? I'm alliance, we seem to loose WSG a lot but AB is like 80% win ratio...It's certainly picking up now alli are catching up PVE wise.

s2 should be out by now? doesn't that mean s1 should be purchasable by honor or?

I DO agree with your mark suggestion though, not having AV marks is a serious flaw that needs fixing - or open AV asap, beggin!

2. After talking to quite a few pvpers in-game, many have said that my suggestion of 3 to 1 mark transmutation might be a tad too punishing considering the limited amount of bg's we have the opportunity to play, not to mention that will probably decrease as well since the population is in steady decline.

However, it is still better then nothing. At the moment, for us who started early, mailboxes are overflowing with marks. After 29 days in mailbox, those marks DISAPPEAR. This will not only demoralize more people, but will also push them away from Warmane as whole.

If the staff does not care about this segment of player interaction on Medivh, please do let us know so we can stop filling the mailbox with items that we will never be able to use anyway and start focusing on more productive gameplay aspects.

Hell, any response at this point would be welcome.
    Edited: September 1, 2017

3. This is still going back and forth between the community. It's been two months of silence from the devs. I understand the forum admins are different from the devs but the silence on this topic is really harmful to the pvp community on Medivh.

Cross realm Bg's probably creates more problems than it solves now that BG's are firing.

Alliance are still an issue in BG's no matter what people say. Gear wise, it's fine. There's so many under-geared or brain dead horde that queue Bg's; it balances out the odd occasion one of the Panacea main raiders queues. - Zanou took a break to my knowledge who was the T5 warrior being complained about.

Issue with Alliance is there isn't enough of them, as soon as it gets off-peak time, they lose 2-3 in a row or one of the main guilds that PvP's goes and raids Bg's stop. Population issue, peoples desire to pvp issue, i'm not sure what else but it seems most Alliance are consigned to PvE only. Me and some friends ran around IF/SW with no Alliance resistance, we go bored and started dueling each other outside Ironforge. (as horde)

Transmutation for marks is a great idea, concentrated effort needs to be handed in to farm honour in a reasonable amount of time. Not being able to hand in Concentrated Effort is stifling peoples ability who are not raiding to get an improved level of gear. Also someone in full Gladiator should technically beat someone in full T5 because resilience matters so much. The most optimal configuration is part Glad part T5.
    Edited: September 2, 2017

4. Recently, someone who is here from day 1, made me realize how pointless our pleas here actually are.

Medivh has no moderation of any kind, people yell whatever they want, goldsellers run rampant, people advertise other servers on global, trade or whatever other channel they want with no repercussions of any kind, ninjalooters run rampant here, some reported multiple times, nothing happened to any of them (while on Outland they get handled shortly). They told someone to respond on this forum for a little while, just to appear something is happening here, but I guess they got bored of it too.

Already some guilds started merging as it is difficult finding promising new raiders, soon pvp will turn into wishful thinking after players marks start disappearing in mailboxes alongside the fact how rare bg's actually are, and so on.

Face it gents, we are left here alone, for a short time more, until pop drops enough for it truly to become a dead server (as no one will want to roll here anymore).

Same as with Lord, mission soon accomplished. Well done.

5. Recently, someone who is here from day 1, made me realize how pointless our pleas here actually are.

Medivh has no moderation of any kind, people yell whatever they want, goldsellers run rampant, people advertise other servers on global, trade or whatever other channel they want with no repercussions of any kind, ninjalooters run rampant here, some reported multiple times, nothing happened to any of them (while on Outland they get handled shortly). They told someone to respond on this forum for a little while, just to appear something is happening here, but I guess they got bored of it too.

Already some guilds started merging as it is difficult finding promising new raiders, soon pvp will turn into wishful thinking after players marks start disappearing in mailboxes alongside the fact how rare bg's actually are, and so on.

Face it gents, we are left here alone, for a short time more, until pop drops enough for it truly to become a dead server (as no one will want to roll here anymore).

Same as with Lord, mission soon accomplished. Well done.
    While I would agree it's pretty much only a matter of time until the "ded server" meme becomes true and we'll have absolute 0 battlegrounds / PvP and only a handful of guilds will be left... we still have a ways until we hit that point. Honestly while it's extremely upsetting to see the server die I can't really blame people (especially the PvP community) leave / quit. The problem with PvP here is that most of the serious PvPers have already quit / left for outland or other servers. This was primarily because BGs never pop (9 times out of 10 because there aren't enough alliance players queuing up).

Medivh's population continues to drop and drop because 95% of the community ONLY PvEs and as these players continue to progress their character there is little and little left to do outside of raiding. As a result a lot of players are already getting into the raid logging habit which can be largely associated to there being so little PvP.

Typically there are 2 major types of WoW players, those that focus on PvP and those that focus on PvE... then there are those like myself who love both equally. For new players coming to Medivh there is little motivation to level here on a 1x server. If they are an avid PvPer the PvP scene here is dead but on Outland there are BGs (even AV) / Arenas all hours of the day. If they came here to PvE the admins of Warmane promised "Pre-nerf challenging hardcore raid content" which we all know, turned out to be a massive joke of a troll. Literally the EXACT same post-nerf fights as featured on Outland. So why put yourself through the struggled of 1x leveling with these things in mind? The only promise that Medivh has kept is that there would be no pay-2-win shop, which outland has yet to introduce iirc.

Honestly the realm's current state is nobody else by the Warmane staff's fault and those of us that invested a lot of time here already are the ones to pay.

6. I think the concerns are valid, and they are VERY easy to fix. People went Outland because of the fast 5x experience, so they can reach 58 in 1 day. Thats why everyone went there, really. Go raise 1-60 to 5x exp on Medvih and you'll see tons of players coming here in matter of seconds, knowing they can reach Outland very fast.

You would still have 1x after 60, so still a blizzlike TBC experience. And honestly, we came here to experience TBC blizzlike, not the 1-60 old world crap. If we want 1-60 blizzlike, we go to Elysium anyway, since 1-60 content is scripted much better than here.

So yeah, admins, make Medivh 1-60 5x, then 1x after 60 and you'll fix population issue in no time. Probably 1 from 3 players from Outland would move here same day you do it and half of Elysium too :))
    Edited: September 4, 2017

7. I think this is a bad idea, having Medivh at 1x rates is actually having old hardcore player enjoy the experience..
    If you want to only pvp, reroll outland man..

I miss some quality pvp here, but I think it can be solved with advertisment of pvp ingame.. There is plenty of new people leveling and the server is yet to become pvp active..

8. I think this is a bad idea, having Medivh at 1x rates is actually having old hardcore player enjoy the experience..

I miss some quality pvp here, but I think it can be solved with advertisment of pvp ingame.. There is plenty of new people leveling and the server is yet to become pvp active..
    Exactly ! +1000

9. I think this is a bad idea, having Medivh at 1x rates is actually having old hardcore player enjoy the experience..

You guys have to be horde because I myself and a few others spam the hell out of alliance for pvp and we get nothing.

10. I'm an Ally, leveling actually like many other

11. You'll love the mess once you hit 70. For example, after a week/two of pvping, you marks begin going into mailbox, and if you are pvping for a few weeks, your mailbox overflows with them. Since we have NO WAYS to spend marks (you know, regular ways that EVERY other server has), your character becomes entirely locked out from any incoming mails, you won't even be able to send yourself mats from bankalts.

But hey, there is one positive thing from all that.. goldspammers won't be able to bother you through mail anymore.

I'd reconsider.

12. What I don't understand is why some players consider 5x for 1-58, a game breaker. You came to a Burning Crusade server, right ? Then be happy you can start playing it faster, there is no need for additional pain to actually START to play on it, when TBC came all of us had at least 2-3 lvl 60s anyway. It's hypocritical and destroys the potential server population. That's why you have thousands on Outland and only a few here, people are simply bored to spend days for nothing.

13. Ok so I was reading the topic again and I'v been thinking of another method for the solution. If everything on Outland is getting fixed faster than on Medivh, that is because there is actually money flowing on Outland which boost the staff to fix things faster, since if they loose players there - they will loose money too. So I'm thinking if the guys need some kind of Donation from us to begin fixing the PVP, well do it - make a button for whatever mechanism that can be implemented for donations about server PVP or other problems that will not cause game imbalance, but in fact will give you a boost to FIX the problem faster. If you want make it like "PVP BG FIX DONATION BUTTON FOR MEDIVH" which will sound stupid as ****, but I'm sure will do the job right, because enough players will spent a small fraction of they money to see this problem fixed. That is the only solution that I can think of at the moment, as I don't see any reply from ANY ADMIN, except from one moderator that told us that he can't do much about it. Once the money starts flowing maybe the things will get fixed and your attention will be focused on Medivh too... And for all the people here that said "Cross realm pvp is stupid since PVPers on Outland will rekt us" - well friends, imagine that there was no problem with the PVP scene here and you join the Medivh realm TODAY and all of the poeple that joined at the begining already HAVE ARENA SEASON GEAR, you will stil get rekt... So whats the point of not implementing it, since it doesn't matter already for a new player that will join today - HE WILL NOT HAVE GEAR too even if everything was fine with the PVP from the begining - do you get my point now? And I just want to say something last - SKILL > GEAR... I remember owning people with my ****y gear only because they jsut bought the epics, but don't know dafuq they are doing with their boosted character in the game...

14. On a positive side, we learned one very important lesson during the time spent on Medivh. When it comes to Warmane, never ever roll on a server with no cash shop (in the future).

15. What I don't understand is why some players consider 5x for 1-58, a game breaker.
    Broken economy ....maybe? Leveling pain with your character constantly struggling with outdated gear because fast leveling?Same for Professions and gathering left behind because of fast leveling?If you are going fast pace ,not enough money for learning skills,etc.Even though because of RL issues i personaly have problems with finding a time for playing a old school way, other side( Outland) in my eyes is total mess. Been there ,tryed and No thanks.

First 123 Last