1. Which two items would you pick?

Hello,

I am trying to gear my new holy paladin and would like to know what 2 items would you buy from the store first for a holy pala?

Im thinking about donating again.

Thanks for our help!

2. royal scepter/bloodsurge and glowing twilight scale

however if you plan on donating more, consider saving up for a val'anyr

3. If i'm not too late yet - don't donate 284 scale, it's used only 1) for lod/bane encounter (room), 2) if you have val'anyr for additional procs. Better use "Meteorite Crystal" (vote points) and "Talisman of Resurgence" (triumph).

Using scale instead of these 2 will lead to 1) less mana regen if you change Meteorite (or Solace), 2) no cd to use with plea to negate it's "less healing" effect if you change Talisman (which can lead to tanks death). Either way using scale or any another exotic build (haste gemming, DFO, etc) isn't recomended for freshmade hpal, cuz u need good guild and to be expert in your mana managment for these (good druids for innervates, staying in melee to autoatack, etc).
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________________________
    Meanwhile Terenas/Bloodsurge is good option, yet you could completly replace it even with normal "Trauma". So if i was you - i wouldn't donate anything for hpala, or would donate Terenas/Bloodsurge and maybe rs 284 Back.
    Edited: August 30, 2017

4. don't donate 284 scale, it's used only 1) for lod/bane encounter (room), 2) if you have val'anyr for additional procs
    The trinket is your best option for every T9/T10 encounter unless you are facing mana issues. It's really not limited to a specific ICC encounter or a special weapon.

5. hpal basically gears itself short of the critical pieces, ie val'anyr and gts (and 2t10, but that falls under 'gears itself')

you can basically take whatever the other casters didn't want and congratulations

6. The trinket is your best option for every T9/T10 encounter unless you are facing mana issues. It's really not limited to a specific ICC encounter or a special weapon.
    If you are doing endgame content (banes/lods) - you play haste build, cuz on lod your BIS tank could die in milliseconds (lich hits too hard). This is where your mana management becomes crucial.

For everything else - Scale isn't the trinket every hpaly must have, it doesn't work as good, as for other classes. So i would say - go for standart bis mentioned above and learn how to play your hpala, you don't need scale right now.

7. If you are doing endgame content (banes/lods) - you play haste build, cuz on lod your BIS tank could die in milliseconds (lich hits too hard).
    So many awful things in one sentence.

8. For everything else - Scale isn't the trinket every hpaly must have, it doesn't work as good, as for other classes.
    This is very much a myth. I mean yeah, because of Judgement of Light a small portion of your healing ends up not benefitting from spellpower anyway, but your heals are also the ones that tend to play the greatest role in keeping alive the most crucial raid member(s). What you give up to pick up GTS is basically mana regen, but Holy Paladins have more mana regen tools at their disposal than every other healer anyway.

Also you get to pop Wings or DI to super-charge your GTS. No other healer can do anything like that.

9. This is very much a myth. I mean yeah, because of Judgement of Light a small portion of your healing ends up not benefitting from spellpower anyway, but your heals are also the ones that tend to play the greatest role in keeping alive the most crucial raid member(s). What you give up to pick up GTS is basically mana regen, but Holy Paladins have more mana regen tools at their disposal than every other healer anyway.

Also you get to pop Wings or DI to super-charge your GTS. No other healer can do anything like that.
    This "small portion" is actually 1/3 of your hps. Hpala is a single target healer, basically tank healer. Ya, he can heal whole raid if needed, but whats the point to keep those 3-4 other healers then? If i need massive AOE heals - i simply use Trauma.

DI - you mean Divine Intervention....? Anyways, using wings for heals burst is very situational, while on most long encounters wasting wings without plea is nothing but a crime.

YES, there is no doubt that Scale has it's own uses for holy paladin. But is it vital? Nope.
    Should a "FRESHMADE" newbie hpala donate for Scale? CERTAINLY NO.

So many awful things in one sentence.
    What did you mean by that? :D

10. If you are doing endgame content (banes/lods) - you play haste build
    (lich hits too hard)
    These two things to be specific.

11. DI - you mean Divine Intervention....?
    I'm pretty sure he is referring to Divine Illumination. Divine Intervention wouldn't really fit in this context :P

12. Assuming you have gold, you can easily find yourself
    - pants (tailoring)
    - belt (icc trash drop)
    - wrist (BPC 25 man boe)
    - BQL chocker (this is is significantly more expensive than the others)
    - boots (blacksmithing)

You can also farm yourself the AV heal ring, your best Libram for the majority of encounters is also easily farmable(Renewal), the ToC 5 man dungeon mana trinket.

With that said, I'd suggest you spend VPs on Meteorite Crystal/Talisman of Resurgance, but always prioratise buying MC before you buy TR.

If you're going to donate, assuming you get all of the items above, I'd wager your best donation choices to either be both weapon + shield or 2pT10 (shoulders + head).

Either way if you happen to get all those items you'd be more than ready to get into some dungeons and fill in any empty slots you still have. Then you can proceed to venture into 10 and 25 man normals once you gem and enchant yourself.

13. - boots (blacksmithing)
    I would recommend going for LW mail boots, since you win 7 sp and 16 haste instead of 16 crit.

If I would donate two items for a holy paladin, I would go with BQL 25HC neck and RS 25HC cloak.

14. I would recommend going for LW mail boots, since you win 7 sp and 16 haste instead of 16 crit.
    Forgot about those rip.