1. Corpse Campers ruin WPvP

Hi everyone,

I'm a big fan of world PvP in any MMO I play. I'm not the best PvPer and it's not usually my primary playstyle in games, but I do enjoy sparring in the open world. To me this is a big part of the game to both provide a distraction from questing/grinding or anything else that you are doing, as well as a perfect opportunity to practice duelling which is not easy outside of BGs.

The problem with this server, and most MMOs in general, is that there is always a subsection of the population who wishes to strangle PvP out of existence, as if it were some sort of immoral act. They don't seem to understand that if you weren't supposed to be able to kill each other occasionally, it wouldn't be a game mechanic. The other issue which is more general to private servers is that by them for the most part being PvP servers, the PvE playerbase who just doesn't "get" PvP, tries to ruin it for the rest of us.

The first time I saw this was in guild chat. Some guy asked: "Hi everyone, this guy attacked me so I've been corpse camping him for an hour. Do you think that's enough time?". I immediately responded with "wtf dude leave him it's just PvP" and basically told him to get over himself. I thought he was just some isolated case but later on I found out he's more representative of the general population.

WPvP on this server all too often leads to corpse camping. I feel like on this server the vast majority of players do not want to PvP, and they don't want others to PvP either. And because they don't personally like PvP they ruin it for others by corpse camping relentlessly if you step a toe out of line. Killed some guy one time while questing? Don't worry, he WILL stalk you for the next 20 minutes waiting for his opportunity so he can corpse camp you. And if he can't corpse camp you, there's always a bored lvl 70 available in full PvP gear to do it for him.

This is not conducive to healthy WPvP and as a result you see hardly any of it. Speaking to other players I know I'm not alone in feeling like you simply cannot PvP on this server. Quite a lot of people I speak to are either of the "anti-PvP" camp, or those who want to PvP don't want to anymore because they know it will just end up in being corpse camped.

As a final note I'd just like to add. Unlike most people, I don't claim to only fight "fair fights" because that's simply not true, and it's not true for most people who claim to either. I will quite often throw hammer of wrath at someone with low hp or fight someone a few levels below me (but never a grey). I'm also prone to going into a 2v1 (I'm the 1), or fighting with low hp or no cds because I'm paying little attention. I just find PvP enjoyable and it's not about winning. Nor will I get triggered if someone HoW's me when I'm eating, I'll probably just laugh and let it go.
    Edited: August 29, 2017

2. I believe this is the first time I've ever seen a self-identified PvPer complain that PvEers are killing him too much. What a time to be alive.

3. having a fair fight is a misconception. only one thing you need to know, RED = DEAD...

4. Why did I even waste my time reading this? A ret pally PvPer who openly admits he kills low hp players and attacks people at random complains about corpsecamping.

I'm a rogue main and I have what we call "honor". I do not kill low HP players, I only attack eating players after they're full, I do not attack players who are fighting elites, I do not corpsecamp people unless they first have gone out of their way to ruin my fun or kill a friend multiple times. I only attack non-full HP players when it's a 1v2. I only attack fighting players if they are fighting normal mobs.

That's honor. What you're describing is bull****. And you deserve to get camped.

5. If I get ganked while farming on my pve specced fury war because you think its fun to pvp in pve environments, you can definitely expect me to come corpse camp you for an hour plus on my full ress lock. Enjoy your wpvp from the respawn screen mate.

6. Lol I see you in bg's a lot crab. To the OP, wpvp is big on this server and you better believe if you're ganking lowbies in hellfire or some other busy zone people are going to get on their mains or find someone else willing to bring the hurt. If you're going to continue to do it, either learn how to res and mount quickly or learn how to use the website unstuck service.