1. What class should I main for this realm?

Let me start off by saying I have only played Burning Crusade once on my brother's account back in 2008. I didn't do much on there, though. So I know very little about the game. However, my old neighbor absolutely loved it and would always tell me how great it was while I was playing (Mists of Pandaria) with him.

In retail, I mained a Druid (PVP Feral and PVE Balance) in Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, and Warlords of Draenor (Draenor I played for about two months total) while also doing the same with three other alts being Mage (Frost PVP and Arcane PVE), Shaman (Enhancement PVP and Elemental PVE), and Paladin (Retribution for both PVE and PVP). I currently main a Retribution Paladin in the Icecrown realm for both PVP and PVE.

The only role I had expressed much desire in taking part in for PVE Raiding was (and still is) Damage Dealing. Based on the things I have read, it is to my understanding that there was only one usable spec in Vanilla. However, I also hear that there were quite a lot more viable ones in Burning Crusade after the class changes it brought in.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing helpful responses on the matter.

2. You pretty much answered the question yourself. TBC was/is pretty balanced in terms of talents so pretty much any spec is viable - either in PVE or PVP (I'm distinguishing these because, for example, a hybrid paladin shockadin spec isn't really viable in PVE while it's pretty fun in PVP - but it is a hybrid spec though).

If you want to play a DPS, your options are as follows:
    - shadow priest
    - warlock
    - mage
    - rogue
    - feral/balance druid
    - elemental/enhancement shaman
    - hunter
    - warrior
    - retribution paladin

And they're all pretty good - some a bit better in AOE dps, some on single-target and some have a bit lower DPS count but bring a lot of buffs to others so they're a supporting DPS.

3. Ret's are as worthless as Russians and Chinese players, don't tell someone to go Ret.

4. The main DPSers of TBC are warlocks, mages, rogues, hunters, and (at the end of the expansion) warriors. TBC was a time when Blizzard was tolerating what some called "hybrid penalty" - the inability of classes which can fulfill multiple roles to do better than those that can fulfill just one (DPS).

Thus, shadow priests are taken mainly as mana feeders in healer groups. Cats do no damage compared to boomkins. Boomkins are actually decent, although still very far below DPS-only classes. DPS shamans are desired mainly for BL/Hero and their totems. Retri paladins simply don't work if you're not a blood elf and no one would even consider taking you, unless they feel sorry enough for you to carry you.

In conclusion, any pure DPS class works well on TBC. Of the hybrid classes, elemental shamans and boomkins do okay. Warriors are **** DPSers until end-game so you will pretty much see yourself being forced to tank or PvP, or get carried in raids with epic gear by casters in blue gear.

And while the things I am telling you might sound harsh, they are the ugly truth. The top 5 meter in our guild is always reserved for our 3 warlocks and 2 mages. Everyone else is below that. TBC was anything but balanced. It's up to you whether you want to play a class for fun or you want to top the meters. If it's the first, then ignore my post and read the one above me.
    Edited: August 31, 2017

5. Then you must train and gear proper hunter.

6. TOP PVE DPS in raids in TBC is this.

-Warlock
    -Hunter
    -Rogue

Hunter is the easiest too DPS with and less gear dependable of all. You can almost pull 1k DPS in all 70 Blues in 5 mans dungeons at 70.

If your going horde and want to Maximize PVE DPS output.

For race Roll Orc for all 3 of those classes.

Orc BM hunter put insane Damage in raids, along with orc warlock.

Every other class will fall short of dps compare to Warlock,Hunter and Rogue end game.

7. Ret's are as worthless as Russians and Chinese players, don't tell someone to go Ret.
    u've hurt my feelings :(

8. Thus, shadow priests are taken mainly as mana feeders in healer groups. Cats do no damage compared to boomkins. Boomkins are actually decent, although still very far below DPS-only classes. DPS shamans are desired mainly for BL/Hero and their totems. Retri paladins simply don't work if you're not a blood elf and no one would even consider taking you, unless they feel sorry enough for you to carry you.
    False. Rets are taken for their buffs and utility, regardless of faction. Sure, perhaps not more than one, but they are still there.
    Horde Rets, unlike you've tried to state here, are just as unpopular for a good raid.