1. Starting on lordaeron

Hello guys, I am thinking on starting on the server. I know that it has reached ICC and that the server was progressive so many people have already finished previous content. How can a new player progress on the server? Is it hard? Will you find people to play with? Whats the peak population?
    Thank you very much

2. Hi, others and I have created a few threads about the realms health. If you just only want to progress then yes, you can keep up. It won't be fun though, unless you will enjoy doing 7 dungeons all over till 80 and then your life will be all about PoS farms.. Ofcourse there are people to play with, but not as many as it used to be. Still quite a few in the starting zones but the more you go up, the less people (except at 80). Leveling below 80 through questing is 'easily' done but don't expect dungeons to be fun. The grind to find a group for the dungeon you already did 10 times, hf <3 Peak pop is around 4k including bots.

3. Thank you for your prompt reply. Following on that. What classes are needed on the server? Tank heal dps rdps? I have played all the classes before so I want to know what is needed in order to get into raids more often.

4. dont think its worth since the lvling and everything takes ages and realm is slowly dying. maybe if they increase lvl rates in future there will be some hope but newcomers are almost nonexistant and old people quitting because of boredom
    Edited: September 1, 2017

5. I don't know what LaurensOP12 and rumbleshotz did to be able to manage to vomit the kind of garbage you read, maybe they want the server to go to ****? Maybe it's because they are alliance losers? we will never know..

> not worth anymore.
    in your ******ed opinion

>warmane staff managed to kill most hyped privatserver ever within few months
    do you nost kiddies even know what the average pop on retail in wotlk was like? It was around 3k peak time. Just like in Lordaeron. I guess these days anything less than 5k is a dead realm to you..

>same with lk heroic still no changes idk what they are waiting for sadly theres still delusional people who raid weekly on this (once awesome) ape realm
    YOU are the delusional ***** that thinks 99% of the server has even seens LK hc and thinks that just because 1% players are burned out on LK hc the rest of server is too, or even cares about your 1%.

>so if you want to waste days of /played to lvl on a dead realm just to realize theres nobody raiding anyway then you can do that. if you actually want to play at max lvl go icecrown.
    Factually false. The dead realm think as been covered above in this reply already and the "nobody raiding part" is bull****. I see icc and toc and onyxia pugs all the time, fos pos hor farms all the time. Plenty of guilds recruiting to progress icc. Then again I'm on horde side so I don't know what the situation is like on the alliance side.

As for LaurensOP12:
    >It won't be fun though, unless you will enjoy doing 7 dungeons all over till 80 and then your life will be all about PoS farms..
    Who do you think you are to say that? Maybe to you leveling 1-80 without RDF is boring, well too bad, maybe other people enjoy it. In BC, vanilla and before 3.3 patch there wasn't RDF you know? And people still played wow back then! As for doing 7 dungeons all over? You do one dungeon once or twice for quests and move on. Simple as that. You can do every dungeon while leveling, just gotta fund group. How do you find group? You search on /who list for people around your level and ask them if they want to do the dungeon. Nobody wants to do you say? Keep on questing, simple as that. Its an rpg not a race to max level. If you don't enjoy the journey then Lordaeron may not be for you.

> and then your life will be all about PoS farms..
    You know, just because there is no RDF doesn't mean you can't do other hc dungeons right? You will find people wanting to run the different heroics if only for achievements. Now of course its faster to just do POS farms to gear up, but that's the same whether or not RDF exists. If you want a change of pace just form your group in global for a different dungeon, no need for rdf hand holding.

>Ofcourse there are people to play with, but not as many as it used to be. Still quite a few in the starting zones but the more you go up, the less people (except at 80)
    As it used to be it was very populated. Now its simply populated. Just the same amount an average retail realm had in wotlk before cross realm zones.

>Leveling below 80 through questing is 'easily' done but don't expect dungeons to be fun.
    Why wouldn't dungeons be fun? You mean the part when you have to look for people and actually drag your *** to the entrance portal of the instance? Well some people don't mind it others do, just don't think everyone shares your (wrong) opinion.

>The grind to find a group for the dungeon you already did 10 times
    If your speaking at low level then you don't make sense, since you don't do the same dungeon over and over while your leveling. Just once or twice for quests and you move on.
    If your speaking at max level then I've already covered this in the ">and then your life will be all about PoS farms.." quote.

>, hf <3 Peak pop is around 4k including bots.
    Just like it was back then on most servers <3

Now stop spewing crap and try being more positive. Just because the server has less people than it used to have it doesn't make it dead or not worth it.
    Of course it would be great if there were more people, but it hasn't reached a point where I would call it dead or even close to that.
    Maybe some measures could be taken to grow the server's population but this is not the thread to discuss that.

You essentially just told someone interested in playing the server not to, which goes against what you want which is the server to be more populated. Then other people who are also interested will read your crap and then give up on starting on Lordaeron. And all just because some kids don't have it their way.

/rant

6. Try Icecrown you wont regret it... that server at least feels alive

7. I don't know what LaurensOP12 and rumbleshotz did to be able to manage to vomit the kind of garbage you read, maybe they want the server to go to ****? Maybe it's because they are alliance losers? we will never know..

> not worth anymore.
    in your ******ed opinion

>warmane staff managed to kill most hyped privatserver ever within few months
    do you nost kiddies even know what the average pop on retail in wotlk was like? It was around 3k peak time. Just like in Lordaeron. I guess these days anything less than 5k is a dead realm to you..

>same with lk heroic still no changes idk what they are waiting for sadly theres still delusional people who raid weekly on this (once awesome) ape realm
    YOU are the delusional ***** that thinks 99% of the server has even seens LK hc and thinks that just because 1% players are burned out on LK hc the rest of server is too, or even cares about your 1%.

>so if you want to waste days of /played to lvl on a dead realm just to realize theres nobody raiding anyway then you can do that. if you actually want to play at max lvl go icecrown.
    Factually false. The dead realm think as been covered above in this reply already and the "nobody raiding part" is bull****. I see icc and toc and onyxia pugs all the time, fos pos hor farms all the time. Plenty of guilds recruiting to progress icc. Then again I'm on horde side so I don't know what the situation is like on the alliance side.

As for LaurensOP12:
    >It won't be fun though, unless you will enjoy doing 7 dungeons all over till 80 and then your life will be all about PoS farms..
    Who do you think you are to say that? Maybe to you leveling 1-80 without RDF is boring, well too bad, maybe other people enjoy it. In BC, vanilla and before 3.3 patch there wasn't RDF you know? And people still played wow back then! As for doing 7 dungeons all over? You do one dungeon once or twice for quests and move on. Simple as that. You can do every dungeon while leveling, just gotta fund group. How do you find group? You search on /who list for people around your level and ask them if they want to do the dungeon. Nobody wants to do you say? Keep on questing, simple as that. Its an rpg not a race to max level. If you don't enjoy the journey then Lordaeron may not be for you.

> and then your life will be all about PoS farms..
    You know, just because there is no RDF doesn't mean you can't do other hc dungeons right? You will find people wanting to run the different heroics if only for achievements. Now of course its faster to just do POS farms to gear up, but that's the same whether or not RDF exists. If you want a change of pace just form your group in global for a different dungeon, no need for rdf hand holding.

>Ofcourse there are people to play with, but not as many as it used to be. Still quite a few in the starting zones but the more you go up, the less people (except at 80)
    As it used to be it was very populated. Now its simply populated. Just the same amount an average retail realm had in wotlk before cross realm zones.

>Leveling below 80 through questing is 'easily' done but don't expect dungeons to be fun.
    Why wouldn't dungeons be fun? You mean the part when you have to look for people and actually drag your *** to the entrance portal of the instance? Well some people don't mind it others do, just don't think everyone shares your (wrong) opinion.

>The grind to find a group for the dungeon you already did 10 times
    If your speaking at low level then you don't make sense, since you don't do the same dungeon over and over while your leveling. Just once or twice for quests and you move on.
    If your speaking at max level then I've already covered this in the ">and then your life will be all about PoS farms.." quote.

>, hf <3 Peak pop is around 4k including bots.
    Just like it was back then on most servers <3

Now stop spewing crap and try being more positive. Just because the server has less people than it used to have it doesn't make it dead or not worth it.
    Of course it would be great if there were more people, but it hasn't reached a point where I would call it dead or even close to that.
    Maybe some measures could be taken to grow the server's population but this is not the thread to discuss that.

You essentially just told someone interested in playing the server not to, which goes against what you want which is the server to be more populated. Then other people who are also interested will read your crap and then give up on starting on Lordaeron. And all just because some kids don't have it their way.

/rant
    You and I will have a chat once you are off your period

8. Depends a bit on the guild you want to join. As for dungeons you won't find a group that much faster as a heal/tank. Play what you'll enjoy for now.

For raids (pugs) you'll see they eventually need anything. Nothing real particuallary. Btw if you read the comment of the butthurt, check the last few lines.. You can read that he finds it more important to ignore things and give new players a wrong idea just so they join.

9. >You and I will have a chat once you are off your period
    Alright, I'll be more civil. Just that it really bothers me seeing the same "lol ded realm go play icecrown xD" trite all over the Lordaeron forum.

>Depends a bit on the guild you want to join. As for dungeons you won't find a group that much faster as a heal/tank. Play what you'll enjoy for now.
    For raids (pugs) you'll see they eventually need anything. Nothing real particuallary.
    Good, no hyperbole here and actual facts.

>Btw if you read the comment of the butthurt, check the last few lines.. You can read that he finds it more important to ignore things and give new players a wrong idea just so they join.
    Don't put words in my mouth. What you both said is too exaggerated, from my point of view you both are the ones giving a wrong idea of the server, not me. And what I meant with the last few lines was that people like you both being overly pessimistic do more harm than good, including shooting yourselves in the foot.

>exatb are you even lvl80 yet?
    I am.

By the way, yes I am buthurt over your attitude. But so are you (about the server not being how you want it to be) seeing from the tone of both of your posts.

10. i actually got lv 80 2 weeks ago and so far love the server way more then icecrown where 90% of population is icc hc geared and have SM.3-4k pick time is actually really good no idea why people say its dead server since most other WOTLK private servers are up and running with 1-2k pop atmost.

11. Dont even bother, this realm is just another of these "progressive" experiments that never works, i dont know why they keep trying those, i feel like i wasted time lvling in lordaeron lol.

just go to icecrown instead.

12. It is a great realm, but like I tell everyone... World of Warcraft is only what you make of it for yourself at this point in the present time of life lol. On any expansion. Also I'm pretty sure that premium accounts bypass the population counter on the website..

13. Come enjoy the real World of Warcraft, where careful planning, masterful leadership and real effort always pay. What? You wanted a faceroll? You wanted to play with the kids and their toys? You're fed up having your *** spanked by LK? Loardaeron is not for you then.
    I don't understand all this biased talk about Lordaeron. If you don't like the server anymore, if you think it has let you down, it is dying, it was ruined and all that gig, you can leave. Nobody is forcing you here. Nobody wants your opinion, especially if it's just a deterrent to newcomers. When you create a character on Lordaeron and log in the server, the first thing you are told is that Lordaeron is a 1x server with disable dungeon finder and hardcore raiding. And that's what it is, no fraud. Why would you be angry about something you knew all along?

Now, I don't speak for everyone of course, and my rather short experience in WoW compared to most weighs my opinion down, but boy am I having and have I had the time of my life playing a game that is not bull****ting me and goes like "step up or **** off". I don't care if you don't want a challenge, I do.

14. >Dont even bother, this realm is just another of these "progressive" experiments that never works, i dont know why they keep trying those, i feel like i wasted time lvling in lordaeron lol.

Low effort dissing.. but I'll bite. In what way has this " "progressive" experiments" not worked? Care to define your standards of "not working"?. Care to put more effort in justifying your (bad) opinion?

>i feel like i wasted time lvling in lordaeron lol.
    that's too bad, but you don't speak for everyone as not everyone shares your views. So instead of polluting peoples' screens with stuff like: " just go to icecrown instead. " you'd do better to just refrain from posting.

@vicnorris
    >is it funny to be 1hour finding a group and 30m going to a raid?
    For the 30m raid part that's irrelevant as there is no RDF equivalent to raids in wotlk. For the 1hour dungeon part, your exaggerating way too much. Maybe you play offpeak, but in any remotely relevant dungeons (aka lvl80 stuff) I never wasted any more than 10 minutes finding a group. And for the actually relevant dungeons never more than 5 minutes (stuff like icc dungeons and their respective heroics and daily hc). If your talking about 1hour wait time for finding a group for a dungeon while leveling, that may be true. I didn't feel it when I was leveling since I played with friends so we always had a group. But you know, you don't have to do dungeons while leveling. That 1hour wait time is just because you want it (you want to dungeons that you don't need to).

As for the rest of your post I agree, personally I don't really care if Lordaeron gets RDF or not, either way is fine for me.

>they just want to play, have fun, no strings attached. The less boring the game is, the more players will play.
    well... I do agree that most people probably feel that way, but WoW is an MMORPG (emphasis on the RPG part) not a solo queue type game that apparently nowadays people want wow to be. So what I mean to say is that at core wow wasn't designed to be the way people want it to be in 2017.

12 Last