1. Battlegrounds and pvp in general is just a massive joke

Even with the honor gear, you feel like the most unstuffed man on the planet. you hardly survive against anyone for more than 2 or 3 seconds, you get stomped hard all the time
    Shadowmorne is the most common weapon within the allys
    When you tag for a battleground in the horde, you're most likely to get a 1vs5 or 2vs6 in the middle of a losing match...

It doesnt feel balanced at all, I wish I could see the winrates

Edit: I'm in the icecrown realm
    Edited: August 31, 2017

2. By honor gear I guess u mean the furious gladiator gear.
    U need to stack resilience gems in that gear until u have, depending on ur class, at least 1k -1200 resilience.
    Edited: September 1, 2017

3. Even with the honor gear, you feel like the most unstuffed man on the planet. you hardly survive against anyone for more than 2 or 3 seconds, you get stomped hard all the time
    When you tag for a battleground in the horde, you're most likely to get a 1vs5 or 2vs6 in the middle of a losing match...

Edit: I'm in the icecrown realm
    anything under 1k-1,2k res is paper.my paladin have SM and 5/5 WF,but my off parts are PVE so i am only around 700 res and i get almost 1 shot in bgs.on other hand i also can 1 shot someone so its not that bad.
    as for SM been most common weapon,well server is so old by now everyone have it from raiding or via shop...honestly w/o SM there is no point to PVP on plate class.

4. anything under 1k-1,2k res is paper.my paladin have SM and 5/5 WF,but my off parts are PVE so i am only around 700 res and i get almost 1 shot in bgs.on other hand i also can 1 shot someone so its not that bad.
    as for SM been most common weapon,well server is so old by now everyone have it from raiding or via shop...honestly w/o SM there is no point to PVP on plate class.
    So there's no way to compete in the 2v2 arena and get better stuff since everyone has SM. how fun

5. So there's no way to compete in the 2v2 arena and get better stuff since everyone has SM. how fun
    Nonsense.
    SM is strong but its not as overpowered as u think.
    The base dmg is the same like from Oathbinder and Glorenzelg hc. What makes SM better is the proc which is comparable to a free BoM buff.

When a BiS geared ret or warrior with Oathbinder/Glorenzelg attacks u, he will also roflstomp u in ur low resilience gear. Ull hardly feel the difference to SM.

When u check the 2s ladder ull also find many top rated teams w/o SM.

6. Nonsense.
    The base dmg is the same like from Oathbinder and Glorenzelg hc. What makes SM better is the proc which is comparable to a free BoM buff.

When a BiS geared ret or warrior with Oathbinder/Glorenzelg attacks u, he will also roflstomp u in ur low resilience gear. Ull hardly feel the difference to SM.

^this.

the fun part of it is that when you go against player with sm, you think like omg stupid sm, it does sht load of damage.
    but when you have sm, you dont feel that big of a diff.

7. Aside of strenght buff you get, SM also do 2k shadow dmg.on top of that sm have more base str then glorenzelg + higher base weapon dmg because its slower weapon.all this adds up making it way better then glorenzelg.

can you push rating with Glorenzelg?sure you will never be top but you get some high rating.but to get glorenzelg you still need LK 25hc or coins so...the point still stay,new players need to prepare to get rekts in PVP for very very long time until/if they catch up with gear.

8. Aside of strenght buff you get, SM also do 2k shadow dmg.on top of that sm have more base str then glorenzelg + higher base weapon dmg because its slower weapon.all this adds up making it way better then glorenzelg.

can you push rating with Glorenzelg?sure you will never be top but you get some high rating.but to get glorenzelg you still need LK 25hc or coins so...the point still stay,new players need to prepare to get rekts in PVP for very very long time until/if they catch up with gear.
    New players always get rekt by BiS players, no matter if Smourne exist or not. If Smourne wasn't available the newbies would get globaled by opponents with Oathbinder/Glorenzelg hc.
    I don't see how Smourne is more of a problem to newbies than any other end game item that can be accquired in the store.

9. New players always get rekt by BiS players, no matter if Smourne exist or not. If Smourne wasn't available the newbies would get globaled by opponents with Oathbinder/Glorenzelg hc.
    I don't see how Smourne is more of a problem to newbies than any other end game item that can be accquired in the store.
    Shadowmourne deals almost 10% more dmg in PvP compared to oathbinder and has much higher burst potential.

The difference between Shadowmourne and oathbinder is HUGE.

I would never ever lose arms+holy mirror with shadowmourne vs oathbinder.

Yes there is huge difference but it doesnt mean it shouldnt exist.

Look at other classes with bis gear.

Warlock can wear 1400 resil and still be able to oneshot anybody thanks to the trinket procs.

Rogue can kill anything in dance.

Hunter hitting chimeras for 50% of your HP.

Mage with 1k+ haste can cast sheep faster then you can bash.

Feral hitting 14k crits on targets with 1100 resil and 15k armor etc.

Some classes are way more busted even without Shadowmourne

10. Nonsense.

here's some non sense for you
    http://imgur.com/a/zxuWI
    most game, i mean 99.999999999% battlegrounds I played are grave camps.
    And teams comps are complete randomness against premades

I really wish i could see the winrates for the battlegrounds, I bet it could be some 80%/20%

11. Shadowmourne deals almost 10% more dmg in PvP compared to oathbinder and has much higher burst potential.

The difference between Shadowmourne and oathbinder is HUGE.
    I highly doubt that it's a 10% dmg increasement. More like 5-7%.

Still, I don't see how Smourne affects the game play of the OP in any way.
    He is a newbie who wants to gear up in BGs and low rated Arena. He will get globaled by well geared players, no matter if they have Smourne or not.

Smourne might become a problem when u play 2s arena on +2.2k because thats when every small advantage over ur enemy starts to matter.
    Only a small minority plays on such a high rating and such a high rating is also not required to get gear.

honestly w/o SM there is no point to PVP on plate class.
    Sorry but such statements are just complete nonsense and give newcomers a wrong image of the game.
    U can easily dominate in BG or Arena with other HC weapons when playing a plate class.
    U can use Oathbinder hc as a arms warr, Glorenzelg hc as a ret or bryntroll hc as a DK.
    Smourne is not mandatory as a melee, lol.

12. Sorry but such statements are just complete nonsense and give newcomers a wrong image of the game.
    U can easily dominate in BG or Arena with other HC weapons when playing a plate class.
    U can use Oathbinder hc as a arms warr, Glorenzelg hc as a ret or bryntroll hc as a DK.
    Smourne is not mandatory as a melee, lol.
    you can do well but will never dominate in arena.i actually do have shadowmoure on my ret and the dmg is just insane.
    you need to kill LK 25 hc to get any of this weapons,if you can do that there is pretty good chance you can also get SM.but there is literally no chance for new players to kill LK hc any time soon,it will take months.and if you not interested in serious raiding and only wanna PVP it will never happen.the only other option is to buy your gear with coins.if you cant well i wish you good luck with t1 wrathful vs sm or other 284 ilv weapons....this is the real image of the server(not the game as you said).that guy who start the thread,this will be his PVP exp will be for next months or forever unless he get some coins.
    healer classes and CC classes such as mage and rogue can get away with lower gear but plate dps....no way.

13. The difference between Shadowmourne and oathbinder is HUGE.
    Really? Oh Gosh, I'm pretty sure you will jump from 50th up to top 3 if you play with Shadowmourne instead of Oathbinder/Glorenzelg hc.

Even with the honor gear, you feel like the most unstuffed man on the planet. you hardly survive against anyone for more than 2 or 3 seconds, you get stomped hard all the time

The thing is, server's too old. 70% of the entire playerbase, let's suppose, is BiS geared. If you queue solo for battlegrounds within this condition, the result speaks for itself, and you as a newcomer (I don't know your GS but I get the impression that it isn't too high), your performance won't be so shinny.
    Both sides do suffer from this a lot.

14. Really? Oh Gosh, I'm pretty sure you will jump from 50th up to top 3 if you play with Shadowmourne instead of Oathbinder/Glorenzelg hc.
    You wouldnt be saying this if you played 200 mirrors each season for top 10.

5-10% might be not much on paper. When you have constant pressure and your target never gets toped it can add up to 10k hp difference between those 2 weapons. Not to mention the burst potential you get from higher max damage, 1k extra attack power and 2k damage proc.

Equally skilled players in mirrors should win 90/10 shadowmourne vs other HC weps.

15. I really wish i could see the winrates for the battlegrounds, I bet it could be some 80%/20%
    if you count whole day, not just peak times where alliance dominate, you would end up at something as 60/40 +-. after peak time ends, from like 9-10pm ST, its horde who rofl stomp most bgs.

123 ... Last