1. New and have a couple of questions

Hi everyone:

I'm just starting on Warmane after a long break from retail WoW (never did Legion and only played a small amount of WoD).

First thing first, I will most likely have toons on both Horse and Alliance, but since it seems like PvP is currently in favour of Alliance, I will be starting off there. Also, while I probably won't write it in the questions themselves, they apply to both levelling and end-game (where applicable).

Note: I haven't decided between Ice Crown and Lordaeron.

My first question is, are you able to send stuff to alts on opposing factions? I know this wasn't available in retail and my hopes are low, but just curious.

Second question, how are Resto Druids here? My favourite time was in WotLK (right before Cata came out and changed everything) levelling a druid and doing some PvP end game. Resto Druids where almost unstoppable.

Third question, is there any preference for healers? I've read that there are quite a few Holy Paladins, so will probably stay away from that for the time being. What about the others?

Fourth question, are there any current class that is better for tanking? I've read that there are a lot of DK's out there right now, also a lot a Warriors but there was a mention of Warriors not working properly, does anyone know what this is in reference to? Besides that, are Druids a viable tank?

Quick note: while I know that for creating a character I should just go with whatever I feel like playing, I'm fairly comfortable (although may not be good with) most classes. I'm mostly asking out of curiosity as to how the classes stack against each other.

I think that is all of the questions I wasn't able to find answers for in the forums already. The forums are quite expansive and I may have just missed the answers to these, so I apologize if they have been answered before.

Thank you for your time,
    Edited: September 1, 2017

2. Hi everyone:

I'm just starting on Warmane after a long break from retail WoW (never did Legion and only played a small amount of WoD).

First thing first, I will most likely have toons on both Horse and Alliance, but since it seems like PvP is currently in favour of Alliance, I will be starting off there. Also, while I probably won't write it in the questions themselves, they apply to both levelling and end-game (where applicable).

Note: I haven't decided between Ice Crown and Lordaeron.

My first question is, are you able to send stuff to alts on opposing factions? I know this wasn't available in retail and my hopes are low, but just curious.

Second question, how are Resto Druids here? My favourite time was in WotLK (right before Cata came out and changed everything) levelling a druid and doing some PvP end game. Resto Druids where almost unstoppable.

Third question, is there any preference for healers? I've read that there are quite a few Holy Paladins, so will probably stay away from that for the time being. What about the others?

Fourth question, are there any current class that is better for tanking? I've read that there are a lot of DK's out there right now, also a lot a Warriors but there was a mention of Warriors not working properly, does anyone know what this is in reference to? Besides that, are Druids a viable tank?

Quick note: while I know that for creating a character I should just go with whatever I feel like playing, I'm fairly comfortable (although may not be good with) most classes. I'm mostly asking out of curiosity as to how the classes stack against each other.

I think that is all of the questions I wasn't able to find answers for in the forums already. The forums are quite expansive and I may have just missed the answers to these, so I apologize if they have been answered before.

Thank you for your time,
    The answers are for icecrown, idk about lordaeron. if you want answers from lordaeron, you might want to post this elsewhere.

1. nope, not sure about heirlooms, some1 maybe will clarify, but i think you cant.

2. for pve they are good, most want them in their raids, in 25man even 2 are taken.
    As for pvp, you wont get far in 2v2, idk maybe some will disagree, but from what ive seen, its not too viable, sure 2.2k, going higher is alot harder than with other classes. for bgs and wpvp you will most likely be top healer.

3. every healer is welcome and viable, its not that there are alot of paladins, same goins for disco priests, you dont want more than 1 in your raid but 1 is essencial. there is alot of everything tbh. its an old realm afterall.

4. worrior is a paper tank no matter how you look at it. there are alot of palaidins as in wotlk, they are best tanks. there are kinda fair amount of warriors as its considered most fun to tank with, but it honestly is a paper, and most leaders shy away from them. DK/bears come in middle. plus, you can have 2x paladin tanks, but you cant have 2x dk or 2x warrs, basicly 1 prot paladin is a must. not for everything but for most.

All i wrote here is my personal opinion, alot of things are still arguable, but thats the idea you will aventually come to after you played here for awhile.

3. 1. nope, not sure about heirlooms, some1 maybe will clarify, but i think you cant..
    You CAN send heirlooms to the other faction if it's on the same account.

You can't mail other items or gold with the heirlooms. It used to be possible to mail gold with looms but not anymore.

4. Thank you for your responses. I never did much arena. Preferred just doing normal battlegrounds (super casual player). Sad to hear about warriors being paper, they were fun to tank with (loved the mobility). Will probably still end up making one at some point. Is there much differences between the races at this point? I know people tend to say hi with humans for anything for PvP. But are there any other racials that are liked for either PvE or PvP (I always loved shadowmeld and cannibalism)