1. Maybe you two clowns can team up with your shields and stuff... ^_^

Still waiting for the reply, until then, if a forum moderator or the OP sees this, please lock this thread, cause stupid people are starting to gather around, and it's annoying. I'm not playing arenas on the priest cause it's garbage, point blank period, and I'll happily prove it to you any time you wish. I've presented my arguments, and they're all valid, whereas you've done nothing, so at this point, it'll be the last time I ask you nicely to leave this thread if you're not going to contribute to it.

Regards,
    Bear
    You probably wanted to say you don't play arenas on the priest because you are garbage with that class. Talking how priests are bad and it's a free arena win when you play vs them.. And you didn't even pass 1550 rating..keep it up.. You just need to bark less.

2. Yes, PURGING, REALLY. Liqht is my priest, who was holy / disc at first, but because of the utter uselessness of the 2 specs, he is resting in shadow spec now.

Which makes me wonder, what's yours? Care for a 2v2 world PvP battle, so I can show you how useless you really are in first hand?

Don't reply back to the thread unless you're replying with a time and a location when and where you want the 2v2 to take place. I'll bring my resto shaman, you bring your disco priest. I'll show you the power of purges, and I'll show you you'll get melted without any dampening whatsoever.

Kind regards.

Bear
    2v2 World PvP. Lol. This scenario of yours is really hard for me to imagine. You would be purging me all the time and your dps guy on me. You expect my dps guy to just stand there and watch or what ? You're also assuming I'll be standing at one place and not running around objects blocking your and your partner's LoS. Even if I dont do that you'd have to cast a purge at every GCD and I still wont be out of mana because dispelling the shield will instantly refund me my mana. Purge all you want, I'll just have the shield back up almost instantly. Any brained priest would also shield up followed immediately by a renew to block shield purge.

3. Greetings everyone.

So after seeing that in horde BG's ain't much healers I've decided to level up one but don't know which one. I'm choosing between MW monks, resto shamans and holy/disc priest. So my question is wich class is most suited for bg's and 2's. And maybe someone could tell me pros and cons of each class in those aspects?

Thank's in advance.
    I think priest has a lot to bring to the table. Barrier, swap, grip, shell, aoe fear, psyfiend, good damage, the heals arent bad either. Try to do the shield>penane for 3 stacks of grace>PoM and then flash of light if needed. Or penance for grace, PoM for the holy spark set bonus buff, inner focus heal will always top someone. Not much for AoE healing besides prayer of healing, and cascade (cascade) are about it. Outside of bgs use divine star, if you get kicked on flash of light, you can still use divine star. Faking people with spectral guise is fun. Run one way, guise, switch directions, have fun watching people guess where you went. The main reason I switched to priest is because of Shadow Word Death. Deathing scatter, blind, PoM poly is fun and adds a whole new challenge to the game. Gearing up is hell tho, id suggest going shadow for that.

4. I think priest has a lot to bring to the table. Barrier, swap, grip, shell, aoe fear, psyfiend, good damage, the heals arent bad either. Try to do the shield>penane for 3 stacks of grace>PoM and then flash of light if needed. Or penance for grace, PoM for the holy spark set bonus buff, inner focus heal will always top someone. Not much for AoE healing besides prayer of healing, and cascade (cascade) are about it. Outside of bgs use divine star, if you get kicked on flash of light, you can still use divine star. Faking people with spectral guise is fun. Run one way, guise, switch directions, have fun watching people guess where you went. The main reason I switched to priest is because of Shadow Word Death. Deathing scatter, blind, PoM poly is fun and adds a whole new challenge to the game. Gearing up is hell tho, id suggest going shadow for that.
    You forgot the most important part. Mind Controlling people and walking them off cliffs then doing a /bye with smug satisfaction.

5. You forgot the most important part. Mind Controlling people and walking them off cliffs then doing a /bye with smug satisfaction.
    And the glyph of confession.

6. Purge all you want, I'll just have the shield back up almost instantly. Any brained priest would also shield up followed immediately by a renew to block shield purge.
    And any brained shaman will let you do that and drain your complete mana within 3 minutes. Good job mate, you just managed to counter yourself. :)

Wasting dat mana like a true manaking!

7. And any brained shaman will let you do that and drain your complete mana within 3 minutes. Good job mate, you just managed to counter yourself. :)

Wasting dat mana like a true manaking!
    And any brained priest won't just stand still and let shaman purge him. And his partner also will do something. And there are like 5 spells/passives all the time on priest, so gl dispelling mobile, priest that use line of sight,..and there is also cc on you or someone is nuking you..Yesss keep spaming purge.
    Do you even know how arena works? Oh that's right, you don't, you are too pro to play it.
    That is why you probably meant that 2v2 world pvp battle in some clean arena where you can't use line of sight.
    Also priest can use Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend to restore mana, or even get some drinks if close to oom, just need good comunication with partner.
    Have fun in your purge land.
    Edited: September 5, 2017

8. I have previously commented in this thread expressing my opinion on shamans, druids and monks being the best healers in 5.4. This stands, however I'll also claim that Anqel is exaggerating quite a bit about priests being "oh so weak". Purging away all their shields just isn't a viable tactic in most encounters seeing as they get refreshed quite regularly, and you'll usually be burning through at least *some* trashbuffs before getting to the good stuff, so for most dps specs capable of purging it's more viable to spend the resources on damaging the shields down as opposed to trying to purge them in my opinion.
    I've never played a shaman healer myself, but I'd imagine that spamming purge 2-3 times every couple seconds (at least every 15 seconds I believe?) puts a strain on your mana that you'll get to notice rather quickly.

All that being said... even if a priest gets to play their shielding game to the max, I still think that they can't trump shamans, druids or monks. Topping someone off certainly is their greatest weakness / shortcoming.

9. I have previously commented in this thread expressing my opinion on shamans, druids and monks being the best healers in 5.4. This stands, however I'll also claim that Anqel is exaggerating quite a bit about priests being "oh so weak".

I'll admit it, I am over exaggerating, and I'm doing it quite a bit, but I am doing it because these people just wont get it...

Look, priests are the weakest PvP healers this patch. Enough said. They'll never do more HPS (shielding included) on a single person than a Paladin or a Shaman will, and they have little to no AoE (a balance druid has about the same level of AoE healing a holy / disco priest does), and they don't have the CC to make up for it (you're not seriously going to bring up that pesky fear when we're talking paladins with a 6 second stun...?)... Yes, they offer a lot of utility, and yes, they can be played, both of which I've mentioned 10 times already and it feels like I'm talking to a wall.

But at the end of the day, they are below the other healers at any way you look at it, be it healing per second, AoE healing capabilities, single target healing or crowd control. And even utility, cause shaman eats the priest alive with all the totems.

Also, I wasn't referring to the DPS purging. I was referring to the healer purging. Here's a scenario I was referring to, and this is the last time I'm going in detail to explain something, cause the majority of people on this thread are either trolls or lack the brainpower to comprehend things;

You are in a 2v2 arena - You're playing resto shaman / arms warr, they're playing disco priest / arms warr. (Note: I've used the same DPS class so it's easier to make my point, you can play whatever the hell you want as far as I'm concerned and the scenario will stay identically the same)

So, as we know their arms warrior is going to be shielded by the disco priest constantly. Now, there's 2 methods of approaching this; The first one, is the slower one, with which you just CC their DPS as a shaman, the arms warrior hits their arms warrior, but keeps his cooldowns up.

What you profit:
    a) The enemy arms warrior will pop cooldowns to provide pressure onto your team (most likely). You negate this by hexing him and rooting him, your arms warrior disengages at this point just to waste the other warrior's cooldowns. So, you profit having cooldowns, whereas the enemy doesn't. Strike one.

b) The disco priest has 2 options; he either shields the warrior, or he shields + purge protects the warrior (with renew and other spells, as you've mentioned). In the first case, his shielding wont be nowhere near enough to keep his partner alive, because a purge will delete the power word:shield instantly, with no cooldown whatsoever, whereas the priest will have to wait ~ 10 seconds to reuse it. (forgot the exact cooldown, and I really don't care about it). The second case, the priest will spam renews and other type of crap on the arms warrior just to purge protect. But that's what you want even more. That **** drains mana like mad. Don't purge him at all. Let him drain the mana. Simply cc his DPS and heal your DPS whenever you have to (and stop bull****ing me that you cant, cause Ive seen resto shaman crits in PvP go for 400k... Yes, from a single cast.) . Strike two.

So, now you've set up the advantage. Another thing you can do to counter a disco priest is swap whenever he shields someone. No purges needed then. There's always going to be one of the enemies shieldless, and that's the target you want to be bashing. After he shields himself, your DPS quickly swaps onto his DPS, pops cooldowns, you hex the enemy priest, and that's surely going to blow cooldowns. If it doesn't, there's a dead warrior on the floor, and it's not your partner.

Now, for the last time.

Dispelable shields that can only be used on one person at once are NOT a viable form of PvP healing. Get it? NOT.

And any other healer can **** on Priest's forms of crowd control for all I care.

And about the passives you've mentioned. What passives? Passives cannot be purged, don't be silly. I believe you were talking about buffs? Big deal, there's 2 of them in a 2v2 match (one from priest and one from warr), sometimes even 1. As if that makes a difference? Also, these things are purged LAST, and if there's a Power word: shield, it's going to be dispeled before the stamina buff will be. And please don't tell me you were actually thinking about wasting globals in arena to cast buffs? >_> Like, add in the rotation casting buffs, just cause #PurgeProtect? Come on lol. I've seen it all now.

And fyi, priests are the least desirable healers in battlegrounds aswell. Every team has a holy paladin for the purpose of single target healing (flagger, melee cleaves, etc...), and a combination of druid/shaman/monk for AoE healing. Holy priests have close to 0 AoE (they got alot of spells, but they're all crap and heal for ~20k each, no thanks mate), and don't get me even started on the discos. Also a holy priest has few ways of keeping a target alive under alot of pressure, all he does is cast, or pray for <Surge of Light> proccs, which really isnt very smart.

Stop closing your eyes kids, priests are the wurst.

Regards,
    Bear

10. And about the passives you've mentioned. What passives? Passives cannot be purged, don't be silly. I believe you were talking about buffs? Big deal, there's 2 of them in a 2v2 match (one from priest and one from warr), sometimes even 1. As if that makes a difference? Also, these things are purged LAST, and if there's a Power word: shield, it's going to be dispeled before the stamina buff will be. And please don't tell me you were actually thinking about wasting globals in arena to cast buffs? >_> Like, add in the rotation casting buffs, just cause #PurgeProtect? Come on lol. I've seen it all now.

Bear
    Body and Soul passive or Angelic Feather, Borrowed Time passive, Archangel, Prayer of Mending, Renew, Inner Focus (after casting it you become immune to dispel effects for 5s), Power Word : Shield, Power Word : Fortitude, Fear Ward. All those can be dispelled. And at least 5 of passives/spells/buffs are on priest all the time, so don't think it's sooo easy to dispel shields.
    And about that arena part, since it was coming from you it was not even worth of reading.

11. Angelic Feather, Prayer of Mending, Renew, Power Word : Shield, Power Word : Fortitude, Fear Ward.
    I can't believe you think renew is a passive ability, and here I am losing my precious time talking to you. I'm done with you, you're being ignored from this moment on.

Regards,
    Bear

12. I can't believe you think renew is a passive ability, and here I am losing my precious time talking to you. I'm done with you, you're being ignored from this moment on.

Regards,
    Bear
    ˝Body and Soul passive or Angelic Feather, Borrowed Time passive¨ Read whole post, it's short text, easy to read, not some stupid wall of text like you are writing.. i did even put passive on 2 ability's which can be dispelled and never said renew is a passive abillity. But i see you can't even read good, or you can only see what you want to see. Yes boy, run to your purge land. :D

13. Thanks for all advices but still I leveled up a monk.

It bit off topic but can somebody suggest or invite mr to active PvP guild on horde side?

14. So much trash talk about priests when on some private servers holy priest is r1 healer in 2v2 and 3v3. It is all matter of skill , communication and your partner. End of convo!

15. Thanks for all advices but still I leveled up a monk.

It bit off topic but can somebody suggest or invite mr to active PvP guild on horde side?
    I don't actually play horde all that much anymore, but if you're looking to join a hardcore PvP guild, I definitely suggest you look up someone from <Myriad> and ask them to join in. They wont let you down, they're hands down the strongest PvP guild on horde side atm, and definitely amongst top 3 PvP guilds on the server (especially as far as rated battlegrounds go).

That being said, <Devastation> is always an option, though I don't really value them much. I'd rather join a PvX guild with some PvPers in it than them honestly. But do as you please, <Devastation> are surely very active, and they can definitely pack a punch, but some of the players in the guild just slack around. That's the only problem I see with it. Other than that, do join them, they're active and have some very, very skilled players amongst their ranks.

If you're into a PvX guild, <League of Explorers> is always recruiting, and they (we)'ll be happy to have you in! However, you have to know that there are few PvPers in it, it's mostly a leveling guild. But definitely a great community amongst which you'll always find company for whatever it is you plan on doing. ^_^

If you happen to join the alliance, <Stormborn> is the way to go! Up the dragons!

Enjoy your monk, and if you need any help, just let me know. These days I'm not that active in-game cause of work, but you can always hit me up on the forums or whatever, and I'll do my best to help out ^.^

Good choice btw.

Regards and best of luck!

Bear

First 123