1. @Bear
    The critical put shield is in from of divine aegis for disco. Disco priest cannot crit with heal, but the "crit" portion heal is become absorbtion buff named divine aegis. And as disco divine aegis could do more than 40% of ur healing which is significant. The problem with disco in arena is after like 30% dampening (which is common on heal + dps vs heal + dps matchup, especially if both team play like potato) is hard to top ppl up.

The main issue priest have IMO (especially disco) is just OOM. Even running with alot of spirit (14k+) still oom so fast especially if we dot and purge alot.
    So for armor wise @550 full pvp gear:
    1. Hpal 59k +-56% reduction
    2. Rsham 49k +-52% reduction
    3. Priest 26k +-37% reduction
    4. Rdru 21k +-31% reduction (all form except bear) and 46k +-49%reduction (as bear)
    5. MW 21k +-31% reduction

But armor means nothing since some healer (especially druid and mw) have stupid mobility compared to other, so more run = less hit taken. And some comp complement each other good like feral+holy, rsham+afflock. If you have good friend to play with you, you can match his playstyle and class.

For monk chi generation we can use expel harm on cd as chi generator, using renewing mist on cd, coupled with chi brew, proper positioning, and interrupt juking i didnt find generating chi is a big problem.

And no one mention or suggest hpal.....sad. They can go r1(and someone did it) plus denounce is annoying since alot of class rely on crit.

2. That's nature's swiftness, or NS for short :)
    Nature's grasp is the "hit me and get rooted" variant.

You're indeed correct mate, my bad, I keep mixing those 2 up, just as I mix up typhoon and hurricane lol...

Only real weakness of MW in my opinion is the fact that their main chi generator is channelled and doesn't allow them to move while channelling. On the plus side, it turns some of your casted spells into instant casts while you're channelling.
    Still, not too big of a weakness the way I see it, because the healing spheres make monks practically invincible as long as they have mana, and you can clear yourself of melee attackers very easily with the ring of peace. You also have a coccoon to sit through the pesky silences and stuns, not to mention your passive which is ridiculously strong against anything with a stun, and forces rogues to change their opener a little. At the end of the day, I'd say mw monks are the hardest to pin down of all the healers, and will stay alive by far the longest of all when focused hard, just because of the healing spheres, the easily placed cc and the mobility.

It is true however, you do get interrupted a whole ton as a mistweaver monk, cause you're practically casting 24/7. But you have mechanics to play around that.

@Bear
    The critical put shield is in from of divine aegis for disco. Disco priest cannot crit with heal, but the "crit" portion heal is become absorbtion buff named divine aegis. And as disco divine aegis could do more than 40% of ur healing which is significant.
    Yes, but that is a passive ability, and not mastery, and is therefore not affected by you stacking mastery in any way. Also, I don't get it how you don't see that as a major weakness in PvP? >_< Divine Aegis is DISPELABLE, and if 40% of your healing can be dispeled within the blink of an eye, we already know where you're going. You're going to the lowest rank of PvP viability. (and honestly, your power word: shield can also be dispeled, so we're moving from 40% to about 70% if not 80, so yeah... You're effectively healing for 20% your potential with a disco priest in PvP against anyone who has any brainpower to purge stuff off you).

@Bear
    And no one mention or suggest hpal.....sad. They can go r1(and someone did it) plus denounce is annoying since alot of class rely on crit.
    Oh but I did. I mentioned holy paladins and I also mentioned they are a requirement for any serious RBG team, but the OP clearly doesnt show much interest in playing a holy paladin (as he specified for us to compare a priest, a shaman and a monk) and also, holy paladins arent that well-rounded if you ask me. They excel at healing smaller encounters, like 2v2s, 3v3s (cleave comps), but in a bigger fight, e.g. 7v7 fight in a battleground, your paladin will fall behind greatly, because they have weak AoE. They're alot more situational than most others, that's why I'd honestly stay away from the paladin, even if the OP included it in his post. Obviously he wants something well-rounded and easy to take on in battlegrounds and arenas. If that's not a mistweaver monk, then it's nothing.

I do agree with you, passive defenses (from armor, etc) are completely neglectable, which is also what I posted a bit earlier, and I also agree that mw monks don't generally have trouble generating chi. But I do again disagree with the main issue priests have is going oom.

Come on, priests' healing output in PvP is a joke this patch. The real issue with a priest is, he's not going to top you up in a fight where you're being focused by 2 people, ever. The disco priest's shields will get dispelled, and slowly but surely you're going to die, whereas the holy priest does not have enough HPS (heals per second) to keep you up through it, nowhere near it. I bet you anything a resto shaman does twice the HPS a holy priest does on a single target, and has a lot more utility through the totems. And has more "Oh ****!" buttons.

I normally see holy and disco priests lose their partner / die way before they run out of mana, because they just can't keep up with a proper healer. :/

I love priests, but this really isn't the patch to play a priest in PvP. Be honest and don't be biased please.

Regards,
    Bear

3. @bear
    I would correct you a bit on mastery interaction with divine aegis. It is increasing the amount of shield based on mastery, also DA cant be dispelled.
    For example you heal 100k, if "crit" it will heal 100k + 100k*mastery percentage (let say 40%). In the end you will heal 100k + 140k shield. Mastery stacking disco is so potent at disarming enemy burst, that is why ppl prefer mastery over crit for disco.
    About dispel....priest have ****load of "trash buff". This make pw:s dispelling isn't that easy and isn't direct counter to mastery stacking disco. But i do agree that divine aegis is kinda cancerous in high dampening match. Your heal will be so small that barely fill and divine aegis dropping (not enough damage to break, kiting, etc) will punish you and your mana very hard in that match.

PS: I didn't bias into priest....i like drood or sham more than that pesky priest....
    Edited: September 3, 2017

4. Idk, I've never had any trouble playing against a disco priest in the arenas, when I was healing. I generally considered it a free win.

You just have to know when there's a good purge opportunity, and you'll wear the disco priest down in no time. Slowly but steadily you'll see the enemy DPS drop in hp first to 80%, then to 50%, then 30%, and executed, because the disco priest will have a hard time topping him up.

Eventually the priest will change his and his DPS partner's hp percentages, and that point, the disco priest will 9 times out of 10 get one shot if your DPS knows the basics ot changing targets ^_^

Idk, I really feel like priests are super weak in this patch :p

But go ahead and make one, just dont say I didnt warn you!

Regards,
    Bear

5. Idk, I've never had any trouble playing against a disco priest in the arenas, when I was healing. I generally considered it a free win.

You just have to know when there's a good purge opportunity, and you'll wear the disco priest down in no time. Slowly but steadily you'll see the enemy DPS drop in hp first to 80%, then to 50%, then 30%, and executed, because the disco priest will have a hard time topping him up.

Eventually the priest will change his and his DPS partner's hp percentages, and that point, the disco priest will 9 times out of 10 get one shot if your DPS knows the basics ot changing targets ^_^

Regards,
    Bear
    Do you even play arenas here? Or only played on some super low rating?
    They are far away from being weak.
    Few seasons ago ele and disco were rank 1, few seasons before that mage and disco. I'm sure it's coz like you said priests are soooo bad...

6. Do you even play arenas here? Or only played on some super low rating?
    They are far away from being weak.
    Few seasons ago ele and disco were rank 1, few seasons before that mage and disco. I'm sure it's coz like you said priests are soooo bad...
    "few seasons ago"... First, learn to read, next, comment. Till you have nothing smart to add to the topic, stay away from it.

Regards,
    Bear

7. "few seasons ago"... First, learn to read, next, comment. Till you have nothing smart to add to the topic, stay away from it.

Regards,
    Bear
    Yes, few seasons ago, same patch..coz you mentioned before they are bad at this patch.
    If you are like complete scrub in arena or don't even play them, why are you even talking about how they are bad in arenas. And that you mighty Bear have free win when you see them in arena. That is just lol.

8. Yes, few seasons ago, same patch..coz you mentioned before they are bad at this patch.
    If you are like complete scrub in arena or don't even play them, why are you even talking about how they are bad in arenas. And that you mighty Bear have free win when you see them in arena. That is just lol.
    I sense alot of butthurt in you. :'D

Keep crying kid, you're gonna make it.

9. I sense alot of butthurt in you. :'D

Keep crying kid, you're gonna make it.
    Nah i see you only start insulting ppl when someone say something against you. How mature.
    Poor little guy :( You are probably kid in RL. At least i hope you are. :3

10. Nah i see you only start insulting ppl when someone say something against you. How mature.
    Poor little guy :( You are probably kid in RL. At least i hope you are. :3
    Hope whatever you wish to hope, I am pretty sure you're getting a forum ban for this. You come to the topic with nothing but insults, provide no feedback whatsoever on the OP, and still keep on spamming the thread. Shows how much of a life you have (hint: none).

All I provided was facts, if you don't like them, go somewhere else, or close the web browser (I can see that's very hard for you to do though), but don't post on a topic you have nothing to do with.

Now go outside and get some air mate, you need it badly.

Regards,
    Bear

11. Hope whatever you wish to hope, I am pretty sure you're getting a forum ban for this. You come to the topic with nothing but insults, provide no feedback whatsoever on the OP, and still keep on spamming the thread. Shows how much of a life you have (hint: none).

All I provided was facts, if you don't like them, go somewhere else, or close the web browser (I can see that's very hard for you to do though), but don't post on a topic you have nothing to do with.

Now go outside and get some air mate, you need it badly.

Regards,
    Bear
    Writing those walls of text actually show how low life you have so you need to spend lot of time to write all that on forum.
    So you are the one that need to go outside and get some air :( /pat

12. Idk, I've never had any trouble playing against a disco priest in the arenas, when I was healing. I generally considered it a free win.

Regards,
    Bear
    You sound like someone who never played an actual disco priest. IF you did so please link me your armory. Purging, really ? If you focus on purging priest buffs against any priest with half a brain, you'd be purging all game. Any half decent rdps with a Disco priests are utter cancer and the only way you would win would be pushing the fight over 60% dampening and that is IF you dont go OOM first.

P.S. :- Tone down the essay please.

13. You sound like someone who never played an actual disco priest. IF you did so please link me your armory. Purging, really ? If you focus on purging priest buffs against any priest with half a brain, you'd be purging all game. Any half decent rdps with a Disco priests are utter cancer and the only way you would win would be pushing the fight over 60% dampening and that is IF you dont go OOM first.

P.S. :- Tone down the essay please.
    Yes, PURGING, REALLY. Liqht is my priest, who was holy / disc at first, but because of the utter uselessness of the 2 specs, he is resting in shadow spec now.

Which makes me wonder, what's yours? Care for a 2v2 world PvP battle, so I can show you how useless you really are in first hand?

Don't reply back to the thread unless you're replying with a time and a location when and where you want the 2v2 to take place. I'll bring my resto shaman, you bring your disco priest. I'll show you the power of purges, and I'll show you you'll get melted without any dampening whatsoever.

Kind regards.

Bear

14. Oh this guy is funny. Just because he sucked at haling with priest means all other priest disci/holy players are bad. His logic.
    And that 2v2 world pvp battle, just lol. Just stand still and let him purge you for like 1h :D
    Oh now i remember, he is not playing arenas, or mybe is, just can't see from his armory that he reached 1550 at least.

15. Oh this guy is funny. Just because he sucked at haling with priest means all other priest disci/holy players are bad. His logic.
    And that 2v2 world pvp battle, just lol. Just stand still and let him purge you for like 1h :D
    Oh now i remember, he is not playing arenas, or mybe is, just can't see from his armory that he reached 1550 at least.
    Maybe you two clowns can team up with your shields and stuff... ^_^

Still waiting for the reply, until then, if a forum moderator or the OP sees this, please lock this thread, cause stupid people are starting to gather around, and it's annoying. I'm not playing arenas on the priest cause it's garbage, point blank period, and I'll happily prove it to you any time you wish. I've presented my arguments, and they're all valid, whereas you've done nothing, so at this point, it'll be the last time I ask you nicely to leave this thread if you're not going to contribute to it.

Regards,
    Bear

First 123 Last