1. Even more bots spotted. Come on Warmane, can't you give us any update on this?
    Right now, based on my own view of players per zone, the ratio of bots per 10 players is a freaking 6-7! It is disgusting!

2. What do you want to say, bro? The same sh1t I see everyday
    https://imgur.com/a/hL4HO

Bots exist as long as goldtraders exist.
    Lol, WTF?
    240 Large Prsimatic shards. Where the hell do u get so many blue items without abusing some bugged drop rates?
    And ofc its a low level char selling the items...
    Edited: September 6, 2017

3. Bots exist as long as goldtraders exist.
    Good thoughts. Most of botters doing it for $$, destroying the economy.

I also wanna post some key messages from another thread about botting.
    The thread was started with the offer to warmane on tools that could help to removing bots:

"Good evening.

During night+morning period of time every 2nd message is spam. I mean this messages: "Welcome to the web. 100g = 1$ Visit theirwebsite.com". Right-click on nickname to 'Report Spam', doesn't seem to work efficiently.
    Is it possible to:
    1. Implement Low level restriction for writing in global chat?
    2. Install the chat filter by keywords, which automatically bans spam bots?
    3. Give privileges to some players-moderators, who can manually ban people?"

And response of 'Mercy' - warmane's super moderator:
    "1. Already in place on other realms. Decided against it on TBC due to the slower nature of leveling.
    2. Already been done, numerous times. Which is why you see them type in weird looking text.
    3. Not going to happen."

So... Draw conclusions yourself about botting situation.
    Edited: September 6, 2017

4. May i ask something? A player i saw a low lvl druid, he was using 70 lvl druid by using their spells at the same time on mobs @ Orc farm in Arathi Highlands... Is this allowed? Can u use both character at the same time for fast leveling? İ opened a ticket about it... As fas as i know it is forbidden. Thanks

5. May i ask something? A player i saw a low lvl druid, he was using 70 lvl druid by using their spells at the same time on mobs @ Orc farm in Arathi Highlands... Is this allowed? Can u use both character at the same time for fast leveling? İ opened a ticket about it... As fas as i know it is forbidden. Thanks
    Using multiple characters at once is fine.
    And response of 'Mercy' - warmane's super moderator:
    "1. Already in place on other realms. Decided against it on TBC due to the slower nature of leveling.
    2. Already been done, numerous times. Which is why you see them type in weird looking text.
    3. Not going to happen."

So... Draw conclusions yourself about botting situation.
    As per this, we have recently put a system in place that mutes and bans chat bots. You may notice that chat is cleaner recently. We're taking measures against undesirable gameplay such as this. We just need to approach it in the correct manner.

6. Yep. Outland server is getting better and better. Less bots, spammers, healthy economy(due to the better botting situation on server) and peaceful multiboxers.

7. Just visited Azshara - 2 mins of fishing around beach saw 14 bots.

8. I saw like 30-50 bots get banned within like 2 minutes a few hours ago. So that should put a dent in the botting problem.

9. I saw like 30-50 bots get banned within like 2 minutes a few hours ago. So that should put a dent in the botting problem.
    Ofc you are right, mate, HUGE DENT, bots got smashed, I said almost the same words: "Outland server is getting better and better. Less bots, spammers, healthy economy(due to the better botting situation on server) and peaceful multiboxers."

10. yeah the bots i have found in terrokar are no more there, there is a bunch of chinese name player but don't know if they are bot as their behaviour are more erratic than other ones.

11. A lot of bots still at the Primal Mana farm areas in Netherstorm aswell as in the levling zones in Western The Barrens, Stonetalon, Desolace, Feralas and Silithus. They are getting less so keep up the good work Warmane.

12. Without applying new techniques in removing bots from the server, the situation will be the same and the amount of bots won't be less. Banning 30 bots a day wasn't effective 2month ago and led us to the situation we have now, it's not effective these days too.

13. Some ideas for fighting this plague:
    - keep statistics of killed mobs and then do db queries on which characters are grinding same mobs too much. Not sure how big of performance hit this would be, but in theory should be easiest way to spot grinders.
    - look at online time, there are bots running 24/7 that are still out there.
    - ban most common VPN services (80/20 rule probably applies here)
    - identify most common botting software and try to detect them via warden (very tricky, not sure how to fight anti-detection measures that some of these bots have).
    - assign GMs to patrol certain areas from time to time, since bots are almost always grinding same places. Every time fly over them, I always see like 3 bots grinding mobs.
    - implement some gold tracking measures and ban "main accounts" as well. I've heard from botters that had their bots banned, but mains untouched, even though all gold and items were mailed directly to main.

14. Some ideas for fighting this plague:
    - assign GMs to patrol certain areas from time to time, since bots are almost always grinding same places. Every time fly over them, I always see like 3 bots grinding mobs.
    - implement some gold tracking measures and ban "main accounts" as well. I've heard from botters that had their bots banned, but mains untouched, even though all gold and items were mailed directly to main.
    I think these ttwo ideas might be the best ones out of them all. Most bots appear in the same zones and in the same patterns so it should make it easy for patrolling GMs to spot them.
    I also think the gold one is obvious. If this is not yet done then please do so.

Edit: Include Winterspring in the checked zones aswell. Alarming amounts of druid levlers there.
    Edited: September 10, 2017

First 12345 ... Last