1. Hah. Two days ago I did a video submission of all those bots in Blades Edge! My ticket got answered yesterday so hopefully, they're gone now.
    Lately, I've been recording every bot I see. I will continue to make tickets but I wish I could just squash them faster!
    The problem is that they are so many and so spread out it would force you to spend 6 hours on average (at least that is what I concluded) if you are to (as a player) travel the zones yourself and find + fraps the bots. Which is not feasible in any way.
    No I shall see if something happens to the long list I have given to the GMs today but if not, I am out of here for Icecrown.

2. What if it had cost money to create an accaount? E.g. 10coins per account created. Would that slow them down? Would suck for new players, but I think the server would benefit from it.
    Remember I had to donate to avoid queues in Icecrown, and can't remember this bot plague over there.

3. The problem is complex and requires complex messures to succeed.
    The key messages of this thread that could help (In my opinion).

@Peregrine offered the following:
    "They should do some kind of channel/priority system to users.Thats easily monitored.
    Perhaps a special thread on Outland with name of person that is botting."

@Mr. Zerfsham had pretty handy ideas, that could, definetly, help the situation:
    "- keep statistics of killed mobs and then do db queries on which characters are grinding same mobs too much. Not sure how big of performance hit this would be, but in theory should be easiest way to spot grinders.
    - look at online time, there are bots running 24/7 that are still out there.
    - assign GMs to patrol certain areas from time to time, since bots are almost always grinding same places. Every time fly over them, I always see like 3 bots grinding mobs.
    - implement some gold tracking measures and ban "main accounts" as well. I've heard from botters that had their bots banned, but mains untouched, even though all gold and items were mailed directly to main."

Some info relating to chat spammers and botters was said by @AlexisIndesign:
    "1. Implement Low level restriction for writing in global chat?
    2. Install the chat filter by keywords, which automatically bans spam bots?
    3. Give previlegious to some players-moderators, who can manually ban people?"

4. I hope they don't do the mob statistics suggestion... I saw 4 feral bots grinding mobs in one spot, so I decided to try farming that spot myself. (Turns out it's REALLY GOOD).

I farmed the 4 feral bots for hours last week (ensuring they took as many dura hits, and used all of their food ASAP) + reported them. While farming them, the owners of these bots came to save the bots (Main names = Xiaoxiaojin and Sbboom, both alliance mages) so i reported them too + came on my main and camped them :D

The bots have been banned, but the mages haven't. I did the work of flushing out the mains, I really hope the Warmane staff cuts off the beast's head now.

5. Ye, do 10$ for a new account or x1 grinding exp rates for non-premium accounts.

6. Then we should contact to head admin directly.

7. Ye, do 10$ for a new account or x1 grinding exp rates for non-premium accounts.
    I like the idea of charging for an account. It would greatly deter the creation of bots as it would cost them money which they risk losing when they get caught.

8. There's no way they would ever consider charging for an account...

9. If they start charging for accs Blizz will shut them down. I mean why do you think private servers have to hid behind the word "donation"?

10. The bots named Adminiw, Despiseni and Kiikuu are farming freely nearby Area 52 for like a week or something.
    I'm sure they've been reported numerous times, including with video footage. Is there any particular reason they're not banned yet?

11. The bots named Adminiw, Despiseni and Kiikuu are farming freely nearby Area 52 for like a week or something.
    I'm sure they've been reported numerous times, including with video footage. Is there any particular reason they're not banned yet?
    I have reported Adminiw more than 3 weeks ago. So the fact that the bot is still up just shows how "efficient" this current system is.

12. I would not pay for an account. I do this for fun in my spare time. Also, I'm positive all kinds of legal stuff would come up for such a thing.

First ... 678