1. @zerfsham, these are all good ideas.
    not really, i used a vpn for a few days some months ago because i had better latency but then realized how it could backfire and stopped, so i would be banned in a banwave targetted at bots?

and there are other legit reasons to use vpns besides trying to min max your latency for pvp

2. Currently tons of druid bots in Silithus and Winterspring.

3. its actually very simple, just enable insta 70 that'll instantly delete all the levelling bots basically

4. I think these ttwo ideas might be the best ones out of them all. Most bots appear in the same zones and in the same patterns so it should make it easy for patrolling GMs to spot them.
    I also think the gold one is obvious. If this is not yet done then please do so.

Edit: Include Winterspring in the checked zones aswell. Alarming amounts of druid levlers there.
    gm dont have the time/will to play, let alone patrolling server 24/7

5. its actually very simple, just enable insta 70 that'll instantly delete all the levelling bots basically
    It solves nothing at all. The bots only level as they need to be lv 70 for their main purpose: Farm materiel.

@Asher: That might be the case, but unless you want people to do everything by botting (which is what this plague entises) come up with a better idea yourself instead of just stating bland comments.

6. gm dont have the time/will to play, let alone patrolling server 24/7
    They don't have to patrol 24/7 - it takes 5min to teleport and check typical botting spots. It would probably be even more efficient than reading 5 tickets about the same guy botting in one zone after another.

7. It's a beautiful morning here in Winterspring. Well if you sort aside the 18 druid bots that is.

Edit: And 30 bots in Silithus. No srsly this is just ...*Insert curse word here*.

2nd Edit: Please GMs/Warmane staff. All you basically need to do is to /who a few friggin' zones and look at the absurd amount of druids with names like Dgshs or Ewolkagf - you can detect the bloody bots just by looking at their names!
    Edited: September 11, 2017

8. The same mining bot has been farming Terokkar forest for months, I've reported him more the once with GM's answering telling me they are investigating. This dude is still flying around with his bot eating up every mining node 24/7. GM's are complacent, that is the only problem. 30 minutes a day patrolling the heaviest farmed locations would legitimately take care of huge amount of the issue, and it simply isn't done.

inb4 forum ban for stating the obvious.

9. inb4 forum ban for stating the obvious.
    I fear you are right, at least considering the deleted posts in this thread.
    I have attempted to get a grip on the number of bots banned by the names I have listed in reports, I am sad to say they are few.

10. I find it demotivating that when u PM a GM with a report he doesn't inform u about what happens to the reported person. They only say something like "we are looking into it" and often they don't reply at all.
    As a reporter u get zero feedback. U don't know what happens to the reported person which makes u feel as if u were just waisting ur time.
    Edited: September 11, 2017

11. Agreed. Our best "Feedback" comes from adding every bot you report to the friend's list and then check a week or so later if they are still on it/active.

12. I just came to forums to open a thread like this !!

There is literally a BOTFEST all day today in Silitius !!!!!

Just a couple of names I managed to note down - ALL horde feral druids:

Nonpce , Xhgema , Hawxcd , Kinv, Daisya, Worty, Charmor, Iaq, Sterenda, Manuels, Mandyn, Kristal

They've been bot-ing all day and there are a lot more ...

How do you recognize a BOT from a normal player?
    EASY!
    1. First some well known behaviour like strange moving patterns and repetative style of fighting mobs.
    2. Second - what really helps you see - they don't act like LIVING person - if you dmg them with dot or whatever they IGNORE you and keep grinding mobs. If you kill another bot near them they don't care at all. They never run for their life or help their comrades and they ignore you completely even while you kill lots of them.

I wanted to ask STAFF what do you plan on doing with them - it seems to be a MAJOR PROBLEM with your server ?

13. The bot report this morning:
    Winterspring: 28 bots - 22 of them are druids.
    Silithus: 43 bots - 40 are druids.

I just checked and compared the names with old reported ones. 8/22 druids have been reported before in Winterspring and 18/40 in Silithus.

Edit: Sigh every zone is deeply infested with bots.
    Edited: September 12, 2017

14. So logged in this morning to a "We are investigating" msg from GM. Obviously dude is still in game botting mining/herb nodes. It's barely a bot issue currently, more like GM issues....

15. i reported also bot and gm answered like you " we are investigating" then all the bots disappeared the next day.

but it doesn't mean new bots won't appear soon in the same zone.

First ... 23456 ... Last