1. The bot problem on Outland is getting out of hands.
    The gold trading market is collapsing. I see ppl that run 5-10 accoutns simultaneously and farm with multiple bots in the same zone.
    And these bots are smart. They don't get stucked while walking around, they res themself, they even sell their **** automaticly. U need to film them for +2 mins to prove some obvious botting behaviours.
    Yesterday I saw a bot that was running around in entire zangarmarsh on his mount. He was randomly killing mobs from time to time and then moved on circling the enitre area. Looked exactly like a normal player, only his weird combat behavior by keep moving forward and backward showed that he was botting.

Warmane needs a dedicated GM that scans every day all common botting zones. GMs can teleport and fly super fast around. That requires maybe 1hour of work per day and is more efficient than reading billions of tickets.
    Edited: September 14, 2017

2. Should ban their IP. not their accounts. if you ban an account. chances are it was only used for botting in the first place. nothing to stop them from making a new account and start botting again 10 minutes after you ban their bot account.
    WAIIIT ..... You wanna tell me GM doesn't ban by IP !?!??! For real ??? That can not be true ... ?

3. The key messages of this thread (In my opinion).

@Peregrine offered the following:
    "They should do some kind of channel/priority system to users.Thats easily monitored.
    Perhaps a special thread on Outland with name of person that is botting."

@Mr. Zerfsham had pretty handy ideas, that could, definetly, help the situation:
    "- keep statistics of killed mobs and then do db queries on which characters are grinding same mobs too much. Not sure how big of performance hit this would be, but in theory should be easiest way to spot grinders.
    - look at online time, there are bots running 24/7 that are still out there.
    - assign GMs to patrol certain areas from time to time, since bots are almost always grinding same places. Every time fly over them, I always see like 3 bots grinding mobs.
    - implement some gold tracking measures and ban "main accounts" as well. I've heard from botters that had their bots banned, but mains untouched, even though all gold and items were mailed directly to main."

Some info relating to chat spammers and botters was said by @AlexisIndesign:
    "1. Implement Low level restriction for writing in global chat?
    2. Install the chat filter by keywords, which automatically bans spam bots?
    3. Give previlegious to some players-moderators, who can manually ban people?"

4. The key messages of this thread (In my opinion).

@Peregrine offered the following:
    "They should do some kind of channel/priority system to users.Thats easily monitored.
    Perhaps a special thread on Outland with name of person that is botting."

@Mr. Zerfsham had pretty handy ideas, that could, definetly, help the situation:
    "- keep statistics of killed mobs and then do db queries on which characters are grinding same mobs too much. Not sure how big of performance hit this would be, but in theory should be easiest way to spot grinders.
    - look at online time, there are bots running 24/7 that are still out there.
    - assign GMs to patrol certain areas from time to time, since bots are almost always grinding same places. Every time fly over them, I always see like 3 bots grinding mobs.
    - implement some gold tracking measures and ban "main accounts" as well. I've heard from botters that had their bots banned, but mains untouched, even though all gold and items were mailed directly to main."

Some info relating to chat spammers and botters was said by @AlexisIndesign:
    "1. Implement Low level restriction for writing in global chat?
    2. Install the chat filter by keywords, which automatically bans spam bots?
    3. Give previlegious to some players-moderators, who can manually ban people?"
    They should also actually investigate some of the chinese guilds I've reported, they're using botting alts on the regular. Track the gold and coin usage like you suggested. Pretty sure I'll catch a forum ban if I name drop, but lets just say one of the larger chinese guilds has pvp defended their bots on a regular basis if you actively kill them, got screenshots of them after the whole incident. Kind of sad they can roll around on 60 coin flying mounts they cheated to get, 0 recourse from legit players when you report them and GM's don't properly investigate.

5. This morning:
    Winterspring: 31 bots - 26 are druids
    Silithus: 47 bots - 42 are druids.
    WPL/EPL: 46 bots - 36 are druids.
    From what I can tell they are all chinese and some of them in the same guild. /Deep sigh

Edit: I stand corrected. The numbers above are not correct. There are even MORE bots in the zone than what the /who list can show (50). I estimate the numbers to be in the 80s, if not more. Freaking 4 druid bots on 1x mob - it is like a stuffed warehouse. -.-
    Edited: September 15, 2017

6. Yep. Outland server is getting better and better. Less bots, spammers, healthy economy(due to the better botting situation on server) and peaceful multiboxers.
    You're delusional.

also they can invite you into channels https://i.imgur.com/RExaHc8.jpg

7. Querying the database is actually not a bad idea. You can make all sorts of pseudo-limits, all sorts of different queries, to find the fishy players who can then be additionally checked by the GMs. And it shouldn't be much of a performance issue depending on how the database is designed.

8. I am starting to wonder why I still play here.
    I spend hours on end to work for my items and gold the good old fashioned way meanwhile a gazillion of bots infesting every god damn zone herding gold for some swineheaded cretin. I am sick of this. I am sick of this slacky attempt of dealing with this situation. I am tired of excuses for not doing it.
    It takes me 1h to ride through the most deeply infested zones on a freaking 60% mount to cower 99% of the bots - Why then can't a GM do it?
    Spending hours on end reading reports, checking out bots that might no longer be online or in the same zone and then sending a ban request - 1 by 1 instead of just sweeping the zones once or twice a day - is it so hard? Not to mention it goes far faster if more than 1 GM does it.
    Please, answer me this.
    Edit: Sorry for the rough language but this is taking its toll on me.
    Edited: September 15, 2017

9. Im gonna sound stupid but you guys are not gonna get an answer cause you wont be able to handle the truth behind botting on private servers. There is a lot of real money involved in this.

And a lot of real money > you

10. If we assume that's the case, then I guess it means it is Free For All!

11. They should also actually investigate some of the chinese guilds I've reported, they're using botting alts on the regular. Track the gold and coin usage like you suggested. Pretty sure I'll catch a forum ban if I name drop, but lets just say one of the larger chinese guilds has pvp defended their bots on a regular basis if you actively kill them, got screenshots of them after the whole incident. Kind of sad they can roll around on 60 coin flying mounts they cheated to get, 0 recourse from legit players when you report them and GM's don't properly investigate.
    Yea, doing some quests and killing horde bots, caused some geared players to come to defend THEIR bots.

12. Anyone know how's situation on Medvih, also destroyed by bots?

13. killing horde bots, caused some geared players to come to defend THEIR bots.
    Actually that's exactly what happened. You must be new to this.

14. The part that gets me is that literally every single method of gold making is swamped with bots. Primal farming, low level herbs, high level herbs, low level ores, high level ores, rep tokens, everything. It isn't like "oh well this is being farmed right now, I'll go farm something else" because every other option is bot farmed too.

Additionally, I played for a long time on Icecrown and never noticed a bot problem. Does anyone know why it seems to be so prevalent here and not on the wotlk servers?

15. I have personally murdered over 500 of these bots in the past 2 weeks. I killed the same 3 hunters so many times, I actually had the chinaman log over and beg me to stop killing his bots, claiming it's very hard to find a job in china and he has children to feed.

First ... 45678 Last