1. Help understanding a DK

Very new to WOW, about a month. Leveled a couple now trying a Dk, and I looked through the guides and Im lost. I dont understand what rotation means and I see that on every guide. Can someone point me to a character building guide for heavy dps, I dont are if its blood or whatever just looking for something that deals heavy damage.

2. 1st of all what expac are you playing?

3. Step 1:
    Open "Spellbook" after u log ur DK.
    Step2:
    Read every single ability.
    (Repeat step 1 and 2 after u learn a new one)
    Step3:
    Open talent trees.
    Step4:
    Read every talent.
    Step5:
    Think...
    Step6:
    Start leveling and use abilities.
    Notice how they interact with each other.
    Step7:
    Search trough forums, and/or google how runes and runic power works.
    Step8:
    Reread the guides once u figure this out.

4. Basically your rotation has 2 parts:
    1. Runes - abilities that spend runes generate Runic Power
    2. Runic Power - abilities that spend runic power - use these while your runes are on cooldown.

You start by putting diseases on target - Icy Touch(1 Frost rune) and Plague Strike(1 Unholy rune). This is important because all your strikes scales up in damage if target has both diseases.

Next, you have 1 of Frost and Unholy runes, so you can use your strongest strike - Death Strike, Obliterate or Scourge Strike, depends on your spec.

Then, you have 2 blood runes, which are used for Blood Strike - not very powerful, but generates runic power. (Or Heart Strike if Blood talents)

Now all your runes are on cooldown for few seconds - spend Runic Power with Death Coil or Frost Strike. Also you can save up a bit for defencive cooldown, Anti magic shell and such.

By now diseases on your target has half duration left. So you can spend U+F runes on your power strike x2. Instead of refreshing diseases.

Use 2 B runes again with Blood Strike

Everything is on cooldown - spend runic power.

Diseases ran out on target by now, use fist step again, repeat.
    Edited: September 4, 2017

5. Thank you this is exactly what I was looking for