1. Stats PVP SP

So i have a 4.2k SP on wotlk server Icecrown and saw an interesting build i want to try
    20% crit 20% haste and 1.2k resil. and 3.2k spell - is it worth building it? I met some nice priests in game that guided me and most of them said crit is useless on SP and i should go for haste+hit rating cap
    On what stats/bonuses should i focus the most? Whats the "line" and by line i mean "spell power>haste>crit>hit>...." .and so on
    Have fun yours truly Acollite the beginer

2. As I know SP's DoTs cannot crit. Power word shield cannot crit. Renew cannot crit. What's the most point of stacking crit on SP then?
    Meanwhile DoT's tick rate scales from haste. More haste -> more often ticks.

3. Their dots do crit.
    Edited: September 8, 2017 Reason: Removed incorrect information.

4. Thank you for your answers i just tested and crit works. Was in thunder bluff and had some fun with a dummy and i can crit on:
    Mind blast, devouring plague, swp, mind flay, vampiric touch, swd, mind sear.
    So guess i will do the 20% crit 20% haste 1200 resilience and max hit build.
    Or if some1 knows a better build for pvp feel free to share some light into this shadow priest... oh the dead jokes

5. Shadowform is what allows your dots to crit, not Mind Melt. Mind Melt only gives you 6% extra crit.

The reason crit isn't worth it in PvP is because resilience reduces chance to be crit and crit damage. With 20% crit and Mind Melt, you're looking at 26% crit chance on your dots, against a resilience capped target that's reduced by 15%, leaving you with only 11% crit. In addition, every single crit is 33% worse.

Never sacrifice haste for crit. Your choice should be between crit and spirit. Crit for short 2v2 double DPS games and duels, spirit for everything else.

6. Unless you have access to bis trinkets rings and offsets crit is near useless, simply because getting enough of it will completely gimp your mana regeneration or haste and spower will be lower aswell. Even when you have access to those items crit is only good for some fun bg spec as taking talents that up your crit means you miss out on other more vital talents that let you sustain and survive. But i mean you will literally ****ing delete with crit build aswell be deleted. Tho when the stars align your standard bread and butter shadow can still outdps you as he has more spower.

At 20%crit(around 30% with talents?) 20%haste and 3,2k (not sure how you are going to get that much with crit gear without sacrificing spell penetration) you will still only crit very few times and on low resilience targets.

My advice is to go for good ol bread and butter - hit(untill capped 4%)>spell penetration(untill capped 130)>sp>haste>spirit( you gain 15% of spirit as sp, this why you also take mooncloth set over satin, plus the mp5 you gain from it)>mp5. So you use mooncloth set and haste offsets, anything else is statloss.

Note: extra spellpower also increases damage your shield absorbs = more uptime.
    Also doesnt Mind melt only increase chance to crit ?

7. Shadowform is what allows your dots to crit, not Mind Melt. Mind Melt only gives you 6% extra crit.
    I stand corrected. I don't dabble in Shadow much.

8. Note: extra spellpower also increases damage your shield absorbs = more uptime.
    nah thats disc only feature, due to [Borrowed Time] talent

9. nah thats disc only feature, due to [Borrowed Time] talent
    Power Word: Shield benefits from SP by default, Borrowed Time only increases the SP coefficient by 40%.

10. my advice is to go for good ol bread and butter - hit(untill capped 4%)>spell penetration(untill capped 130)>sp>haste>spirit( you gain 15% of spirit as sp, this why you also take mooncloth set over satin, plus the mp5 you gain from it)>mp5. So you use mooncloth set and haste offsets, anything else is statloss.

Note: Extra spellpower also increases damage your shield absorbs = more uptime.
    Also doesnt mind melt only increase chance to crit ?

thats exactly what i was looking for

11. Hy all its me again poping up some questions.
    I need a stats calculator.
    Someting that can help me calculate my caps and bonuses and stats. What i mean by that is for exemple
    1 If hit cap is 11% how many points of hit rating do i need - that way i know what enchants to use how many gems with 20 hit i combine etc
    2 if haste cap is 50% how many points of haste rating do i need 400 haste rating points etc
    Something like that
    I have no ideea what hit cap/haste cap/resilience cap is im busting my brains out googleing
    Ps found some stats calculators but the ones i found only work on official

12. The hit cap in PvP is 4% for players or 26 rating (1%) with Shadow Focus (3%) but it's not that simple because some races/classes offer additional spell miss chance.

You'll need 6% combined hit for Undead/Blood Elf/Draenei
    8% for Paladins/Rogues
    10% for Undead/Blood Elf/Draenei who also happen to be Paladins/Rogues

I consider 8% to be very desirable and 10% to be overkill but you certainly can go for 10% if you find yourself fighting those 10% hit combinations a lot. Another thing to consider is the talent Misery which gives you an extra 3% hit but only after you cast a spell on the enemy, which means it may not always be present. The inherent choice that arises from this is whether you want to have all of your hit come from hit rating and Shadow Focus or save yourself some item budget and supplement your hit with Misery. The combination I myself use is 2% hit from gear (52 rating), 3% from Shadow Focus, and 3% from Misery which puts me at 5% hit without Misery debuff and 8% with. This has worked perfectly fine for me so far but it is most definitely not the only way to cap hit.

When it comes to haste in PvP, you do not concern yourself with the cap, which is 1639 rating (50%) and completely unreasonable to reach. You always want as much haste as you can get. I would go as far as to say that haste is more important in PvP than spell power because PvP fights are decided by who controlled the enemy better, not who did slightly more damage/healing. Don't hesitate to gem SP/haste or pure haste.

The Resilience cap is 1414 and that's when the crit chance reduction and crit damage reduction get capped at 15% and 33% respectively, the general damage reduction from players however doesn't have a cap. You do not want to go above this number as exceeding it will cause you to gain less bang for your buck, going above it is only really useful for healers.

Aside from all this, you always want to have 130 spell penetration. I recommend getting it from your blue sockets and PvP wand. If you don't use tailoring, you can also get it with a cloak enchant.
    Edited: September 15, 2017

13. Thank you! Thank you! Milion times thank you. So helpfeul wish you best of luck