1. Are rogues useful ?

Hi guys I rolled a rogue and I am enjoying it so far. However I hear a lot of people saying that rogues are not useful in raids, they don't do enough dps, they are not invited to raids unless they are god-tier rogue players and they are the least needed class on(in?) battlegrounds. I mean server already completed its progression and it is already hard to find a progressive guild raiding with unuseful classes so I wonder if all these are true so I can stop leveling my rogue and play a paladin like every fukin else. (go play what u enjoy most xd is not a valid answer. thank you.)

2. Rogues can top charts very well, they are one of the best dpsers when it comes to high end raiding. But you wont find a spot in any "decent" guild as there is already alot of rogues. Try your luck with balance druid, demo lock or a shadow priest as those are the ones people ask for most.

3. Nothing's useless if you know how to play

4. -Rogues are the best dps class in wotlk in both pvp and pve.

-Tricks and trade with killing spree gives more aggro then hunters and when Tank have alot of aggro ofc you use it on the best dps to give them 15% more dmg for 6 secs, every 30 sec. wich is Imo really fking good, specially since you allways want to tricks for the energy (t10 bonus).

-Combat rogues also gives whole raid 4% more physical dmg on boss (savage combat).

To sum it up, Rogues are very powerfull but they also have a huge learning curve, specially in pvp.
    Most people have no clue about rogues and since its the most hated class due to stealth, they just disslike it.
    Dont stop play rogue, master it, get to 1400 armor penetration as soon as you can and I promise you, once you se your dmg done, you will get a huge boner.

5. What happens at 1400 arp? Currently leveling a rogue so I'm curious

Also, thinking about donating for a trinket. Should I get DBW or the Twilight Scale from ruby sanctum?
    Edited: September 9, 2017

6. What happens at 1400 arp? Currently leveling a rogue so I'm curious

Also, thinking about donating for a trinket. Should I get DBW or the Twilight Scale from ruby sanctum?
    You cap your armor penetration at 100%

7. There was a thread where this topic was brought up some days ago. For reasons unclear, the pug scene tends to be quite prejudiced against rogues.

Rest assured though that rogues do certainly enjoy some very powerful niches.

8. Rogues are deadly,annoying and fearsome. Most fun class to play if you know how to play it.

9. Hell yeah they're useful, in my 10 men raids I love to have a good rogue tag along within the group of melee dps.

10. As others stated, rogues are great as long as you know boss mechanics, have your rotation in check, and keep an eye on cds. Just try to min-max it, and you will get better and better, eventually topping charts. There are some good guides on this forum. Read them, and practice on dummy. Practice makes it perfect :D People are generally not used to having well preforming rogues in raids, and when you prove to be one, all doors will be open.

As for pvp, you need to know your place. Rogue in my experience is not a brawler. I always try to avoid mass fights (WSG is an exception), and stick to objectives, or pick off stray sheeps. Maybe you won't get into much premades, but best part is - You absolutely don't need one. For me, rogue is, by far, the most fun pvp class, once you learn it.

11. -Rogues are the best dps class in wotlk in both pvp and pve.
    NotLikeThis..

12. I have mastered rogue on retail and i loved every bit of it. Yes they can be top dps when it comes to high end raiding, even before that with proper rotation. And yes, best pvp class as well - but even more harder to master. I have respect for everyone out there who knows how to rogue.

Cheers

Feever

13. If you enjoy the role of melee dps, and have a decent tank that knows how to position mobs so you're not hung out to dry, a rogue is a fantastic class to play. The combination of sustained dps, crowd control, and threat management (both individual and group) is hard to beat.

The problem happens when either the rogue doesn't know their class, and drops quite a bit in both damage and survivability, or if a tank doesn't position and adjust properly, which kills your uptime (and possibly you as well).

But stick with it. A well-played rogue is a great asset in a group, and is always a hoot to solo with in a lot of different environments.