1. Looking to get into WotLK, any advice?

Hey guys, I was currently a modern WoW player who started playing around the launch of WoD (I know, kill me) and recently I've been feeling no interaction between any players so I get quite bored. I was wondering what would be the best WoW private server for me to get into that gives quite a bit of challenge and still provides entertaining content with guilds and such at the same time? I was looking primarily at WotLK just so I can mourn over Arthas, but any other suggestions would be great :). I am also an Oceanic player so looking for any guilds on the suggested realm/exp pak I play

2. Welcome!

Since you are mostly interested in Wotlk and you want the full experience by the looks of it, you have two choices, Lordaeron and Icecrown. Lordaeron is a more hardcore realm with x1 rates and disabled dungeon finder, while Icecrown is high populated more casual friendly realm with higher rates and premium shop. I believe you shouldn't be having any trouble finding people to play around regardless of the realm you decide to play on.

Have fun!

3. icecrown all the way
    alli for pvp+pve horde for pve