1. Im a bit still new to warlock as a class, since i started playing it arround a month ago, but i got some things i want to check and ask...

First thing is ofc pet.

Imp > Felguard

This was even on fights where Felguards cleave could push him over, but it wasnt effective as much as i expected.

Second thing is the stone on weapon.

Even tho Firestones crit and 1% DMG increase on ST spells can be apealing (was using it untill i read this thread), i found Spellstone and its haste a bit more usefull (tryed it out in raid last night).
    What i mean by this? Well 2 things.
    1. Crit as a stat is pure RNG. Even tho i had less overall crit i managed to reach some insane overall % of both SB and SF crit chance in some fights (more than i had with Firestone).
    2. Haste is not RNG, its 100% DMG increase. With the extra haste i was also more usefull on stuff like DPSing adds/spikes/whatnot.
    (I also noticed more procs from Coruption but that might be RNG based...)

Third thing beeing gear and stats.

At start i was using Marrows ring and Firestone. With that i reached 1270 haste which i tought was enough.
    But now that i tryed Valanars ring and Spellstone i really felt i was doing a lot more DMG (1579 haste with this).

Last but not least, AoE...

In almost every "PoV" video i saw, Warlocks used Rain of Fire to DPS valks on 25m hc LK. So did i...
    But, last night i tryed Seed of Coruption spam and i did more DMG on them than with Rain of Fire.

All of this was something i got after reading/watching couple of things on these forums and practicing/raiding for a month.
    Im more than happy with my DPS atm, but i feel like im missing something and i want to improve even more.

Watch this comment as a big question and correct me if im wrong, again, im new to this class and i dont have much exp on it.
    I know "i feel my dps improved" can deceive u, so if u have facts to prove me right/wrong pls do share...

Best of luck, and thx for the info. :)

P.S. casting rank1 SB on targets below 35% HP, to get Soul Fire talent proc was also something i read here and it helped me a lot in some situations. Thx for that also... :D
    Edited: September 28, 2017 Reason: Minor mistakes wer made.

2. @up You don't need to cast rank 1 shadow bolt I will explain why, if you have a lot of haste and you are in raid with for example bala druid /shaman with haste bonuses I'm pretty sure your rank 1 shadow bolt can be under one second and if it is under one second you shouldn't use rank 1 shadow bolt.

About the soc,if you are playing with imp and you use soc over rain of fire you are losing 5% of damage - darkenedhue was talking about that.Although soc is bettter on valkyrs because they are moving from rain of fire and rain of fire is ticking so soc>rof.
    Spellstone should be better than firestone but from practice I saw better dps with firestone (maybe me and rc are rng masters lmao).
    There will be someday that felguard will do damage...maybe.

3. Your regular Shadow Bolt, except under BL, will usually be at a 1.45-1.6 second cast, depending on your haste. Unless you are hitting a target on which the damage is relevant, using your regular shadow bolt to force a decimation is plain DPS whoring.

Seed of Corruption's superiority for val'kyr cleaving simply has to do with the fact that it's more straight up damage. Even if you use Imp and get 5% more crit fire abilities, Rain of Fire still doesn't come close. SoC just has a sheer spellpower scaling superiority over Rain of Fire that doesn't get overcome at any point. Rain of Fire is more mana efficient but that usually doesn't mean much.

4. Your regular Shadow Bolt, except under BL, will usually be at a 1.45-1.6 second cast, depending on your haste. Unless you are hitting a target on which the damage is relevant, using your regular shadow bolt to force a decimation is plain DPS whoring.

Seed of Corruption's superiority for val'kyr cleaving simply has to do with the fact that it's more straight up damage. Even if you use Imp and get 5% more crit fire abilities, Rain of Fire still doesn't come close. SoC just has a sheer spellpower scaling superiority over Rain of Fire that doesn't get overcome at any point. Rain of Fire is more mana efficient but that usually doesn't mean much.
    I didnt tell to use a regular shadow bolt I just told that you dont need to use rank 1 shadow bolt if this shadow bolt is under one second cast bcs that would be stupid imo.

5. Rank 1 shadowbolt still has the advantage of reaching its target the quickest because the cast goes off the fastest. That can be important on those occasions where it's an add that won't stay under 35% for long and will likely die very soon. And besides this is all just splitting hairs; if it's an irrelevant target it doesn't really much matter what you use to proc it so long as it's under 1.0 sec.

6. The "some situations" in which i used Rank 1 Shadowbolt wer:
    Ooze that wer below 35% HP that i couldnt DPS duo to diferent color debuff, while the Ooze i was suposed to DPS was killed.
    Tombs on Sindra that wer on less than 5% HP that i couldnt otherwise hit with a 1.5+ sec SB.
    Ghouls, Shambling beeing on less than 35% HP (i feel like 1 sec cast on them for rather huge DPS increase on LK is worth).
    Other than this i rly dont see where i could also use SB Rank 1 without that beeing something a DPS whore would do... (maybe BPC?)

As for: "SB rank 1 has less than 1 sec cast time so u should use it" i disagree on this point.
    DMG diference on Shadowbolt and Soul Fire crit is 10k DMG in ICC if i remember right.
    On top of that we have more crit chance cos of Imp bonuses on Soul Fire, so i think that even tho its less than 1sec, its worth on the long run cos the Gain is HUGE. 1sec of doing nothing for 10sec of huge DMG increase is something il trade any time. :D

Anyway, thx for the answers and ur insight. If u have anything else to add, please do... :)

7. Guys you're all right and at the same time wrong. Yes, the Spellstone's haste is better than Firestone's crit. At the same time Firestone is better than Spellstone. Yes 1% is not so much but its something. Regardless that the question is what do you need at this moment? Lets compare some SB cast time. If you cast SB for 1.7 sec your benefit from Spellstone's haste will be bigger compared the benefit if the cast is 1.5 sec. If you cast 100SB with 30% crit 30 SB's will crit so the 5% increase will give you 35SB crits. Crit is FLAT stat. So what you have to aim for. BALANCE! You may have 1700 haste and deal 20k dps but if you change 200 haste for 200 crit you will see a dps increase. If you have 55% crit and 1000 haste giving 200 crit to the haste amount will give you dps increase. You have to find the balance between both. If you are hit capped the next step is to hit your spot of comfort. if you are dmg dealer go for it. 0 Spirit and haste/crit suitable for you gameplay. Im a 100% support player so im going for as much SP as i can wich means im takin RS back/Wrist, 4 pieces t10 (ofc hands and pants) and almost everything else with spirit. Even got macro where i stop my felguard (yes, i dislike imp cuz of the casttime) when he crits with my 2 trinket procs, back/ring proc and potion for sp. that means that for 40 sec (bloodlust) i will deal 1-2 k dps less but compared to the dmg of the casters.... well, guys, you have to see the dmg increase on dem mages. 200+ sp is HUGE for the casters. Afterall the must to is just to find your spot of comfort :) . Kind regards.

8. Guys you're all right and at the same time wrong. Yes, the Spellstone's haste is better than Firestone's crit. At the same time Firestone is better than Spellstone. Yes 1% is not so much but its something. Regardless that the question is what do you need at this moment? Lets compare some SB cast time. If you cast SB for 1.7 sec your benefit from Spellstone's haste will be bigger compared the benefit if the cast is 1.5 sec. If you cast 100SB with 30% crit 30 SB's will crit so the 5% increase will give you 35SB crits. Crit is FLAT stat. So what you have to aim for. BALANCE! You may have 1700 haste and deal 20k dps but if you change 200 haste for 200 crit you will see a dps increase. If you have 55% crit and 1000 haste giving 200 crit to the haste amount will give you dps increase. You have to find the balance between both.
    You are alluding to how Crit and Haste's values change dynamically in response to how much of the other stat you have, which is an accurate phenomenon. But there isn't really a realistic set of gear where your Haste would be so high and your Crit so low that the Firestone would be better.

9. rank 1 is better

imagine ur dpsing the spike on marrowgar and after casting first sbolt its only at 40%. welp now ur casting second sbolt and the dps finishes it off right at ur 0.2s cast.

better to wait till dps gets it decently down and make sure a rank 1 bolt gets it at or below 35 for fat soulfires.

First 123