1. Just hit level 80 with my shadow priest, now what?

This is my first time getting a character to level 80 and I have no clue as to what im supposed to do after that. Naturally, i want to do raids and stuff but i figure that i should get better gear before that. Where do i go for some fresh level 80 gear that'll get me ready for a real raid? Or do i just go into raiding now?

2. It sounds like you need someone to help show you the ropes. I'd recommend trying to find a guild that has nice and friendly people in it that are willing to answer questions you might have.

In the meantime, you can work on earning reputation with a variety of factions in Northrend (many of which will have some items to offer you from the reputation quartermaster vendor) and/or start working on skilling up some professions (Tailoring is a good choice for a starting cloth-wearer, and enchanting pairs well with it).

Once you manage to get some sort of starter gear from quests, reputations and/or professions, you can start heading into normal and heroic dungeons to get more gear. These dungeons you can access via the dungeon finder interface to put you in an automatic queue (as a DPS spec, this can take a while), or you can try joining dungeon groups that are being advertised in the global chat channel.

Once you get some basic gear from there, you can go and join the Forge of Souls and Pit of Saron groups that advertise themselves in the global chat channel. Before you go into those, though, you should pick up the starting quest for them which is somewhere in Dalaran. I forget the name of the quest, but it should be on an NPC that roams the primary street that goes around Dalaran.

What faction and realm are you playing on? I may be able to help you out getting your gear started.