1. Shop is supposed to be catch-up mechanic not pay-2-win :P

2. Shop is supposed to be catch-up mechanic not pay-2-win :P
    If only more people, both critics and fans, could understand this... The shop is not P2W because it never has top-tier gear, so you can stop criticizing it. The shop will not have top-tier gear, no matter how much you are willing to pay, because it's not P2W, so you can stop asking for top-tier gear to be added on it. You're asking for a top-tier trinket, second only to Blackened Naaru Sliver to be added to the shop in case we're a very very long way from hitting SWP. It's not happening. Warmane are no fools. If they add it, it will probably be with the last additions and at their price.

The concept is so simple that one would think that everyone should be able to understand it. Alas...
    Edited: October 1, 2017

3. If only more people, both critics and fans, could understand this... The shop is not P2W because it never has top-tier gear, so you can stop criticizing it. The shop will not have top-tier gear, no matter how much you are willing to pay, because it's not P2W, so you can stop asking for top-tier gear to be added on it. You're asking for a top-tier trinket, second only to Blackened Naaru Sliver to be added to the shop in case we're a very very long way from hitting SWP. It's not happening. Warmane are no fools. If they add it, it will probably be with the last additions and at their price.

The concept is so simple that one would think that everyone should be able to understand it. Alas...
    This is not true. Excuse me but releasing s1 in shop first week after s2 is live...you could be better pvp geared from shop than people who flushed on 2k+ whole season 1. The concept is 1 thing, the reality is totally different.

4. This is not true. Excuse me but releasing s1 in shop first week after s2 is live...you could be better pvp geared from shop than people who flushed on 2k+ whole season 1. The concept is 1 thing, the reality is totally different.
    That's the exact purpose of a catchup mechanic and a big reason why a lot of people continue to pvp here.
    In respect to the original topic and the DST: it's scarce for a reason because it's an incredibly good trinket, and maybe, just maybe, not everyone should have it this early in the game.

5. That's the exact purpose of a catchup mechanic and a big reason why a lot of people continue to pvp here.
    In respect to the original topic and the DST: it's scarce for a reason because it's an incredibly good trinket, and maybe, just maybe, not everyone should have it this early in the game.
    By catch up you mean that people playing the game should catch up on donators? Or what?

Just a rough calculation... s1 lasted 3 months, roughly 12 weeks. If you flushed 800 pts (which not many did) avg you would have 9600 pts.

First day of season 2 regular player flushing on high rates had 9600 pts, but lets say a hunter could have arena points gear for 15k pts.

Who catches up in this case?

6. By catch up you mean that people playing the game should catch up on donators? Or what?

Just a rough calculation... s1 lasted 3 months, roughly 12 weeks. If you flushed 800 pts (which not many did) avg you would have 9600 pts.

First day of season 2 regular player flushing on high rates had 9600 pts, but lets say a hunter could have arena points gear for 15k pts.

Who catches up in this case?
    Remember, points are far more valuable because they allow you to purchase the current season's gear, instead of last seasons as on the cash shop.
    I see where you're coming from, but what you're saying would only make sense if players could buy arena points, not last season's gear.

7. Remember, points are far more valuable because they allow you to purchase the current season's gear, instead of last seasons as on the cash shop.
    I see where you're coming from, but what you're saying would only make sense if players could buy arena points, not last season's gear.
    If its first week of season, how does it help you to buy current season gear? Enlighten me regarding your point. S1 was still the most powerful gear when it was released in shop. Your example works theoretically for 1 item thta you can possible buy s2, but not on gear level when you will have full s2 3 months after s1 is in shop.

8. If only more people, both critics and fans, could understand this... The shop is not P2W because it never has top-tier gear, so you can stop criticizing it. The shop will not have top-tier gear, no matter how much you are willing to pay, because it's not P2W, so you can stop asking for top-tier gear to be added on it. You're asking for a top-tier trinket, second only to Blackened Naaru Sliver to be added to the shop in case we're a very very long way from hitting SWP. It's not happening. Warmane are no fools. If they add it, it will probably be with the last additions and at their price.

Says the guy that wanted resists sets put on the store. That's straight P2W, lol.

https://i.gyazo.com/d89002244b97815d...20bcc9181d.png

9. Problem with gruul is that due to all other items from him being on store, you have a hard time finding tanks that wanna go that are not dog**** geared. I'm lucky that I have a guild that helps me pug it with alts etc. but not everyone is... Also, the whole 1 item dropping instead of 2 is kinda ****ty.

10. Says the guy that wanted resists sets put on the store. That's straight P2W, lol.

https://i.gyazo.com/d89002244b97815d...20bcc9181d.png
    Is that why all guilds killed him by kiting him? Because resist gear was P2W? Plus, that was more than a month ago.

11. This is not true. Excuse me but releasing s1 in shop first week after s2 is live...you could be better pvp geared from shop than people who flushed on 2k+ whole season 1. The concept is 1 thing, the reality is totally different.
    So you're mad that people can buy their way to last season's gear, in case you worked for it? Don't work for it then. Just wait for next season and buy it yourself, if that's your concern.

You had that gear in current season, they didn't. Was that not your goal all along? Because it should have been.

12. Daily reminder to release DST already on the store...

13. Is that why all guilds killed him by kiting him? Because resist gear was P2W? Plus, that was more than a month ago.
    Not all guilds killed him by kiting him, the first ally guild to kill him got an 8+ minute kill even in his bugged crushing blow state if I remember correctly..

Also DST should be on the store by now. With Hyjal being out all guilds clearing T5 along with it typically don't have another day to do T4 & getting into a PuG is few and far between without it being reserved by the guild still progressing T5. The item isn't game breaking in anyway seeing how most raids only keep 3-5 melee at most in their comp if smart.

Along with that, Eye of Mag which is BiS for most casters until Illidan is out as well...So why screw the physical DPS?

14. the first ally guild to kill him got an 8+ minute kill even in his bugged crushing blow state if I remember correctly..
    Do you really think they killed him normally in 8+ minutes?
    Eye of Mag which is BiS for most casters until Illidan is out as well...So why screw the physical DPS?
    Because DST is BiS even beyond Illidan.

15. DST is a T4 item with a T6 item budget (that means it doesn't follow the ilvl formula) and is BIS until Muru, if you're a human Fury Warrior wielding Warglaives (aka BIS) then DST is never replaced because the Expertise on Shard of Contempt is wasted. For a melee dps DST is the biggest item in the game pre warglaives, because it's so far ahead of other comparable options.

I hope it never goes on the store, keeps people having to go to Gruul's Lair.

The item isn't game breaking in anyway seeing how most raids only keep 3-5 melee at most in their comp if smart.
    Melee light raid setups are only optimal for T4/T5, if people were being "smart" then you wouldn't see Arms Warriors in raids, because they do **** dps and they are only worth taking if you have a physical heavy setup... But actually you're wrong, in T6 and Sunwell melee do especially well, and are massively benefition to fights like Muru/Kil'jaeden, not to mention all the low armor bosses in Hyjal/BT which turn combat rogues and Fury Warriors into monsters.
    Edited: October 3, 2017

First ... 34567 ... Last