1. balance in TBC PVP

How good is balance druids in TBC PVP? i am thinking of trying to specc balance druid but is there any guides for them in PVP?

2. Restokin aka dreamstate druide is pretty strong when played together with rog in 2s.
    A pure moonkin spec that focus only on dmg is useless for arena though.

3. Not sure how much dps a moonkin is able to deal in BGs. I assume that other caster like WL, mage or ele shami deal more dps.

In terms of 1v1 I think that a Restokin with a 34/0/27 spec is better than a deep balance spec.
    Edited: September 13, 2017

4. Do you know where i can find guides for restokin :)?

5. No idea. Its hard to find any guides for TBC.
    Only know about protcow who uploaded some tbc guides on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Protcow

6. As far as BGs go, your most sustainable source of damage is Moonfire spam. From time to time you'll be able to get one or two Wraths out, but that's it. You have no CC, no interrupts, almost no defensive cooldowns - nothing. If your Wrath gets interrupted, then you'll be locked from 99% of your spells. Starfire's long cast time makes it not viable for PvP.

7. Overall, restokin is a stronger spec, but pure balance is still better than what the above comments say.

Moonkin in battlegrounds:

You are to keep max distance and spam wrath. You mostly use Moonfire for burst at the end of a Wrath/Starfire cast and when you have to move, especially if you're chasing someone low on HP.

Use roots and cyclone. You're a bit limited with cycloning due to low range, but you can really mess melees up with a well timed root. You'll have to develop good awareness for that - to be able to glance at your enemies & instantly decide who and when to root.

Use bash, use entangling roots, learn to fakecast cyclone when you're focused. Use your hots, when necessary prehot yourself and others as well.

Spec NS. Get all damage talents in the balance tree and skip on the mana stuff in order to reach NS in the resto. Treenats aren't worth it as you can't control them; NS is so much better. (Figure it out, I can't be bothered to make a spec atm.)

Moonkin in arena:

You're better off playing a healer (restokin or full resto druid). These are both healing specs and require a different playstyle & mindset though. But if you really insist, try to find a decent rogue. I imagine warlock would work as well, but you're getting carried by OP specs in both cases.

This gets better as the gear progresses; moonkins turn into absolute monsters with S4 and SWP gear, but so does a number of other specs.

However, back when a certain instant PVP server had SPW gear available, everyone played either moonkin or an ele shaman with an occasional hunter here and there.

8. This gets better as the gear progresses; moonkins turn into absolute monsters with S4 and SWP gear, but so does a number of other specs.

However, back when a certain instant PVP server had SPW gear available, everyone played either moonkin or an ele shaman with an occasional hunter here and there.
    Wish that was true. Somehow I have the feeling that when the highend gear is available it will be still only warrior, rog, mage and lock that rock the arena ladders while all other DPS classes fall behind.

9. From what i know, in world pvp and bg, deep balance can be strong, and certainly fun. In arena, things are less good and the only comp i know which can be good is with a rogue. It's "viable" even if it's far less optimate than a Dreamstate spec. Also, you'll have to switch heal very often, which isn't necessary what you hope as playing balance.

From what Tradix show back in the days, he was having some fun with his balance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS7J7vJbtKo

10. Wish that was true. Somehow I have the feeling that when the highend gear is available it will be still only warrior, rog, mage and lock that rock the arena ladders while all other DPS classes fall behind.
    Moonkins actually scale incredibly well with gear. In PVE, this means that they come barely above shadow priests, but it also turns them in to PVP monsters as long as they can get a few Wraths off. The key is to stack a ridiculous amount of haste so your Wrath comes close to 1 second cast while still hitting for like 1.4k noncrit. This does require S4 and a ton of SWP gear, making you a proper glass cannon.

Same is true for ele shamans.

11. From what i know, in world pvp and bg, deep balance can be strong, and certainly fun. In arena, things are less good and the only comp i know which can be good is with a rogue. It's "viable" even if it's far less optimate than a Dreamstate spec. Also, you'll have to switch heal very often, which isn't necessary what you hope as playing balance.

From what Tradix show back in the days, he was having some fun with his balance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS7J7vJbtKo
    That video was recorded a literal decade ago when the overall skill was- let's just say people were terrible at the game. Look at the video.

PLS REMBER: spec NS even if you're playing moonkin, let me show you how: http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents...50021000000000

Q: why no dreamstate
    A: honestly fam it's bgs and your regen comes from either drinking or dying

Q: but i want treenats!!
    A: you think you do, but you dont. NS is amazing; it saves lives and stuff. you can even use it for an amazing MOONKIN ONE SHOT MACRO which goes as follows:

/cast nature's swiftness
    /cast Wrath

woah

PS: but really, you can BURST as balance by waiting for getting a Starfire proc, then 2x wrath into starfire into moonfire to a new target. really powerful way to switch. or just wait for starfire proc then cast wrath-starfire-moonfire for cute burst.

PPS: the really **** thing about playing balance is that you sometimes get all the trinkets and procs and potions and stuff in order and READY TO DO SOME BIG DAMAGE with wrath spam

and then lock puts curse of tongues on you or rogue as much as looks at you, and bye bye doing any damage
    Edited: October 5, 2017

12. Moonkins actually scale incredibly well with gear. In PVE, this means that they come barely above shadow priests, but it also turns them in to PVP monsters as long as they can get a few Wraths off. The key is to stack a ridiculous amount of haste so your Wrath comes close to 1 second cast while still hitting for like 1.4k noncrit. This does require S4 and a ton of SWP gear, making you a proper glass cannon.

Same is true for ele shamans.
    Well, I assume that other caster scale even better with s4/swp gear.
    Think of a haste stacked Frost mage spamming frost bolt.
    Maybe even destro lock.

13. I'm not in a mood to sit here and explain how Wrath's shorter cast time plays a key role here.

12 Last