1. Quick guide / sum up

Regarding OP's questions:
    1: Like i wrote above, bomkins can be played to a high rating. But it requires more games than it would as dreamstate if both specs are played perfectly. This is simply due to that boomkin has got a few more dificult matchups than dreamstate does. I.e rogue/priest and rogue/mage. And this resaults in that if your enemies always play to perfection you will lose more games as boomkin and hence end up on lower rating than as dreamstate. But this does defenetly not make boomkins bad. They are infact pritty ok if played well with good partners. It is however a spec that has a realy hard time carrying others. So u need good teammates. Wich is the case realy, if u want to get high rating as any class. Not even warrior/druid is complete faceroll to 2.2k. It requiers alot of teamwork. The room for error is just alot smaller with boomkin. High skillcap class in short.

2: There are a few cemi decent pve boomkin guides. None realy for pvp. (That iv'e manage to find that is. And i have searched alot for it :p i might just be bad at google tho :p)

So how do u play a boomkin then? Like with every other class it depends... what spec do u and your partners run with? Tree ents, ns or feral charge? What comp do u play? Do u want to play it fastpaced or slower? These are all variables that intertwine with one and other. But there are a few pritty basic things to start with.
    1. Pvp is like chess in alot of ways. U need to get the enemys cds to get a kill most of the time. So use your cc! Cyclone, roots, paunce, maim (im bad at finding opurtunities for this one), bash and hybernate. They are to be used all the time. Abuse them! Force the enemys to trinket something and then play around the trinket. It is not often u will train one target. Out of all classes in the game, u have the most cc at your disposal. Use it!
    2. Learn when to heal. Against some comps u will have to outlast and against some u can just go for raw dmg. And sometimes the playstyle of ppl with the same comp varries and u will have to adapt and play it differently. Some times a few LB's is enough and some time u need to get a few regeowths of (try to avoid spamming regrowths while the hot is already on).
    3. Learn how to do dmg. Spamming one spell nonstop will not work. Alot of ppl say "spam mf" and some say "spam wrath". They are both as acurate as if u were to say that a mage only spams frost bolt. Wrath and MF are the two main dmg spells for high burst. But if u cant cast then IS will give u more total dmg. And if u can cast then a SF into a wrath chain will result in more bursty dmg wich is harder to heal. If u get procs, use them smart! I.e if u get a SF proc, do u have to use it instantly to get it off? Or can u do a wrath->SF->MF and have three spells land more or less simultaniosly, resulting in alot of burst dmg.
    4. Keep an eye on the dr timers and have a plan. If u manage to have a player in 3x clone at every second the dr runs out that is often more worth then doing dmg (one of the reasons for dreamstate generally being better than boomkin "less wasted talents for a cc bot"). I.e vs warrior, lets say he dosnt have trinket and no dispeller with him. Theoreticly u can cc him "paunce(3 sec), 3x clone(6,3,1.5 sec), 3x root(10,5,2.5 sec), 3x clone(6,3,1.5 sec), bash(3sec), 1.5 sec cc gap, 3x root(10,5,2.5sec), 3x clone(6,3,1.5 sec)". Wich is what, 73 sec? Rarely this will be the case tho. The point is, u have a lot of cc potential if u plan for it. But u need to plan. And your parners need to understand this.
    5. Comunication, if u and you parners are super pro and u have all tacts worked out u dont need much comunication. But if u guys arnt and dont... then u need to comunicate. If u I.e play with a rogue and he needs help to get a restealth that needs to be comunicated in advanced and weaved into your cc/dmg/healing plan.

6. Fakecast and cover cc. U need to fakecast alot, to get locked on nature sucks! Sf and Mf still works but those are rarley the prefered spells. Mf spam is easely overhealed and is verry mana inefficient. While pushback on Sf is aids. Depending on you comp, enemy comp and strat u need your partners to cover cc casts with thier cc for u. I.e if u play rogue/drood and face rogue/mage, u need to peel the rogue for some reason and the mage got cs ready. If u get locked u guys die. Then it can be worth for your rogue to gouge the mage so that u can cast cc. This is offcorse situational and your partner needs to know this, u rarely got time to explain it. I often just say "gouge X player" with no explenation. Cause my partner knows i have a plan that requiers it. This is one of the reasons why alot of ppl say that boomkins suck. Cause this is needed alot at high ratings! Otherwise u will lose. And u do not have high healing to save the day witg as if u would have been dreamstate.
    7. As alot of what ive said goes for all classes, so does this. Use all your globals to do something. Dont stand arouned letting your globals go to waste! Even the "deadtime" after an instand cast can be used to move. I always move during the "deadtime". Eider towards a more defensive or offensive position depending on match development.
    8. Playing a suboptimal spec requiers more minmaxing with cc, position and so on than better (easier ;) ) classes/specs :)

So with some general ranting thats already been mentioned above and is partly basic stuff, what spec?

1. Deep balance: 48/0/13 (tree ents)
    No panic heal/instant cc, no interupt. Maxed dmg and mana regen. This is one of my two favorite options. I have alot of dmg and can go on for a "long" time. If ents are used smart they can fkn wreck ppl. They can be used to eat aoe fears in 5s ie, but most of the time u dont wanna use them when your enemy can cc them easely. I.e after a mage uses frostnove is good.
    https://talentcalculator.org/tbc/dru...00000000000000

2. NS 41/0/20
    There are variations of this one. Alot of them. I use the version with more regen talents and less dmg ones. It opens up for more tactical play at the cost of less dmg (like dreamstate lol). Also im less relient on my partners performamce.
    Depending on comp and teamskill lvl i would say that the one with more dmg and less regen is better.
    Dmg:
    https://talentcalculator.org/tbc/dru...40031000000000
    Regen: https://talentcalculator.org/tbc/dru...40031000000000
    (The one point in improved grasp can be moved to BoP if desired. I prefer faster root proc. And im hitcaped with my staff/trinket and 1 BoP anyways)

3. Feral Charge (41/11/8)
    There are some minor tweeks u can do with this one to. But in general u give up regen+dmg or regen+regen for charge (use more mana to shift). This can be a fun spec but imo it is the worst boomkin version for tbc.
    (U can swop points from dmg to regen just like with the ns spec)

4. Deep balance + bash (46/7/8)
    Less regen for longer bash. Waste imo.

Comps then. I will say like every other person says all the time... play what u find fun and enjoy. Play with good players on random classes over bad players on good classes! With that said i will try to go over some potential comps.

(Tier ranks for boomkin comps, not tier comps in general. All of these are in the middle/lower end of general tier comps)

Tier 1, 2v2:
    Rogue/Boomy - the standard comp ppl say. I prefer this comp as 48/0/13. If the rogue is good u dont realy need ns, and the extra dmg from ents will win u some games easier if used correctly.
    Mage(frost)/Boomy - I prefer 41/0/20 (dmg version is prolly best, but i always prefer regen version). rediculas amout of cc. And no ents cause they often break pollys.

Tier 2, 2v2:
    EleSham/Boomy - an odd comp at first glance but without dumbt my fav tbc comp. I prefer 41/0/20(dmg version is prolly best, but i always prefer regen version). Ents are often to slow dmg for this comp. Ns heal is nice due to only u kindof having cc. U do a **** ton of dmg and heal/kite with cc. Force ppl to come into the open with u, then blow them up!
    Lock/Boomy - alot of dmg and cc. U will often die here even if u guys win the game. Both 48/0/13 and 41/0/20(regen version) works well here.

Hunter and sp can also work, i have played some but neither felt like 2k+ viable. I've heared of ppl getting 2k witg sp/boomy tho.

The one rule for boomkins in arena tho is "do not team up with healers!". Especially in 2s. If healing is needed, u are still the healer as boomkin. With a healer, nothing will die and u will go oom.

Tier 1, 3v3: (i consider all of these comps best with 41/020(regen))
    Rmd - frost mage. **** ton of cc and insane dmg.
    Spmd - same but sp over rogue. Works due to the mages control with novas.
    Rld - slsl lock prefered but not mandatory.

Rogue/Mage + X good dps + Boomy is the general rule. Boomys need like we said befor, alot of cover cc / support so teaming upp with cc clases is best.

Tier 1, 5v5:
    SPELLCLEAVE. If u look at buffs, minmaxing and stuff a pure spell cleave should be best. I love having a rogue with me tho. So if played in perfect sync i consider "rogue/frost mage/ boomy/ele sham/Hpally the best. Rsham instead of pally and sp(hunter can take this spot to) instead of ele is also verry strong. But not as strong imo.

But then again, in 5v5 the players are even more worth than the classes. Ive gotten 2k as warr/arcane mage/bm hunter/boomkin (tree ents)/disc.

*If u have a pro warr on the team 2x heal can work (one being disc for dispells) other than that i would recomend 1 healer.

I forgot to mention gear! Early game sp and resili is prio stats. When u can get alot of haste that is the way to go. While not giving up all resili. Fast clones and wraths are gamebreakers. Just look at the game vs sp/lock in my video above. Haste ftw! 4set pvp is mandatory for boomy imo, after that t6 can be weaved into your gear for more haste. I dont have any t6 off pieces sence i stoped raiding 2 weeks after we cleared bt in the beginning of last year with "to the moon". I got the cloth legs from hyjal tho with all haste gems :) look my char up on armory if u wanna know more :)

I have tryed maxing out crit instead of haste and played a bit with it to try it out. Imo, it sucks. U still dont crit enough so pure sp resili is better (socket bonuses shall be met when u play sp + resili imo).

It can be argued that sp+resili gearing is better than haste when u play rogue/boomy. But i disagre :)

Im sure i've forgotten something but to sum it all up, boomkin can be played at high ratings. But it is hard, and some ppl u just cant beat.

Wall of text... yay!
    Kind regards, Paaps (and casiopeja) :)

2. Forgot to mention... Put rank1 moonfire on your bars. I have it bound on "5". Take totems and spell reflects with it :)

First 12