1. WotLK Warrior Races

Hi everyone:

I was just curious as to everyone's opinion on what the best races for warrior is; either for racials or for appearance. I'm indecisive as to what race to pick (will be playing in Lord).

One thing to keep in mind is that I will probably be more PvP oriented, although probably won't do arenas. For PvE, doubt I will do raids as I never have the time for that.

So, what is everyone's thoughts on the matter?

2. Ally: Human
    Horde: Orc

3. Ally: Human
    Horde: Orc
    No cows? They always looked cool (although kind of restricted to their mounts for appearances sake).

Also read recently that gnomes are good warriors with their racial (always hated gnomes but part of me always wanted to play one simply because they are tiny).

Why can't we adjust the size of our toons! Think of a tiny tauren!

4. You should go for what you like! If you prefer to be Tauren, go for it! You can even adjust their size with baby spices, pygmy oil and stuff like that. You can be a gnome-sized Tauren if you like ^.^

That said, if you want the better races for PvE/PvP as you said yourself, Gnimo is right.

Orcs are superior because they get more expertise when wielding Axes, have an attack power-boosting racial, and are passively more resistant to stun effects. This can be further enhanced through talents.

Humans have increased expertise with swords , increased stealth detection, and their racial active can break them free of slows and trapping effects.

These things are huge both in PvE and in PvP, making Orcs and Humans the most optimal race choice, compared to the others.

5. You should go for what you like! If you prefer to be Tauren, go for it! You can even adjust their size with baby spices, pygmy oil and stuff like that. You can be a gnome-sized Tauren if you like ^.^

That said, if you want the better races for PvE/PvP as you said yourself, Gnimo is right.

Orcs are superior because they get more expertise when wielding Axes, have an attack power-boosting racial, and are passively more resistant to stun effects. This can be further enhanced through talents.

Humans have increased expertise with swords , increased stealth detection, and their racial active can break them free of slows and trapping effects.

These things are huge both in PvE and in PvP, making Orcs and Humans the most optimal race choice, compared to the others.
    So do people not find shadowmeld very useful? Being able to drop combat for potions (the CD doesn't start until out of combat still right?), being able to hide and get the jump on people (although gnomes can do that alright too, especially with things like pygmy dust ( I actually completely fpegpt about that one, had only rememebered noggen frogger (?))).

What about the increased health and stun from tauren?

Are the racials from human and orc greatly overshadow those of the others?

6. What about the increased health and stun from tauren?
    increased health is based on base hp, not total hp. Stun has a small area and has a cast delay, if skilled you enemys can avoid it.

Are the racials from human and orc greatly overshadow those of the others?
    Yes, but racials in PvP have only a very small impact compared to skill, team and equip. As long as you are not aiming to win tournaments or to make gladiotor on first place only, racials are not that big of a deal.

NE - is fun in BG and strong in PvE but no real improvement in top pvp
    space cow - nice to have pve but nothing worth in pvp
    dwarf - no real improvement in top pvp but nice pve tank (10% armor)
    gnome - active cant be compared to human, size is nice in crowed bgs

trollse - nice to have pve haste buff, nothing outstanding for pvp
    UD - same as gnome, active is not compareable to human and warrior got already a skill for that
    tauren - a tiny bit more hp and a avoidable stun (was op vanilla time where charge -> tauren stun -> white + ms crit = dead caster)

Human - is able to have two offensive trinkets, which results in the biggest boost you can get (one full dmg item more)
    Orc - passiv stun resistant is usefull, even more thanks to dr. An actual usefull ap boost active (most usefull on horde side)

7. Best PvE DPS - Orc (+5 expertise and AP cooldown)
    Best PvE tank - Tauren (+52 stamina in ICC)
    Best for PvP - Human (Free PvP trinket)
    Best look - Undead (Spooky)

8. Shadowmeld is a bit buggy lately...
    It wont get u out of Combat if u are fighting a "boss" target (dummy not included), and it used to build up huge amount of threat if u used it, idk if that is fixed, but wouldnt recomend goin for it...

As for PvE, on ally side u dont have anything special. If u want pure PvE expirience u can go Draenei for extra 1% hit. If u want both PvE and PvP go Human. That extra trinket proc is huge.
    When it comes to horde, Ors are OP in both PvE and PvP duo to extra expertise, atk power active and stun duration reduction.

If u want to maximise ur PvE expirience/performance only, go for Draenei / Orc.

If u want to do both PvP and PvE, go for Human / Orc.

If u want looks, i cant help u with that, only u can. :D

P.S. If u dont plan doing any hardcore pve/pve u can go for gnome/tauren. They have some nice racials that can be usefull from time to time, and if u love how they look thats a huge plus. On top of it all u can always race change with points...

9. To interject with a slightly less conventional viewpoint here, Trolls are just as viable as Orcs, and arguably better when the Orc expertise doesn't end up being utilized, and it doesn't using the most common BiS set with Aldriana's Gloves and the tier Legs. The value of the Haste CD eclipses Blood Fury by leagues for a Fury Warrior. Even moreso when you manage to game the haste CD with cleave opportunities and whatnot.

You did specify that you'd be PvPing more so that will mostly come down to Orc or Human, yeah.

10. Thanks for all of the responses!

So if I am to take it seriously at all, then i should go with either orc or human. Alright, I can live with that.

11. There's also a way to have both the best racials and looks, at the same time!
    You can edit character models. The change affects only your client, but it should be enough to get over the aesthetic issues :)

For a guide on how to change races, see this thread.
    For a guide on how to edit models in general (sans races), see this thread.

Hopefully this helps~